What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official D coordinator search thread (DJ Eliot hired?)

So wait Nick Saban hired Lupoi which says a lot imo but CU shouldn't touch him? In terms of recruiting he is by far the best choice. Not even close. The big question becomes can he run a defense and at this point nobody knows the answer. What we do know is he has worked under some defensive coaches like Jeremy Pruitt, Kirby Smart, Nick Saban and Justin Wilcox among others. Being in those meeting rooms everyday with the likes of those coaches I'm sure he picked up on a lot. He has experience coaching both d-line and LB's and has been involved with top notch defenses for majority of his coaching career. I guess my point is he's more risky then a Peter Sirmon but again I go back to the fact that Nick Saban entrusted him with recruiting and if that isn't a ringing endorsement I don't know what is. He's very familiar with the 3-4 and the PAC 12 footprint. As of right now CU has 1 young dynamic recruiter in Chev. Adding Lupoi to the mix even if it's only for a couple seasons until he becomes a HC or Oregon doubles his salary would be huge for getting a couple top 10 classes in here. On the other hand with Sirmon it isn't like he is bringing in a bunch of experience in running top defenses. He has been a DC for 1 year and Miss st was 110th in total defense. CU finished 19th. Also comparing who the better recruiter is it's not even close. My vote is for Lupoi. http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2015/3/1/8127395/getting-to-know-tosh-lupoi There is a link that has some good info on him.

After a quick online stalking, looks like Sirmon has a 5 star QB son committed to the Huskies. Tell him to come to Boulder with pops and I'm in.

So wait Nick Saban hired Lupoi which says a lot imo but CU shouldn't touch him? In terms of recruiting he is by far the best choice. Not even close. The big question becomes can he run a defense and at this point nobody knows the answer. What we do know is he has worked under some defensive coaches like Jeremy Pruitt, Kirby Smart, Nick Saban and Justin Wilcox among others. Being in those meeting rooms everyday with the likes of those coaches I'm sure he picked up on a lot. He has experience coaching both d-line and LB's and has been involved with top notch defenses for majority of his coaching career. I guess my point is he's more risky then a Peter Sirmon but again I go back to the fact that Nick Saban entrusted him with recruiting and if that isn't a ringing endorsement I don't know what is. He's very familiar with the 3-4 and the PAC 12 footprint. As of right now CU has 1 young dynamic recruiter in Chev. Adding Lupoi to the mix even if it's only for a couple seasons until he becomes a HC or Oregon doubles his salary would be huge for getting a couple top 10 classes in here. On the other hand with Sirmon it isn't like he is bringing in a bunch of experience in running top defenses. He has been a DC for 1 year and Miss st was 110th in total defense. CU finished 19th. Also comparing who the better recruiter is it's not even close. My vote is for Lupoi. http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2015/3/1/8127395/getting-to-know-tosh-lupoi There is a link that has some good info on him.

He was in meeting rooms with THE Jeremy Pruitt AND Kirby Smart? Holy ****!

Back