What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU @ Oregon State Thread - 10/14 2 PM MT on P12-Network

I love Phil and he’s a great teammate and leader, but you saying this is reason enough for me to disregard everything you say because you clearly don’t fully understand college football. If you’re telling me you would draft Phil in the top even 15 running backs, you’re delusional

Go ahead and disregard me. I don't give a crap about what other people think.
Especially one who assumes that I'd draft A over B in any scenario. He's not hte best in the nation, but he's done more for CU
than any other RB has for their team across the board in college football. Take him out of the lineup and we are in a world of hurt.

When our line can’t handle their gaps our line backers are always going to seem out of position.

This question probably deserves its own thread, but it can go here for now. Will CU’s defense force another punt, even one, the rest of the year??

i'm not sure that is holding. You can have your hands out. Unless you hook or restrict, pullover or twist for takedown. having a hand out of the shoulder is not holding in CFB
He grabbed his jersey from behind. It was a pretty easy hold call.

Not liking what I'm seeing from the Buffs. Broadcasters were right on the mark when they said OSU is outplaying the Buffs in this one. This might be the last football game I watch this season.

If the refs aren't calling holding you have to adjust. Yeah, it sucks, but the team should be doing the same or making other adjustments (say zone blitzes). P12 refs have been allowing it all year.

MM needs to convince these guys that each one has to kick his opponent's ass. it's all or nothing now and they need to get tough

For Quarterbacks, absolutely. Running backs pretty much get drafted if they can do really well in college. Look at all the recent heisman winners that were running backs. All drafted highly aside from Derrick Henry. All first rounders. So before you try to sound smart, know what you’re talking about
The last two running backs deemed to be the best player in all of college football were selected #45 and #28 overall. I see that as significantly different than #1.

Reggie Bush went # 2 in 2006, that's your 3rd most recent RB to win the award.

Next most recent is 1999 winner Ron Dayne who went #11 in the 2000 draft.

There aren't really "recent" Heisman winners at RB.

Maybe the finalists tell a different story about being a high finisher in the Heisman as an RB, and a high draft pick, the one that comes to mind is Christian McCaffrey who went #8 so there's a little bit there. I don't know them all off hand and don't have time to dig deeper.

If the refs aren't calling holding you have to adjust. Yeah, it sucks, but the team should be doing the same or making other adjustments (say zone blitzes). P12 refs have been allowing it all year.
This is a lazy post. Holding is not an easy call and is often not what fans think they see.

There are much bigger issues in this game and with this team than the ever seemingly present "holding" complaint on AB.

I love Phil and he’s a great teammate and leader, but you saying this is reason enough for me to disregard everything you say because you clearly don’t fully understand college football. If you’re telling me you would draft Phil in the top even 15 running backs, you’re delusional
Phil, ranked at exactly #15 RB on nfldraftscout.com, they must be delusional.

The last two running backs deemed to be the best player in all of college football were selected #45 and #28 overall. I see that as significantly different than #1.

Reggie Bush went # 2 in 2006, that's your 3rd most recent RB to win the award.

Next most recent is 1999 winner Ron Dayne who went #11 in the 2000 draft.

There aren't really "recent" Heisman winners at RB.

Maybe the finalists tell a different story about being a high finisher in the Heisman as an RB, and a high draft pick, the one that comes to mind is Christian McCaffrey who went #8 so there's a little bit there. I don't know them all off hand and don't have time to dig deeper.
You just proved my point. I wouldn’t take Phil ahead of 15 other current running backs, much less consider him for the heisman. I’m not saying all the winners are great nfl backs. But I’m saying Phil does not belong in the heisman conversation at all and I used the top 15 backs as a reasoning.

Back