What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU vs TCU Pregame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The great thing about betting is that you can easily express your conviction with a wager!

Fool me once . . . yada, yada, yada.

Anyway, I edited my post after seeing your earlier post that most think 6.5 is the right line. Which doesn't really jibe with your post that they also think the Buffs get smoked--unless losing at home by a TD = getting smoked.

Fool me once . . . yada, yada, yada.

Anyway, I edited my post after seeing your earlier post that most think 6.5 is the right line. Which doesn't really jibe with your post that they also think the Buffs get smoked--unless losing at home by a TD = getting smoked.
Professional bettors love opportunities to middle the books and remove risk from their major positions, especially early in the season when the books don’t know who’s running bets for you yet.

Can CU cover a 10.5 point spread late with a meaningless FG or TD after getting beat by 2 TDs all game? Absolutely.

Let’s say that the bettor has 1000 units on TCU -6.5. If the line gets to TCU -11.5/12, they can spend 750-1000 units on Colorado +11.5/12 risk free. This is a major reason why the line hasn’t moved much since it hit 10.5/11: the books have taken so much money on TCU up to double digits that they will have major middle exposure if they start venturing into 11.5-13.5 territory.

1) How embarrassing that we're getting 10.5 at HOME vs. a 5 win team last year.

2) No team on which Sonny Dykes was a coach at the time ever beat Colorado by more than 5 points, and that was 2003 Texas Tech. this includes Cal, TT, and Arizona. Sonny Dykes has never won in Boulder.

3) Looking forward to kicking off this rivalry with our new conference mates!

Last edited:
Professional bettors love opportunities to middle the books and remove risk from their major positions, especially early in the season when the books don’t know who’s running bets for you yet.

Can CU cover a 10.5 point spread late with a meaningless FG or TD after getting beat by 2 TDs all game? Absolutely.

Let’s say that the bettor has 1000 units on TCU -6.5. If the line gets to TCU -11.5/12, they can spend 750-1000 units on Colorado +11.5/12 risk free. This is a major reason why the line hasn’t moved much since it hit 10.5/11: the books have taken so much money on TCU up to double digits that they will have major middle exposure if they start venturing into 11.5-13.5 territory.

Good explanation. I was unaware where the line started.

Last edited:
Given that TCU has a new coaching staff and CU has a new offense, I think this game is just going to be plain offensive unless the defenses suck.

dykes playing 3 qbs ought to tell you exactly how unworried they are about CU. it is what you do when you play a lower level team etc.

hopefully, the Buffs take it as the slight it is and kick some ass. i can hope, can't i?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back