What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official D coordinator search thread (DJ Eliot hired?)

It's not a huge plummet from 37 to 73 (because very little tends to differentiate the middle 25% of teams), but it's still not a good sign.

yeah. and a base defense change without the personnel to go with it could explain that drop, but it's not exactly the same situation Leavitt walked into here following the likes of Greg Brown and Kent Baer battling each other for 120th every year.

I really am still hopeful about Sirmon, it's just a bit of a surprise that Mac (if this is the guy) went the recruiter over coaching route. Maybe nik is right with his 3 point plan theory.

yeah. and a base defense change without the personnel to go with it could explain that drop, but it's not exactly the same situation Leavitt walked into here following the likes of Greg Brown and Kent Baer battling each other for 120th every year.

I really am still hopeful about Sirmon, it's just a bit of a surprise that Mac (if this is the guy) went the recruiter over coaching route. Maybe nik is right with his 3 point plan theory.
Again, not trying to pump up Baer, but Leavitt was playing guys with 8 seniors who were mostly 3-4 year starters. Baer was playing those same guys as underclassmen getting their first real time. The point being, it's not like Leavitt walked in and took over a defense that was destined to be 120th and he magically got them all the way to where they got. It was a combination of things, including good DC'ing.

Supposedly has a good feel as a playcaller, is a motivator and is a great recruiter. HCMM's got the defensive system he wanted installed after building the culture. Time to hire recruiters who have the other things as coaches with the way they approach the job which lends itself to HCMM mentoring them within his systems. It's the Parcells approach.

Again, not trying to pump up Baer, but Leavitt was playing guys with 8 seniors who were mostly 3-4 year starters. Baer was playing those same guys as underclassmen getting their first real time. The point being, it's not like Leavitt walked in and took over a defense that was destined to be 120th and he magically got them all the way to where they got. It was a combination of things, including good DC'ing.
Couldn't agree more. Think Leavitt is getting a little to much credit.

you really tire me out man. get to that top 10 coaches list

This just in Mississippi State doesnt have that good of players. You dont get to 5-7 and giving up those numbers if you have good players.

This just in Mississippi State doesnt have that good of players. You dont get to 5-7 and giving up those numbers if you have good players.

Probably was a miscalculation to have someone change the defensive scheme in 2016. Lacked talent and the one thing they had going for them is a lot of seniors taking spots vacated by much more talented guys. Experience was the one thing they had to leverage. I was looking at NFL.com for the prospects at each position and counted 9 seniors from MSU on defense entering the draft... with none expected to get picked.

Maybe Sirmon is dyslexic.
Can dyslexia cause you to invert letters?

I was going to say that might explain why he went to MSU in the first place, but then I remembered that he doesn't have any ties to Washington, so...

Can dyslexia cause you to invert letters?

I was going to say that might explain why he went to MSU in the first place, but then I remembered that he doesn't have any ties to Washington, so...
Maybe he thought the "MSU" was the one in East Lansing????

Mississippi State has had no continuity whatsoever on defensive. He's Mullen's 6th DC in 8 years and they'll be looking for their fourth DC in four years.

Is it possible they're waiting for tonight's game to end? Perhaps looking at someone on one of those teams?

Is it possible they're waiting for tonight's game to end? Perhaps looking at someone on one of those teams?

Possible. More likely it's just a matter of waiting until they get back from the AFCA coach convention.

Possible. More likely it's just a matter of waiting until they get back from the AFCA coach convention.
Yeah, just seems odd they'd wait on something like that if they already had someone. I guess that "big announcement" wasn't as imminent as it seemed.

Back