What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU @ Oregon State Thread - 10/14 2 PM MT on P12-Network

Hard to win shootouts if you can't keep your QB upright, we struggle with that.

Also have to be willing to stretch the ball downfield. Hard to do that with the OL problems but also we just haven't been willing to try it much.

You don't have to love the offense... but come on. Won the game today.

Hey loser mentality loser Jaxoffalot, suck it you POS. I'm sure your weekend was ruined with the Buffs winning. So tired of all the losers on this board that quit the team in the first quarter. I'd bet anything all of you are Republicans.

****ing losers.

Haha I should have used that name!

I'm glad we didn't find a way to blow it this week, but I'm not overjoyed that we had to eek out a win who has been demolished by everyone else.

I expect more from our offense.

What I don't understand is what happened to Shay Fields.

He gets no separation anymore, even when he gets the ball, he's good for no YAC at all, and he only made a half-hearted attempt at the ball on the play when OSU was called for holding late in the game.
I could be wrong, but he might be allowing his inner-diva to get the best of him. I think he's prone to pouting and giving in to hopelessness. He's not good enough to not play at the top of his game and still be productive.

1. Montez had a horrible game IMO.
2. Our kick return game game was ****ing terrible.
3. Offense could not get on a roll at all, see number one.
4. Worthington needs to hit people, he plays soft for such a big body.

Man these last two weeks have been rough defensively.

Third down conversion percentage for our opponents is an important statistic this year. That statistic drives me ****ing crazy.

You don't have to love the offense... but come on. Won the game today.

I'm happy we won. This is a game we could have very easily lost.

I'm not happy with the offense though. We had 6 pass completions through 3 quarters. We didn't do anything to get Montez going and confident. Every time we got a completion for a first down we followed it with at least one run up the middle. You could see the defense adjusting to it and we still didn't change until the end of the game.

We won but against almost any other PAC team this effort would have netted us a loss.

I'm happy we won. This is a game we could have very easily lost.

I'm not happy with the offense though. We had 6 pass completions through 3 quarters. We didn't do anything to get Montez going and confident. Every time we got a completion for a first down we followed it with at least one run up the middle. You could see the defense adjusting to it and we still didn't change until the end of the game.

We won but against almost any other PAC team this effort would have netted us a loss.

Again, you do not have to love the offense... but our big issues are on the other side of the ball. Until the defense can get more than a couple stops a game, arguing about the offense is mostly pointless.

I will. But **** you to all the losers who quit 15% into a 100% game. I stand by what I said and inferred.

I should act Ike you Duff, only making fun of and belittling Buff fans who are optimistic about the Buffs and life.

Calling out posters in a weird political way helps no one. Be optimistic all you want without doing stupid stuff.

When the offense had the ball I had zero doubt something good would happen. In fact it was the exact opposite for the defense

Again, you do not have to love the offense... but our big issues are on the other side of the ball. Until the defense can get more than a couple stops a game, arguing about the offense is mostly pointless.

I think more accurately until we start consistently recruiting the kind of athletes who can compete on the LOS on both sides of the ball arguing about the offense or defense is mostly pointless.

We got pushed around today by a team that CSU beat up on both lines.

Not everyone is a big picture guy like you...and not all arguments require a point.

I think more accurately until we start consistently recruiting the kind of athletes who can compete on the LOS on both sides of the ball arguing about the offense or defense is mostly pointless.

Come on. The defense has been really bad the last two games. When the other team is driving for 50+ yards on EVERY drive, that's THE problem.

Kickoff Returns, where did KD Nixon go? Evans showed up on the returns, and must have "Earned" his spot back. If there is one thing that Mac does that is not a Championship coach mentality is that he always leans on Older players instead of the best players. There are many things built into the program that tell the younger kids to take a back seat and learn from the older guys and respect the older guys. As tough as it sounds, the BEST players must always play. KD Nixon is better than Kyle Evans. Callier is better than D-Mac, Sparaco or any other Linebacker is better than Gamboa. Winfree is better than J-Mac, Shenault might be better than Field. And that is how it should be. If the older player wants to stay on the field, than earn the right to stay on the field, instead of being protected by the coach.

Not everyone is a big picture guy like you...and not all arguments require a point.

It's not even big picture though. Defense was dominated today by one of the worst offenses in the country... after last week. It might be okay to pay off the offense just a bit.

I thought the O-line was supposed to be all everything this season. What happened?

Come on. The defense has been really bad the last two games. When the other team is driving for 50+ yards on EVERY drive, that's THE problem.

Not disagreeing. Oregon State has been terrible and we give up close to 600 yards of offense to them. They didn't punt in the first half and if I remember twice in the whole game. Arizona was awful and their backup QB averages 27 ypc in setting a record for QB rushing.

I blame most of this on our DL simply getting destroyed most of the game and it is due to a lack of talent.

With all that though Oregon State is not a defensive powerhouse. Our offense should have scored more and frankly much of the game stunk.

It's not even big picture though. Defense was dominated today by one of the worst offenses in the country... after last week. It might be okay to pay off the offense just a bit.

I'm concerned too. We get the opponent into a position to make a stop on third down and we go soft on the attack or make a coverage mistake and they are still alive for another set of downs.

But...

Our receivers are not getting separation and our QB struggles to make a decision before his 'pocket' collapses...

Some people like to focus on one side of the ball. We have problems on both sides, so go for it.

I will say our ST play has been reasonable this year, although not spectacular today.

But. We. Won.

:woot:

I'm concerned too. We get the opponent into a position to make a stop on third down and we go soft on the attack or make a coverage mistake and they are still alive for another set of downs.

But...

Our receivers are not getting separation and our QB struggles to make a decision before his 'pocket' collapses...

Some people like to focus on one side of the ball. We have problems on both sides, so go for it.

I will say our ST play has been reasonable this year, although not spectacular today.

But. We. Won.

:woot:

We can at least run the ball pretty well!

Total Defense Game by Game
CSU = 397
WASH = 414
UCLA = 467
ARZ = 551
Against the better opponents on the schedule, we are getting worse in each game against a different type of offense each game.

I will update my own thread to include:
OSU = 569

That means that WSU will get somewhere between 570-600 yards, which is very possible. We are probably going to just have to outscore them! Early score prediction would be 49-45 Buffs?

Hey, we won. (And guess what? I'm happy about it!) For this team, this year, a win means something, no matter how ugly. Loved Montez' poise in the 4th quarter, he made some gutsy runs and threw several dimes when we had to have them. Lindsay is simply the toughest guy we've had on this team in many, many years. Will be tragic when he's done.

But alas, I believe that's the last one for the year. The D line is just hot garbage, vs. the run and getting pressure. We're gonna get carved up from here and we don't have the offense to trade scores with who we have left. AZ and OSU were the last two we could maybe do that with.

Hey loser mentality loser Jaxoffalot, suck it you POS. I'm sure your weekend was ruined with the Buffs winning. So tired of all the losers on this board that quit the team in the first quarter. I'd bet anything all of you are Republicans.

****ing losers.
Nice

Back