What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

The first half of this interview was rough for me to listen to. Barnett closed it out well, but something about his delivery/wording in the beginning just irritated me. Anyone else get that vibe from the video?
Nope, maybe I'm just glad to see him more involved it appears. Doubt this happens if Bohn is still there.

Gary is supporting things and supporting Rick George. As a media personality, that was actually pretty high level for GB.

Capture.JPG

Really doing work over there and doing it quickly. Almost have the north east corner graded to a single level, and the recycling center is all gone.

Do any other programs have club/loge seating that close to the field?

Not sure that Okie Lite's premium seating down low between the 40's is club/loge, but there are some premium seats that have seat backs and partitions.

3e5a3y9a.jpg

As a football fan I can't understand why anyone would pay a premium to sit in the endzone. Those were the cheap seats that they put all of us young alums in. You can't see **** at the other end of the field. Is it too hard to ask for some chairbacks, they don't even have to be padded, in 118 and the other two high donation sections on the west side?

As a football fan I can't understand why anyone would pay a premium to sit in the endzone. Those were the cheap seats that they put all of us young alums in. You can't see **** at the other end of the field. Is it too hard to ask for some chairbacks, they don't even have to be padded, in 118 and the other two high donation sections on the west side?

I believe you will be able to buy booze in the new end zone section. That is the hook.

I believe you will be able to buy booze in the new end zone section. That is the hook.

Yep. And it goes beyond that. Different fans like different things. For instance, if my parents were to get season tickets they would love those seats. Being around rowdy, loud fans with the best stadium energy is not a selling point for them... it's a turnoff. View of the field? Secondary concern. As long as their sight lines aren't obstructed and they're not too far from the field, they'll be happy enough.

Being able to have wait staff service taking orders and delivering food and drinks to their seat? Easy-access parking to go with it? One of the best views of Ralphie running? Now we're talking.

Rick George and team nailed it on this one. There are plenty of folks like my parents and that target market has the resources for Club/Loge even as casual fans. They won't buy a Suite, though. Too pricey for a casual fan who isn't using it for business purposes. And they're more than happy to make an area of the stadium their own to transform from low-cost seating to a high-value area.

Yep. And it goes beyond that. Different fans like different things. For instance, if my parents were to get season tickets they would love those seats. Being around rowdy, loud fans with the best stadium energy is not a selling point for them... it's a turnoff. View of the field? Secondary concern. As long as their sight lines aren't obstructed and they're not too far from the field, they'll be happy enough.

Being able to have wait staff service taking orders and delivering food and drinks to their seat? Easy-access parking to go with it? One of the best views of Ralphie running? Now we're talking.

Rick George and team nailed it on this one. There are plenty of folks like my parents and that target market has the resources for Club/Loge even as casual fans. They won't buy a Suite, though. Too pricey for a casual fan who isn't using it for business purposes. And they're more than happy to make an area of the stadium their own to transform from low-cost seating to a high-value area.

Totally agree. Thinking about purchasing these seats this season, or very soon.

I imagine these will be sold out and we'll be raking in the $$$$$ with these seats

I should also add that there aren't many stairs to deal with. That's a huge selling point for those seats.

On the C470 loop completion: Our "friends" in Golden have steadfastly and successfully fought every attempt to complete the loop. I personally have given up on this ever becoming a reality.

It won't complete on the north end either. It will terminate at Hwy 128 between Simms & Indiana. You will still have to weave through Interlocken and join back up north of the turnpike.

Capture630.JPG

Site demo/clearing almost complete and construction of new structure has officially begun. New concrete in the north endzone.

does anyone know the projected capacity of Folsom after the planned construction is complete? Doesn't seem like this is going to move the needle.

I couldn't immediately find this info through searching.

does anyone know the projected capacity of Folsom after the planned construction is complete? Doesn't seem like this is going to move the needle.

I couldn't immediately find this info through searching.

About the same. The stadium game isn't about capacity any more. It's about finding the ideal revenue value. That means justifying as many premium seats as possible to be sold along with the largest possible donations & pricing per seat for the rest.

On that model, Stanford decreased capacity by 20k or so when it did its recent huge remodel of its stadium. CU's at the right size for the modern era (50k-65k). We just need to polish things up to maximize the value of that seating footprint.

The exact capacity numbers are not easy to find for 2014 and 2015. As others said, "about the same" and "slightly less" is consistent with my understanding.

It would be a pleasant surprise for any game this season to fill the stadium. It doesn't matter if the capacity ends up at 52,000 or 53,613 right now. I'm expecting attendance to range from 39,000 to as many as 45,000 if we go into Oregon State at 4-1 or 5-0. I doubt the Bruins, Huskies or Utes will pack 'em in.

Back