What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread - Colorado vs TCU: Sko Buffs!!!

From CBS Sports about how CU should be ranked soon:

Take all the expectations, hype, buzz and intangible factors out of the equation, and this is still a result that is going to warrant placement on enough ballots for Colorado to be ranked after Week 1. Cu went on the road against a top-20 team as a three-touchdown underdog and pulled off a thrilling upset with an offensive performance that looks like it could be replicated against most of the teams on its schedule. The high-end talent on display -- with new arrivals Shedeur Sanders, Travis Hunter and Dylan Edwards -- is proof that Coach Prime's vision for Colorado football can be realized faster than most expected. The preseason win total suggested Colorado would not be a bowl team, and the Buffs did not receive a single top 25 vote in the preseason, but it would be a shock to see the AP voters not put Coach Prime's squad in the rankings on Tuesday.

Any idea why Mata wasn't kicking more in the game? Did he get hurt?
Box score says he took 1 XP and Feely took the other 5. Weird.

They should try to redshirt Mata if that's the situation. I believe he can play in 3 more and still RS, so hold him out in case Feely has to miss all or part of any games.

Box score says he took 1 XP and Feely took the other 5. Weird.

They should try to redshirt Mata if that's the situation. I believe he can play in 3 more and still RS, so hold him out in case Feely has to miss all or part of any games.
I know it, I looked at the boxscore before I posted because I thought Mata would do every XP. I'm pretty sure he did the first TD, then nothing.

so i saw an absolute **** ton of ass clowns and elderly get carried out. it was really ****ing hot for people who aren't used to it, for sure. but, a lot of the peeps carried out were tcu fans.

i guess it might have been a blessing of sorts that they only sold beer and topo chico. while our crowd might have struggled with the heat and humidity, their crowd cannot begin to match up to us on alcohol consumption. wait until this fan base visits us in Boulder at altitude. we may have to actually be mindful not to kill anyone by accident.
Agreed. Don’t cause anyone to go to the hospital. However, you just experienced false fall. The temps have been 110s and causing heat exhaustion for a long stretch while I’ve fought to keep my flowers alive. The heat will be right back. Those people know what the hot is about, and what to do. The beer, brisket, and football slog the brain into incapacity to preserve the self at the end of summer.

Bummer you saw FtW with dead grasses. It usually is lush and growing until almost Thanksgiving. We just had our butts handed to us byway of a drought and an unrelenting heat this summer.
I just learned the video of Snoop was real. I thought it was parody when I saw it yesterday. Holy sh*t. It's f*cking LEGENDARY.

Best commentary ever. Reminds me of me.
Just stopped in Amarillo to break up the return trip and first comment in the hotel parking lot was from a Sooner fan.
“Thank God for what y’all done in Texas last night.”

I watched from the North end zone beside the Jumbotron. Aside from the game which we all have memorized a few thoughts on the experience.
TCU fans almost universally were welcoming, good natured and fun n the back and forth of the second half. They were bummed by the finish but excited about future conference visits.
I was sober as a judge after many tailgating beers and bloodies before kickoff and was slamming a large water a quarter until they ran out. Glad nothing was hazy about that game.
Many JSU and Dylan Edward fans amongst the traditional CU fans. The fact the agreed it was hot made me feel better!
It was amazing and great to make new friends, but I can’t wait to unleash the A**hole for next week.
Only regret is that my #3 hadn’t shipped for the trip. Meeting Dylan’s family at the tailgate was a real highlight.
If anyone from CUBuffs/Fanduel is reading you need to offer an exclusive t-shirt to folks who ordered before the game. “I believed and have a receipt!”
Definitely worth getting TCU in a friendly way. The brisket can be fire!
May I take this opportunity to observe how much American Airlines sucks.
Facts. Still, they are a direct flight to Paris from Dallas, so a necessary evil. I do not jack with them domestically much anymore.
The best part is that your luggage is not baking, because it’s not on your flight!
Bwahahahaha!
How was the Amarillo Bucc-ee's?
Wait. Amarillo has a Bucc-ees? I thought they were renowned for terrible gas stations, and were proud to get two QTs this year.

This is weird and didn't notice it. I'm pretty sure he's next man up at OT, though.

Was watching the national ABC News broadcast last evening, and they had a feature item about CU's win and how amazing the turnaround from 1-11 to that game was. Talk about exposure!

These game threads are always interesting reads after the fact. One thing that never fails to amaze me is the lack of credit given to the other team.

Everything that goes poorly? We suck!!!

TCU has one of the best O.lines we'll play this year.

TCU has some of the most talent we'll see all year.

If we give up 30 to Nebraska, we should be very worried. TCU is going to score 40 on pretty much most of their opponents this year.

Top 10 PFF grades for the Buffs.

A few interesting results:
  • Dylan Edwards not amongst the Top 10. Must be due to his yards/carry average in the game
  • Travis Hunter not in the top 2 and not the top ranked defender
  • 3 OL included
  • 1 DL included

I don't know how to pull a picture from an article. But this is a classic photo - CP and Shedur walking off the field. Great father and son shot.

Dempsey, Polumbus and Chez discussing the Buffs on 92.5 this morning. Great insight.

giphy.gif

Thank you. Sitting on the tarmac,held hostage to the captain being slowly baked in the Texas sun. Only an hour or so to go before take off. Is there any place in America where you can be held hostage besides jail. If there is justice American Airlines will be limited to flying to Nebraska and North Dakota exclusively. I now yield back to the gentleman from Houston.
Is that American Airlines’ fault or the Texas airport you were at? Just asking questions.

Back