What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official D coordinator search thread (DJ Eliot hired?)

Is it possible they're waiting for tonight's game to end? Perhaps looking at someone on one of those teams?
I hope so. I like the Tosh Lupoi chatter. He made a mistake, if MMac hires him, I'm sure MMac will keep him on the straight and narrow at CU. Lupoi puts us in with the big boys recruiting.

Mississippi State has had no continuity whatsoever on defensive. He's Mullen's 6th DC in 8 years and they'll be looking for their fourth DC in four years.

Indeed they have had a problem keeping DC's for a while. Have you ever been to Starksville?
This is an article from Jan last year.

"Mullen’s first defensive coordinator, former North Carolina head coach Torbush, departed after one season to be defensive coordinator at Kansas, which won only five games over the next two seasons."

"In between Diaz (his first stint) and Collins, Chris Wilson coordinated the defense for two seasons. He left for Georgia accepting the position of defensive line coach."

"Geoff Collins left after the 2014 season. He coordinated the Bulldogs defense for two seasons before leaving for the same position for less money at Florida. An upset Mullen described Collins’ decision a lateral move."

https://www.google.com/search?q=mis....69i57j0l5.11002j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I appreciate all the input, I don't have a lot of time to research as much as I'd like.
I have to say though, I'm kind of surprised at the amount of ***hattery and trolling around here but then again maybe I'm not.

Who is speculating? Everything you've quoted or posted have been people asking questions.
"Concur. I believe that was the announcement. " --- That's not someone asking a question. Then I figured the next person would read the tweet I posted but the stop comment was out of line I guess.

Last edited:
The AD seems to like to have the bird in hand, in Boulder, before announcing, post food-cart-gate.

When they announced Leavitt and Tumpkin at the same time, Tumpkin had been on board awhile, having packed up and driven to Boulder. He also stated that he had never met Jim Leavitt. The part about this, that I think was largely over-looked, is that head coaches normally let their DC hire their position coaches. This was always done differently - Leavitt never hired anyone here.

"Concur. I believe that was the announcement. " --- That's not someone asking a question, that's blind speculation. Then I figured the next person would read what I said to end that speculation but I guess not.
Regardless, you are taking things too seriously. You bring a lot of value to this board, but you come off as holier than thou when others who don't Twitter stalk or pay for premium info ask questions or make comments that you think are dumb.

Regardless, you are taking things too seriously. You bring a lot of value to this board, but you come off as holier than thou when others who don't Twitter stalk or pay for premium info ask questions or make comments that you think are dumb.
Fair enough, I realize that's how I come across and it is never my intent and I certainly try to stop sounding like an ass. However if you think I'm a "whiny little faux insider" then you can block me because that's bull****. Anyways, this thread has been derailed enough.

Fair enough, I realize that's how I come across and it is never my intent and I certainly try to stop sounding like an ass. However if you think I'm a "whiny little faux insider" then you can block me because that's bull****. Anyways, this thread has been derailed enough.
I love you, man!

What's the latest on twitter follows? A MsU board said our whole staff followed Sirmon this AM

Every fan base bashes every coach on the way out unless they are a top 5 program that replaces them with great coaches. Hell fans here even started to bash Leavitt and Clark on the way out.

Back