What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread: COLORADO @ Nebraska --- 9/8 @ 1:30

I just rewatched the game, and this whole notion that NU dominated the game and just shot themselves in the foot is just off-base. They definitely dominated the 2Q, but the Buffs were absolutely the better team in the 2nd half.

Montez is really good and I like that he is stepping into his throws now. Wish he could make slightly quicker decisions, but he looks great. Shenault might be most physical receiver I've seen at CU in 20 years - i don't remember seeing someone who craves contact like that. The Oline was outmatched

Chev and Elliot did a good job adjusting in the second half and you won't see a better ball then the one Montez threw to Shenault for the winning TD.

The announcers pissed me off. I realize this was the Big10 network, but the attention that was given to Nebraska was obnoxious.

From that link:
5b946b0808430.image.jpg

Pass interference much?

You know, this wouldn't have pissed me off as much if the refs hadn't called that phantom hold on Wigley earlier in the game.

I don't know the first thing about O line technique.

For you guys keeping on eye on how these guys are grading out as O lineman, are you seeing the issues with the O line as technique due to coaching? Or talent disparity?

I tend to focus more on line play than most fans.

Kaiser and Tonz were working hard but are limited in athleticism. Looked like they were getting their feet tangled up a bit when the Nebraska DL would double move on them. They also had a problem dealing with quick moves.

It looked like in the first half Nebraska was running some blitzes and some games that we were having trouble handling, just not prepared for.

Second half we were much more effective. Looked like we had made some adjustments that helped.

Bigger thing I saw was Sherman has much more agile feet than Haigler. He is a better natural athlete and better able to move to good position. Moretti as well looks more athletic than Tonz. He still looked limited laterally which would explain why they have him at guard but when he played you could see the athletic ability come out. I still think that when/if Moretti gets his foot healthy again he will be a very good tackle for us.

Just to be clear, guys, it isn't Vegas Glance. It is Duece Vegas Glance that was run on Viska's winning TD catch.

A bit more detail on the thought process from Chiv via Wilner.

And if you haven't seen this yet:
My last question:
The inside fade is a fairly standard route, with teams typically using their own name to describe it.
Why do the Buffs call it the Vegas route?
“Because if you hit it,” Chiaverini said, “it’s big money.”

Like out off all the guys on the team, wasn’t Jacob an A+ human being at Bosco? Like newspaper article ****. Then again can anyone really spot any dirty players in our roster?

Back