What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Fall Camp Thread 2015

Went by practice yesterday and a few thoughts:

Team will attack us up front. We were not good up front last year and it's hard to see how we take a step forward losing our big guy Tupou who was by far our best player. Solis looks out of shape. Some new faces and another year here for Lopez makes us deeper for sure, but we are not going to be disruptive.

I don't see how we are better up front this year minus Tupou. I'm concerned. The DBs are the best group we have by far. The LB's should be ok if Gillam stays healthy.

There is no right or wrong it's opinion and I didn't say there wasn't validity in fact I think it's pretty easy to pick 5 stars but after that it's a crap shoot. Conversation over

You can say, "conversation over," but you're still ****ing wrong.

Went by practice yesterday and a few thoughts:

Team will attack us up front. We were not good up front last year and it's hard to see how we take a step forward losing our big guy Tupou who was by far our best player. Solis looks out of shape. Some new faces and another year here for Lopez makes us deeper for sure, but we are not going to be disruptive.

I don't see how we are better up front this year minus Tupou. I'm concerned. The DBs are the best group we have by far. The LB's should be ok if Gillam stays healthy.

Robbins has been a non-factor so far and the reports on Leo Jackson I have heard have been less than glowing. Depth is a huge concern IMO. Sounds like Falo is going to be hard to keep off the field, which is good to see. If Gillam can stay healthy, I think the LBs can go from major liability to adequate. But yeah, the front seven has to be a big concern until proven otherwise.

Interesting report, holic. Seen several others indicating Solis has actually had a very good camp. Hopefully you just caught him on a bad day.

Seems like in the 3-4 we'd be ok with Solis and Lopez there. In the 4-3 I'm not sure we have the numbers inside. Nobody comes close to Tupou and any report claiming Solis will is fantasy. He can be adequate but Tupou was disruptive. Solis will have to be spelled a lot as well.

Seems like in the 3-4 we'd be ok with Solis and Lopez there. In the 4-3 I'm not sure we have the numbers inside. Nobody comes close to Tupou and any report claiming Solis will is fantasy. He can be adequate but Tupou was disruptive. Solis will have to be spelled a lot as well.

Aren't we talking about Kafovalu pairing with Solis on the inside?

Robbins has been a non-factor so far and the reports on Leo Jackson I have heard have been less than glowing. Depth is a huge concern IMO. Sounds like Falo is going to be hard to keep off the field, which is good to see. If Gillam can stay healthy, I think the LBs can go from major liability to adequate. But yeah, the front seven has to be a big concern until proven otherwise.

Jackson has been a huge letdown IMO. Carrell is as advertised though. I love tupou but people forget he started off slowly last year and was a good player but never really hut his potential. I haven't seen Robbins on the field so who knows.

Jackson has been a huge letdown IMO. Carrell is as advertised though. I love tupou but people forget he started off slowly last year and was a good player but never really hut his potential. I haven't seen Robbins on the field so who knows.
Based on a couple early reports? Little early for that it seems.

What little I've heard about Carrell seems to be positive. He was an AA in JC, and I'm not sure if they have him playing as a true DT, but he should help offset the loss of Tupou.

I can't stand another year of a weak DL. If I see CSU running off tackle for 7 yards per carry again, I might lose all hope.

Anyone have an idea when the team heads to Hawaii? How many days before the game?

I can't stand another year of a weak DL. If I see CSU running off tackle for 7 yards per carry again, I might lose all hope.
+1. But I'll take it one step further. If we don't go 4-0 OOC, I'm not gonna be happy. I'm sick of low expectations. We've got juniors and seniors all over the field. This team better come out and play harder than their opponents in every game. I expect hard, physical play. I expect the Buffs to leave it all on the field.

Thanks z. I'm kind of surprised they're arriving only 2 days before the game. When we went to Hawaii it took a couple of days to acclimate. Kind of concerning to me. But then, 40 or 50 rooms at $250+ a night plus food, etc. gets pricey. (I wonder how many rooms they get?)

I agree, I've been concerned about that as well. However you also don't want them being there long enough to get caught up in the Hawaii thing and get in vacation mode.

Really touching story about Derek McCartney and his girlfriend, Kaylee McBeth in today's Post. Kaylee passed away because of an inoperable tumor on her heart. The story is a testament to love and faith.

I want to add one thing. Kaylee's mom, Jana, is a hero. I'll tell you, she has either four or five kids, not sure. But a few years ago, her husband just passed away without warning. he was a super good guy. she has kept her strength and faith through all of this. an amazing woman.

Last edited:
Back