What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU @ Oregon State Thread - 10/14 2 PM MT on P12-Network

escaped with a win... we've got some issues; we show some flashes... our weaknesses have been exposed on defense... if you want to really judge the d staff and eliot, then watch now and see how they adjust... there is a playbook now on how to attack our defense.
We’ve been watching their adjustments all year. They're regressing, badly.

I was joking earlier about how DJ Eliot should get some plaudits for today and all the red zone trips that only ended up being FGs.

He's coaching a defense that seems to lack legitimate P5 talent on the line/front 7, maybe he does deserve some credit for "successfully" executing a bend but don't break gameplan.

We’ve been watching their adjustments all year. They're regressing, badly.

that is not exactly correct and you know it. the competition in-conference is much better than the ooc slate. the dbs are decent to good. teams that have the ability are running right at our weaknesses-- weak pursuit and bad tackling and getting no pressure in a base set is really hurting our d.

that is not exactly correct and you know it. the competition in-conference is much better than the ooc slate. the dbs are decent to good. teams that have the ability are running right at our weaknesses-- weak pursuit and bad tackling and getting no pressure in a base set is really hurting our d.
So, what adjustments have been made?

Guys...WE WON...let's enjoy an victory.

Hard to enjoy this one. We needed a stop at the end to beat one of the two worst teams in the Power 5. Lindsay was Lindsay (I think we're all going to miss him in 2018), but 6 completed passes in three quarters against that team is pathetic. The defense stopped them twice-Granted, both were critical.....but this defense looks bad, and its a combination of things. There's very little depth (as evidenced by George Frazier's newfound iron man status) and we've got a guy who was demoted LY at Kentucky calling signals. We did cut back on the penalties in a big way, though.......I can't give this performance anything better than a C-.

So, what adjustments have been made?

the last 2 games have shown the way on how to beat us. they have to figure out a way to get more defensive help in the box and hope that our corners can hold up in man for most of the game. i think. maybe bring the safeties up? i dunno. as for what has done to date, it hasn't worked.

as for what has done to date, it hasn't worked.

The point I’m trying to make is that they haven’t done anything to date. They keep playing the same way and are expecting different results.

We are not gap sound. Poor communication. Our safeties over pursue and are a step too slow against conference opponents.

RR also taught coaches that our new D players have a limited script; Lewis and all the new guys on the Dline especially.

what is scary is that at this point we can attribute the majority of MacIntyre's ("HCMM") success to Leavitt and players recruited by Embree...

There is a direct correlation to the political bent of posters on this board and their posts. Constant negativity, Republican. Optimistic Democrat. A grad student could do his dissertation on this subject. It gets tiring when you can't even get past the first quarter without the same tired posters spouting their sky is falling schtick. Sorry to mix the two.
Lame

I hope the team really looks closely at how well/poorly our receivers got open, and also how well/poorly Montez went through his progressions. Only three CU players caught passes today, and one of them was Montez. Yikes.

I bet the film room is a ****ty place to be for the defense
I honestly get the sense that they look at a game like today (or last week, or the week before, or the week before) and say “aaawwww, jeez, we were so close to making a play here or there. Make just a couple plays and we are running away with that game”. They think what they’re doing is right, but it just isn’t getting the breaks. This is, of course, complete bull****. What they’re doing is a total **** show.

I honestly get the sense that they look at a game like today (or last week, or the week before, or the week before) and say “aaawwww, jeez, we were so close to making a play here or there. Make just a couple plays and we are running away with that game”. They think what they’re doing is right, but it just isn’t getting the breaks. This is, of course, complete bull****. What they’re doing is a total **** show.
You mean winning today?

You mean winning today?
How can you look at the game today and not come away feeling like we were completely out-played and were lucky to win? Over 300 yards given up in the first half. Even the commentators were like “that’s as “bendy” as you can get without breaking”. There’s nothing about this game to be proud of. Take the win, fine, but don’t hold it up as some kind of shining example of competent football. This team has problems.

How can you look at the game today and not come away feeling like we were completely out-played and were lucky to win? Over 300 yards given up in the first half. Even the commentators were like “that’s as “bendy” as you can get without breaking”. There’s nothing about this game to be proud of. Take the win, fine, but don’t hold it up as some kind of shining example of competent football. This team has problems.
Ok, so style points are more important than a W?

Pure speculation...I doubt they are handing out participation ribbons in that room tomorrow.

Ok, so style points are more important than a W?
No, but looking like a **** against a ****ty team is still cause for concern. The absolute worst thing the coaches could possibly take away from this game is that their plans and preparation were a success.

No, but looking like a **** against a ****ty team is still cause for concern. The absolute worst thing the coaches could possibly take away from this game is that their plans and preparation were a success.
I’ll take a conference road win against a highly emotional team no matter how it looked.

Guys, there was a time during the game today where we hadn’t forced a punt in four quarters of play. OSU never punted once in the first half. We never stopped them. Not once. You can’t come away from a game where that happens and say “well, we won, so I guess that validates what we have been doing”. You have to walk away saying “man, we got lucky, we need to shake things up on defense or we will be absolutely decimated against the good teams at the back of our schedule.”

there are things you can fix and things you can't... i think the o-line has improved some in the last couple of games. i think our wideouts need to stop reading their own press clippings and toughen up. i think montez lacks consistency. these things are fixable.

i also think our d-line is getting punked pretty much every game. i think our linebackers aren't fast enough. i think we don't get enough pressure on the edges. i think we have generally good dbs but they aren't yet as good as last year... are these things fixable?

Back