What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

The exact capacity numbers are not easy to find for 2014 and 2015. As others said, "about the same" and "slightly less" is consistent with my understanding.

It would be a pleasant surprise for any game this season to fill the stadium. It doesn't matter if the capacity ends up at 52,000 or 53,613 right now. I'm expecting attendance to range from 39,000 to as many as 45,000 if we go into Oregon State at 4-1 or 5-0. I doubt the Bruins, Huskies or Utes will pack 'em in.

If we are 4-1 or 5-0, the stadium will probably be pretty full for OSU. I'm thinking closer to 50k.

Construction 7-11.JPG

Big time progress in the north east corner from yesterday. No clue where they are at with regards to the proposed finish date of the seats, but from here on out, progress should be much more noticeable as they move farther above ground.

Circled in blue, are the main structural columns going up. Because of their location I am guessing those are to support the seats and that they have not yet begun the structure for the facility itself. Seems inline with them planning on having the seats done by the ASU game.

Circled in red, you can see formwork going up for what I believe are the walls that will separate the loge boxes from the club seats.

Finally in green, it looks like they poured concrete for the foundation wall that will be supporting the new section going up in the north east corner.

Last edited:
View attachment 14462

Big time progress in the north east corner from yesterday. No clue where they are at with regards to the proposed finish date of the seats, but from here on out, progress should be much more noticeable as they move farther above ground.

Circled in blue, are the main structural columns are going up. Because of their location I am guessing those are to support the seats and that they have not yet begun the structure for the facility itself. Seems inline with them planning on having the seats done by the ASU game.

Circled in red, you can see formwork going up for what I believe are the walls that will separate the loge boxes from the club seats.

Finally in green, it looks like they poured concrete for the foundation wall that will be supporting the new section going up in the north east corner.

I'm not going to go back through the thread and look at the plans, but isn't the area where you've circled blue and green where the new football center is going to be? I didn't think that was for seating.

I'm not going to go back through the thread and look at the plans, but isn't the area where you've circled blue and green where the new football center is going to be? I didn't think that was for seating.

Yes and yes?

ne-05.jpg

Those seats are part of the new "champions club"

champ-club.jpg

SIAP, but I enjoyed today's Post article which stated an individual donor is about to step up and make a substantial donation that will put us past the 1/3rd mark in facility funding. RG just looks better and better. For some reason, Mike Bohn just didn't seem to connect. Mike seemed more like an "up front, out in public" guy while RG is doing things behind the scenes.

SIAP, but I enjoyed today's Post article which stated an individual donor is about to step up and make a substantial donation that will put us past the 1/3rd mark in facility funding. RG just looks better and better. For some reason, Mike Bohn just didn't seem to connect. Mike seemed more like an "up front, out in public" guy while RG is doing things behind the scenes.

Bohn fired Barnett while not handling it well. That alienated an important part of the fan base. That was only fixable if the direction Bohn went with the football program had been successful. It wasn't. In fact, it took CU to the lowest possible place in the college football rankings. The circus around the Embree firing and the embarrassingly public failure to close Butch exacerbated the disconnect and turned off some more of the old guard. Bohn had his supporters, but the only way to get everyone back in the boat was to bring in a new AD.

Bohn was the right guy at the time. He fixed a horrendous mess. He was unable to take the AD to the next level, though. RG is definitely the right guy to take that next step. I'm squarely on the RG bandwagon now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

progress.JPG

While you guys are discussing CSU's stadium, here is an update on ours.

Definite progress. One wall splitting the club seats is up, 2nd is going up in formwork right now. More foundations being poured on the NE corner. Also the drill rig has been very busy lately on the caissons for the new facility.

Holy ****! This is actually happening! Go RG!
Yeah, in other sports news the Spurs won the NBA championship, the Kings won the Stanley Cup, they played some soccer tournament in Brazil, the owner of the Clippers was shown out as a racist asshole and forced to sell the team, and I'm sure there are some other things that have happened while you've been living under that rock...:thumbsup:

I'm excited how quickly things are happening - this is going to look great when finished.

progress 7-18.JPG

Loge boxes are getting framed in.

Second wall on east side of club box going up

4 new structural columns are up

Looks like a lot of activity on the east side outside the stadium, looks like they are working on getting the lot prepped for the main football facility. I would say they look to be on schedule for having the new seats in by the ASU game, maybe even ahead of schedule slightly for the project as a whole.

Solution, sounds machine. Drowns everything out.

As for Kuta. She is making me long for freakn Brittany Anas

From phone

Just watched the embedded video. What sympathy I had for Ruskiewicz is now gone. Deal with it.

In case anyone was wondering: Kuta is a biased hack running with personal biases and preconceived opinions, finding anything that supports this, and writing drivel that passes for journalism at today's Daily Camera (run by editors who share the same personal biases and preconceived opinions). They're all still wondering why CU athletics gets to build shiny new stuff while they had to give up their digs on some of the most prime real estate in Boulder that housed their antiquated enterprise.

As far as Rustywhatchamacallit is concerned: we need to all go and pee on her lawn.

:lol:

Live near campus! Shocked by construction noise!

Honestly - CU really needs to take the tact of '**** em'. Trying to bend to every need of the yuppies in Boulder is impossible.

Back