What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU vs TCU Pregame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly it's a matter of Sonny thinking there's no way he can keep a QB healthy the whole game against the CU pass rush.
And whomever we knocked out (twice) to bring in Khalil Tate.

CU had a history of destroying quarterbacks. Just doesn’t turn out in our favor.

When CU is playing Oregon and Utah at home in November and less than 30k are in attendance he might be forced.
The buyout is too much. RG would have to be like…

help GIF

The buyout is too much. RG would have to be like…

help GIF
$7.8m for KD alone, not to mention the assistants, most of which are in their first year. It would need to be a 0-2 win season where the wheels fall off, the players quit and they are aren’t competitive.

Good news is, if most of the responses in the season prediction thread are correct, that will come to fruition

$7.8m for KD alone, not to mention the assistants, most of which are in their first year. It would need to be a 0-2 win season where the wheels fall off, the players quit and they are aren’t competitive.

Good news is, if most of the responses in the season prediction thread are correct, that will come to fruition
Nah. Even 0-12 isn’t enough to overcome the money. We don’t have the funds. “We’re a young team” will be the drum they beat until the end. The buyout is way easier after 2023.

Nah. Even 0-12 isn’t enough to overcome the money. We don’t have the funds. “We’re a young team” will be the drum they beat until the end. The buyout is way easier after 2023.
$4m vs $7.8. They’ll lose $3.8m in ticket sales and revenue in 2023 if they retain him after a dismal season like the one I described

Are they even gonna make $3.8 million this year? I don’t think so.
I don’t know what their profit margins have been but they had $21.5m in ticket sales and donations in 2021. My point is, that number is almost assuredly going to drop for the 2022 season unless they come out and surprise most of the fans with a good season, but in this context of the season being ****, they’ll continue to see falling revenue.

There comes a point where it’s more expensive to keep a failing coach than to fire him and see the inevitable bump in sales and excitement around a new hire

I don’t know what their profit margins have been but they had $21.5m in ticket sales and donations in 2021. My point is, that number is almost assuredly going to drop for the 2022 season unless they come out and surprise most of the fans with a good season, but in this context of the season being ****, they’ll continue to see falling revenue.

There comes a point where it’s more expensive to keep a failing coach than to fire him and see the inevitable bump in sales and excitement around a new hire
But does RG get to make that call? I guess if they get a new AD, that would make sense. I just don’t know if RG does that deal.

College is about player quality. If you think this year’s roster is better than last year’s, I’ve got a business deal for some dirt in Arizona for you.
So assuming the secondary and RB room you think we’re worse? Or am I missing something else

But does RG get to make that call? I guess if they get a new AD, that would make sense. I just don’t know if RG does that deal.
How bad does Uncle Phil want to continue rubbing shoulders w the academic elite that are moving to the B1G? What are they willing to do to at least try to make a case for competitive football? Wild card is Saliman. He’s a football fan. Does he force some action as President or does he just maintain status quo?

The overall talent level of the team is worse. Are you saying that it’s better? Because I’m not seeing it.
I’ve addressed this already, but relative to 2021, we are worse at CB and RB, IMO. I think we are better as a front seven, better on the OL, better at QB, same at WR, same or better at TE, same at Safety.

Blanket statements about overall team talent are worthless.

How bad does Uncle Phil want to continue rubbing shoulders w the academic elite that are moving to the B1G? What are they willing to do to at least try to make a case for competitive football? Wild card is Saliman. He’s a football fan. Does he force some action as President or does he just maintain status quo?
If they fire RG and hire a real AD, then I will start to believe that they’re serious about athletics.

The overall talent level of the team is worse. Are you saying that it’s better? Because I’m not seeing it.
Def not saying it’s better but I think the offense has the potential to put up a lot more points this year but we’ll see. I like our front 7 on D and I also Love no more Rod and Chev who were a discrace. CU Rivals site interviewed Roddick today after practice and some of the things he spoke on his coach last year is astoundingly cringe

I’ve addressed this already, but relative to 2021, we are worse at CB and RB, IMO. I think we are better as a front seven, better on the OL, better at QB, same at WR, same or better at TE, same at Safety.

Blanket statements about overall team talent are worthless.
I think we’ll have to disagree about WR, OL, and Safety.

As a team, we are not better. There’s hardly any top end talent.

Def not saying it’s better but I think the offense has the potential to put up a lot more points this year but we’ll see
I have a bet against the offense being better than last yeat already. How much is “a lot” when you’re talking more points?

I think we’ll have to disagree about WR, OL, and Safety.

As a team, we are not better. There’s hardly any top end talent.
I don’t see how OL can even be in question. We are returning 3/5 starters and added Tommy Brown. We lost Purcell, who was an OK player, but hardly a difference maker.

I feel like you’re confusing being better than last year with being good enough to win the Pac 12

I don’t see how OL can even be in question. We are returning 3/5 starters and added Tommy Brown. We lost Purcell, who was an OK player, but hardly a difference maker.

I feel like you’re confusing being better than last year with being good enough to win the Pac 12
Experience doesn’t mean better.

Experience doesn’t mean better.
I think there’s an argument to be made that in most situations, experience does, in fact, help a football player get better. In some cases we see true regression, but that’s rare. Regardless, Manhattan asserted that the OL is less talented than last year. What logical argument is there that makes that true, especially when we added a guy like Brown who played in games and made a start for Alabama?

Last edited:
Ummm I think there’s an argument to be made that in most situations, experience does, in fact, help a football. In some cases we see true regression, but that’s rare. Regardless, Manhattan asserted that the OL is less talented than last year. What logical argument is there that makes that true, especially when we added a guy like Brown who played in games and made a start for Alabama?
We also lost Kutsch, who somehow had a great year despite the coaching, scheme, playcalling and unit he was a part of. Brown might be a good replacement, but I can't call it an upgrade until I see it.

Now youre just putting words into my mouth. The OL was horrible last year. Returning starters isn’t a positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back