What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Colorado vs. Oregon game thread

Maybe now we can circle the wagons and focus on football. Prime can bring the spotlight and the attention but he can’t play the game for this team.

The crazy thing is that CU will get more attention this week than Oregon and that will piss off that arrogant prick Lanning to the point he loses sleep. Oregon has peaked and this was his moment in the light.

I'm gonna be honest, Kent State had a better OL last year than considering who's eligible for CU. They had a good G5 OL. Couldn't run block for **** but they were special in pass blocking for their level of competition

Lmao! It's over Broski, we aren't beating Utah. We need some luck to beat Oregon State and UCLA. USC and TCU were the upsets but only due to Shedeur and Travis. Without one of the two, we can't upset them either.
Arizona, asu and Stanford.
Just have to win those three.

In years past after getting beat by 36, there was no hope. At this point I'm all full of hope. Better days are definitely ahead.

We gotta get a line. Is there any big dudes walking around on campus they can pull in? I've never watched a team with this bad an O line for a long time

Go and watch Andre Gurode playing OL for the Buffs, he was the best I have ever seen, and he is coaching OL in the XFL. Would love to see him on this staff and out recruiting for us. I have not given up on BOB, but Gurode was special, and we do not have anyone close to that level YET
They don't have the talent. I honestly felt the OL recruiting was awful. Washington and Brown came for the coaches. They missed on everyone else. Bailey is not a P5 guard. They lost more talent than they added. They need to try to convince Tommy Brown to come back. He was miles better than Beebe or Bailey. Is Brown still at CU. Get him back, now!

I grew up in a rich, very white, Orange County CA surrounded by USC alums and their kids driving Porsches to high school. I hated their guts as I worked in a gas station pumping their gas every day. Maybe just maybe it isn't all about Prime. Maybe people are saying enough of Shedeur getting annointed the Heisman and showing his Rolex non stop. I'm not saying you are wrong (because you aren't), but it isn't always black and white either.

You left out the part where you tell us about how you worked hard and where it took you.

I grew up in a rich, very white, Orange County CA surrounded by USC alums and their kids driving Porsches to high school. I hated their guts as I worked in a gas station pumping their gas every day. Maybe just maybe it isn't all about Prime. Maybe people are saying enough of Shedeur getting annointed the Heisman and showing his Rolex non stop. I'm not saying you are wrong (because you aren't), but it isn't always black and white either.
steve martins first movie GIF

Go and watch Andre Gurode playing OL for the Buffs, he was the best I have ever seen, and he is coaching OL in the XFL. Would love to see him on this staff and out recruiting for us. I have not given up on BOB, but Gurode was special, and we do not have anyone close to that level YET
He needs to come back to Colorado if OB can't recruit monsters. Fire him and bring in someone who can

Coach Hart only saving grace is his potential and more importantly, JuJu Mitchell. That said, Bentley and Ham are backups at best. Brown is not a linebacker. They need to up some NIL to solve these issues and bring in 4 and 5 stars in the front 6 as well as trenches.

2024 recruiting should look like getting a two WRs to replace Weaver and Antonio
Fixing the OL
Getting a big TE
Getting a top transfer corner to pair with Travis and McClain
Getting a lot of starters on the front 6.

Anyone that's a top talent and not being used right, come to CU.

Why are we still talking about former players becoming coaches just because they went to CU? What has he done to demonstrate he can recruit elite talent? Is he even a good coach?

We're on the "hire former Buff" phase?

Nice, it happened much later than it did in previous years

A G5 OL that's well above average is special.
Feel like we’re talking past each other. I mean above average in the g5 not above average in fbs. Maybe the Buffs have an above avg g5 OL with Wells. Without him they are a very avg g5 line.

Tommy Brown and Roddick are better than Beebe and Bailey and its a massive gap. Tank had a really bad game but he hasn't been bad this year for the most part. Same for Savion. Wells wasn't good today but he's back from an injury. Who knows how much that effected him. He didn't seem as strong this week as previous games.

Why are we still talking about former players becoming coaches just because they went to CU? What has he done to demonstrate he can recruit elite talent? Is he even a good coach?
Gurode may be an ex-Buff, but he is a pro's pro
Runs an organization in Houston, TX that is very plugged into Texas football
Has more experience and clout than BOB who is a midwest guy with no major connections
But, oh well, former Buff, screw him

Has more experience and clout than BOB who is a midwest guy with no major connections
I see we didn't learn between Embree and his staff through Chev.

Just because you went to CU doesn't mean you're a good fit. Plugged in? What does that actually mean? Wasn't Kanavis and that Embree staff well plugged into Texas football? What's he gonna do in the NIL era?

Thought this line of thinking ended already, guess it's still out there.

Lmao! It's over Broski, we aren't beating Utah. We need some luck to beat Oregon State and UCLA. USC and TCU were the upsets but only due to Shedeur and Travis. Without one of the two, we can't upset them either.
Then we arent playing them again any time soon was his point.

Dude

I see we didn't learn between Embree and his staff through Chev.

Just because you went to CU doesn't mean you're a good fit. Plugged in? What does that actually mean? Wasn't Kanavis and that Embree staff well plugged into Texas football? What's he gonna do in the NIL era?

Thought this line of thinking ended already, guess it's still out there.
So, BOB is gonna get out there and be a part of our push to get at least 4-5 top O-Linemen to fix these problems.

Deion is the lead recruiter, and he will help land the guys we need, but your position coach is the most important.

Embree and Chev are JAGS compared to Gurode

Back