What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

***Official Colorado @ UofA 2014 Football Game thread***

Idiotic. We have 3 TOs and are losing only by 4 to the #19 team in the country on the road. I don't know what it will take this team to pull their heads out of their ass though.

But here comes the third quarter...gonna be ugly me thinks...

I thought we'd get rolled tonight considering the injuries and it being a bad matchup in general.

I'm frustrated right now because the Buffs had a lot of opportunity to have a lead at the half.

But I'm also pleasantly surprised that it's a good game.

Cu ****ing sucks. Our coaches suck and we have zero talent on the team. ****!!!!!

You don't know what you're talking about. Take away some turnovers and we are playing the 19th ranked team in the country tough at their place (with greatly inferior talent).

Our coaches are actually quite good (especially the head coach, OC and WR coach). If you can't see that, you don't know the sport. In fact, the offensive play calling has been inspired today IMHO.

I don't understand why some people even watch the games. Why not just look at the box score on Sunday and spout off about how much the team sucks. Would save you a lot of time and stomach acid.

3 turnovers and down 4 at half? Wow this team is so good at being bad.

They're not good enough to play this bad every week but be so close. I don't understand this team at all. I have no idea how the Buffs aren't getting blown out every week in conference play.

Defense played it's best half. Nervous about the second half getting away from them though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This doesn't help the pro-Sefo argument.

He's been missing arguably our best RB since early in the 1st quarter. He's been getting horrible pass protection from the OL, yet the staff keeps calling pocket passing plays. Please tell me how it's a sophomore's fault who has not yet played a full season at QB?

Yes .. he makes bad decisions (not securing the ball enough under obvious pressure, making ill-advised throws into double coverage, etc.) But it's humorous to me how his biggest detractors here seldom mention the good (or sometimes great) plays he makes. Kind of like DBT's constant harping on the defense, which has fallen strangely silent since the goalline stand in the 1st quarter.

Can't believe that people aren't making a bigger deal about Lindgren in this game. We consistently get conservative in times when we need to be aggressive. 3 runs inside their 7yrd line, then come out with a chickensh_t run after a turnover with 2 mins left in the half and get a holding call, forcing our young QB to try and get it all back on one play. Why not push the ball downfield instead of a run up the middle or trying to get Spruce in the corner of the endzone? Frustrating.

Idiotic. We have 3 TOs and are losing only by 4 to the #19 team in the country on the road. I don't know what it will take this team to pull their heads out of their ass though.

But here comes the third quarter...gonna be ugly me thinks...

Go fetch your juice box and orange slices. We had 4th and goal from the 2 and kick a fg. Our coaches act like keeping it close is as good as a win. SEFO TURNs the ball over on stupid plays way more than he makes a good play. Every week it is the same **** with this team from coaches to players. Nobody wants to make a play when it counts.

If Sefo continues to make mistakes in the 2nd we need to look at Gehrke before it gets out of hand. Hope that we start strong and he does well though.

Go fetch your juice box and orange slices. We had 4th and goal from the 2 and kick a fg. Our coaches act like keeping it close is as good as a win. SEFO TURNs the ball over on stupid plays way more than he makes a good play. Every week it is the same **** with this team from coaches to players. Nobody wants to make a play when it counts.

The FG was the right call. The TOs are the problem.

And if they went for it and missed you'd bitchabout them not taking the points

In my surfing today, I came across, of all things, an Ivy League game. Specifically it was Pitt vs. Princeton. The stands at Princeton were empty, and would be considered a joke on the worst day in CU history in the middle of a blizzard with 50 mph winds at 10 below zero. But it was fun to watch. It was, after all, football. I do find it amazing that so few of us can actually just enjoy football when we watch the team that we supposedly love. To me the worst day watching football beats almost any other day. I am as bad as anybody on this (even though some might think that I am a sunshine pumper), but I do find it amazing that watching football can be such a negative, horrible experience, yet we still do it, week after week, year after year. I have had CU season continuously since 1999, and will continue to do so as long as I have the health to go, and the money to buy them. Yeah, the team may have issues. Yeah, you may have issues with the coaches. Yeah, the turnovers are irksome, at best. I always try to remember that it is football. Football is life.

Told you guys, I can't believe we've been in the games period. Sefo protect the ****ing football already.

Sefos interception was inexcusable. The people calling for a backup qb are worse.

Cu this year makes no sense. No team should be this competitive at losing most every game

Back