What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

53962-mila-kunis-orgasm-gif-VT9a_zps08fc6f61.gif~c200

It looks amazing.

P.S. Shots like these are why I'm not as quick to want changes to the South end zone area as some folks. That COLORADO in an aerial photo is iconic.

It looks amazing.

P.S. Shots like these are why I'm not as quick to want changes to the South end zone area as some folks. That COLORADO in an aerial photo is iconic.

All of the concrete in Folsom needs to be resurfaced/replaced including that ramp, but they definitely need to find a way to keep that in the endzone if possible.

Change the ramp to melted rubber pellets, so cleats don't slide on it.

It looks amazing.

Who wants the south end zone area changed and why?? Like you said, it's an iconic part of CU Football.

Who is calling for changes to the south endzone? This is the first I've ever heard that.

Who is calling for changes to the south endzone? This is the first I've ever heard that.

Maybe it was just the resurfacing thing. But I thought I remembered chatter calling for re-doing it in the next phases of stadium remodel.

It looks better than I thought was gonna happen, still wanna see the black end zones with gold letters though. Yes, I'm picky, just always thought it was badass.

It looks better than I thought was gonna happen, still wanna see the black end zones with gold letters though. Yes, I'm picky, just always thought it was badass.

I have asked CU Turf about that on twitter. They said they can't because that much black paint would kill the grass up here with the intensity of the sun. However, if they ever went back to artificial, I Hope they would black out the endzones.

I have asked CU Turf about that on twitter. They said they can't because that much black paint would kill the grass up here with the intensity of the sun. However, if they ever went back to artificial, I Hope they would black out the endzones.
Sounds like a good chemistry / environmental science project: a temporary black paint that can be applied for game day (there's only 6 or 7 of them a year) and washed off after the game.

If they go to artificial turf, they should just go full Boise and black out the entire field with gold numbering and hash marks!

Maybe it was just the resurfacing thing. But I thought I remembered chatter calling for re-doing it in the next phases of stadium remodel.
Not only should they keep it, but I would be in favor of incorporating something similar into the CEC. It's iconic.

Turf is actually made in black and then has to be colored to the specific need. They would save a ton of money for cool things like a new sound system!

Next Folsom priorities?
1. Sound system
2. Concrete/rust issues
3. WiFi upgrade
4. Seat backs/railings
5. West side press box/flatirons club/balch

Next Folsom priorities?
1. Sound system
2. Concrete/rust issues
3. WiFi upgrade
4. Seat backs/railings
5. West side press box/flatirons club/balch

Think the next thing done at folsom will probably be concrete work. Only because I have seen handrails mentioned as coming to Folsom and CEC and in order to do that they will need to widen the stairs a bit, shorten the bleachers, etc. Might as well do concrete at the same time.

Back