What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Coaching Search Thread

In terms of past experience I would prefer these tiers for RG's selections

Tier 1. Previous P5 HC
Tier 2. Previous NFL HC
Tier 3. Current Pac 12 rising assistant
Tier 4. Non-P5 HC
Tier 5. Dave Logan

In terms of past experience I would prefer these tiers for RG's selections

Tier 1. Previous P5 HC
Tier 2. Previous NFL HC
Tier 3. Current Pac 12 rising assistant
Tier 4. Non-P5 HC
Tier 5. Dave Logan

Jaximus, I'm ****ing dying over here!... "Tier 5"... I needed that after a day like today.

Anyone have Bruce Feldman's entire list? He's pretty dialed in. He had RG to CU before anyone really heard of him

If they hired Roper, I would puke. Nothing on his resume screams top Coach. Probably good as a QB coach but Montez has struggled when it counts.

If Rich George says he wants conference championships and national championships he will have to make better hires than that.

If they hired Roper, I would puke. Nothing on his resume screams top Coach. Probably good as a QB coach but Montez has struggled when it counts.

If Rich George says he wants conference championships and national championships he will have to make better hires than that.

About a 0% chance.

Did anyone else see Jeremy Bloom's tweet and replies. He was asking Buff Nation who we'd prefer and someone mentioned Eric Bieniemy and Bloom replied that he's the top choice. Not sure how connected Bloom is but I'm thinking RG has this thing on total lock-down. As he said in his presser, we'll know when the decision has been made.

Let's see if this works:

I agree. I’d like to see Roper get a chance to stick around as QB coach, however unlikely that probably is. I think Montez struggles as the season went on were due to the insecurity he felt with arguably the worst OL in college football. Montez is no Andrew Luck, but the performance comparison correlates when the supporting cast isn’t there.

Feldman says a CU approach would give Holgorsen a lot to think about and he says Jimmy Lake probably wouldn't say no if he was offered the job.

Did anyone else see Jeremy Bloom's tweet and replies. He was asking Buff Nation who we'd prefer and someone mentioned Eric Bieniemy and Bloom replied that he's the top choice. Not sure how connected Bloom is but I'm thinking RG has this thing on total lock-down. As he said in his presser, we'll know when the decision has been made.

Let's see if this works:

Bloom is trolling.
EB is probably about option #20.

Bloom is trolling.
EB is probably about option #20.
Can you imagine the kids going from MM to EB? Couldn't find a starker contrast in styles. The F Bombs at practice might shake these kids to the core. Not sure EB's style would work in today's college game.

How about... Bo Pelini

*ducks in cover*
I actually think he wouldn't be terrible.

He definitely wouldn't "fit in" in Boulder, but I've argued elsewhere that that's not necessarily a negative (hint: Mac 1 didn't "fit in" either).

I can’t fathom how Bienemy is a serious candidate. That’s got to be a smoke screen. Just has to be.

Being a leader of the Recruit First crowd here, do you imagine he'd find religion as the Buffs HC?

Fair question. I would think/hope RG would be encouraging him to hire a CA recruiting ace and TX recruiting ace.

I actually think he wouldn't be terrible.

He definitely wouldn't "fit in" in Boulder, but I've argued elsewhere that that's not necessarily a negative (hint: Mac 1 didn't "fit in" either).
EB actually handled himself with class while he was OC here in his interactions with the media, fans and boosters. He's a volatile personality, but he kept that behind the doors of the locker room like a professional should.

Getting a lot of pub since we are the only P5 job currently open.

Same group of characters as everyone else, except he has EB up higher than you'd think, and also mentions:

10. Jason Candle, Toledo: Even with the Rockets taking a dip this year, he’s the most marketable of the MAC coaches after winning the league last season. His ability as a play-caller to develop consistently prolific offenses as both a head coach and coordinator is key. Does an AD view him as the next Matt Campbell, who he followed at Toledo?

Colorado needs to go with a guy whose ceiling is still uncertain.
Guys like Tedford are solid, but we know their ceiling. Not the worst hire, but not where we want to get to.
We need an up and comer that, yes includes uncertainty and is a gamble, looks to have a very high ceiling.

Back