What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

I want hotel rooms with windows looking onto Folsom Field. What could possibly go wrong?

The proposals for that side that I saw posted when Bohn was AD, called for demo and new construction. Mostly more seats between the 40's in an upper deck type deal. New media booth. New luxury boxes. New concourse. New bathrooms. It is something that needs to be done asap.
I think the stadium renovation is a given, I am more interested in what they will do with all the extra space currently occupied by balch. I wonder what other ideas there are other than the hotel because even though the hotel sounds like a good idea and will create revenue on non game days, there has to be some better ideas out there.

It's happening. No word on a date with Lady Gaga.

Maybe @DBT can find a construction cam and open a little bro thread.

They have a cam if people are interested. Haven't posted the link or info because I figured most people didn't care. Can open a "Stadium Construction" Thread in the pub if there is interest

They have a cam if people are interested. Haven't posted the link or info because I figured most people didn't care. Can open a "Stadium Construction" Thread in the pub if there is interest

Maybe an broader OPP thread?
(Other People's Properties)
A general catch all with renovations and sweet digs from around the country.

Maybe an broader OPP thread?
(Other People's Properties)
A general catch all with renovations and sweet digs from around the country.

Good plan. I will work on it.

Insert a music track on that thread!

There's no room for relationship there's just room to hit it
How many brothers out there know just what I'm gettin' at
Who thinks it's wrong 'cause I'm splittin' and co-hittin' at
Well if you do, that's OPP and you're not down with it
But if you don't, here's your membership

You down with OPP (Yeah you know me)
You down with OPP (Yeah you know me)

I had an idea this morning that I think would be very cool for when CU renovates the West side and the press box area.

I think there should be a "CU Sports Media Hall of Fame". With Chris Fowler, Joel Klatt, Jim Gray and Rick Reilly (ugh), along with a lot of others who either broadcast Buffs games, been SIDs, been on the CU beat, etc., there is a ton that could be done with that. Especially when you throw in all the people like Kate Fagan who are currently working in the biz but maybe not HOF level yet.

I had an idea this morning that I think would be very cool for when CU renovates the West side and the press box area.

I think there should be a "CU Sports Media Hall of Fame". With Chris Fowler, Joel Klatt, Jim Gray and Rick Reilly (ugh), along with a lot of others who either broadcast Buffs games, been SIDs, been on the CU beat, etc., there is a ton that could be done with that. Especially when you throw in all the people like Kate Fagan who are currently working in the biz but maybe not HOF level yet.

Nice sentiment.

The local media scene has a number of honorable members, too.

Zimmerman and Logan have distinguished radio careers. Mark Johnson flanked by Charles Johnson, Alfred Williams, Chad Brown & Gary Barnett would make a great guest list to announce the honors.

BG Brooks and Drew Litton also have distinguished careers in the print world covering CU.

Awards bestowed upon the CU Video Dept belong in that hall, too.

I think Dave Plati would also deserve some love for a long and distinguished career.

Didn't Plati coin the term "Red Zone" and pioneer keeping stats for this category? I've also heard mention a while ago that a CU person was involved in bringing the ubiquitous yellow first-down line to TV broadcasts. Can anyone confirm? If true, both those anecdotes show that CU takes its football serious enough, and media innovations like this would be good to highlight.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just noticed that Apple recently updated Boulder in Apple Maps. It's a little more current than what Google Earth has.

Apple:
83zSWfs.jpg

Google:
SKJXQ7d.jpg

pretty big project for the existing staff unless they are hiring outside help to move all that dirt.
I suppose the AD could have cut some visible cost by not having the contractor do it. The remaining equipment looks like it could belong to CU for sure.

Mixed feelings about this article.
While it's a source of pride to have a cutting edge facility that other programs are interested in inspecting and perhaps copying, it's also a bummer that the CU Champions Center doesn't yet have victories to show as a benefit.

The construction only took 4 years to complete. That's not much time in a college arms race.

Also - sure would be nice to head about coaches coming from around the world to learn about MacIntyre's leading edge coaching philosophies and methods.

I guess the tailgating is going to be off the hook over there. No more parking on the grass, but they'll store your gear and get it set up for you every week. Park in the garage and walk out to your pre-determined spot, where a tent, table, chairs and a cooler await you. No more worries about parking on wet grass so the tailgate spot is always there. This is brilliant. Flat out brilliant. The in/out from the parking garage will be fast, too. This is the kind of fan experience we've been hoping they'd provide.

RG and his staff get a HUGE thumbs up from me. While it won't change how I tailgate, it will be attractive for a lot of the big dollar folks.

Back