What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU vs TCU Pregame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s inaccurate.
I surround myself only with super sharp bettors. I also bet and win several multiples more than your annual salary on sports, especially European Football and American College Football. I can confidently state that you’re just wrong on this subject.

Now youre just putting words into my mouth. The OL was horrible last year. Returning starters isn’t a positive.
I tend to believe in experience, development and growth has a positive affect on most players. We also added a solid player. My point is, I don’t believe we got any worse from a talent standpoint. “Better” may have been the wrong way to say it

i like the staff from a coaching football perspective. one could argue with a straight face that it is our best coaching staff for many years. as mentioned above, you have to have athletes AND they have to grow up in your system. most of the players who were going to be difference makers left. c-go was one of the best db prospects we have had in years and showed flashes from day 1. this story is repeated across multiple position groups-- it isn't enough to just be good at Xs and Os. you have to have prime raw talent AND you have to develop and retain them AND you have to have a pipeline and depth to not fall off the cliff.

mm showed before the latest free agency that you can develop and win but he couldn't recruit well enough and didn't have a pipeline. tucker showed that we can recruit here but to retain the athletes you recruit you have to believe.

CU doesn't appear to have the money to fire anyone after this year. these guys are locked in on multiyear deals. we have made an all-in bet on this staff. there is no soft landing-- they either do it or we will get worse.

Remind me who we are replacing Rice and Stanley with and maybe I’ll reconsider my position.
Sneed and any number of the under classmen. WR is pretty deep, IMO, and Ive been vocal for a while now that Jordan Tyson is a stud who was criminally underrated coming out as the best player on one of the top TX high school programs.

Sneed and any number of the under classmen. WR is pretty deep, IMO, and Ive been vocal for a while now that Jordan Tyson is a stud who was criminally underrated coming out as the best player on one of the top TX high school programs.
i would like for this to be the gospel truth but it isn't what the facts tell us at this point.

teams can catch lightning in a bottle-- and this particular team should have a huge ****ing chip on its shoulder. that kind of a grudge is exactly the kind of thing that can lead to good things. but, success prognosticating isn't about what we want to happen or what could conceivably happen. it is about what we think is most likely to happen.

Thats a very unconvincing argument. We are replacing two guys with talent and experience with Freshmen and you are claiming it’s a wash? Ok.

i would like for this to be the gospel truth but it isn't what the facts tell us at this point.

teams can catch lightning in a bottle-- and this particular team should have a huge ****ing chip on its shoulder. that kind of a grudge is exactly the kind of thing that can lead to good things. but, success prognosticating isn't about what we want to happen or what could conceivably happen. it is about what we think is most likely to happen.
Sneed is a proven player at the P5 level who has put up numbers at a successful program. Stanley is meh. If losing Stanley is what makes the WR group “less talented” in the eyes of Buff fans, I don’t know what to tell you.

Sneed is not a freshman and I just believe Stanley is very replaceable. He wasn’t a difference maker
the adventures of pete and pete 90s GIF

I think the biggest issue with this team is that they will certainly be coached to play a messy style that mucks up the game to keep things close. I think the optimistic max win total is 4. They could very well end up winless, but more probably find a way to keep things interesting against Arizona, Arizona State, Cal, and USAFA. Despite their best efforts, the other games: a) are against teams with much better opposition and b) are slated very badly for the Buffs’ lack of quality depth. If they don’t win the ASU game, they’ll be major favorites to end the season on a 6-game losing streak.

Sneed is a proven player at the P5 level who has put up numbers at a successful program. Stanley is meh. If losing Stanley is what makes the WR group “less talented” in the eyes of Buff fans, I don’t know what to tell you.
ok, hope you are right. i will however suggest there are the following reasons players transfer in the current free agent era:

1. they think they can start somewhere else or move up in division or get a scholarship.
2. they think they can get more exposure somewhere else/ and/or they want to win.
3. they have some personal issue with the coaches or in their lives.

we had a bunch of starters leave so most of them were not in cat 1. cat 3 is a wild card and is highly random. cat 2 is the worst possible way for a p5 team to lose players.

we had starters leave for peer schools or worse with no guarantee that they would start elsewhere. these were the core that every team has to rely on. i want to believe that the guys replacing them are going to be great, but i am not sure the evidence or record supports that optimism.

ok, hope you are right. i will however suggest there are the following reasons players transfer in the current free agent era:

1. they think they can start somewhere else or move up in division or get a scholarship.
2. they think they can get more exposure somewhere else/ and/or they want to win.
3. they have some personal issue with the coaches or in their lives.

we had a bunch of starters leave so most of them were not in cat 1. cat 3 is a wild card and is highly random. cat 2 is the worst possible way for a p5 team to lose players.

we had starters leave for peer schools or worse with no guarantee that they would start elsewhere. these were the core that every team has to rely on. i want to believe that the guys replacing them are going to be great, but i am not sure the evidence or record supports that optimism.
How did you leave off as a reason that "he can make a lot more money somewhere else"?

Rice was always asking for social media follows, knowing that was a key metric used in calculating the value of his brand. USC offered a deal CU wasn't going to be able to match. It was always about that.

How did you leave off as a reason that "he can make a lot more money somewhere else"?

Rice was always asking for social media follows, knowing that was a key metric used in calculating the value of his brand. USC offered a deal CU wasn't going to be able to match. It was always about that.
you are right-- i had that in cat 2-- more exposure.

The defense seems unquestionably worse than last year.

The offense may be better, with a new OC and OL assistant, and a new QB, which could trump any losses in talent in the WR and RB room.

I think that’s your upside.

In reality, I think CU wins only one game this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back