What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread - Colorado vs TCU: Sko Buffs!!!

One thing I forgot was that the Big12 loves their school gang-signs. Apparently even TCU has some weird frog hand signals. I remember this from Baylor and their stupid sic' em sign.

I forgot what it's like to be in a conference that supports football so much they're willing to go full cringe

Wait until you see KState's jackoff hand signal.

Wait until you see KState's jackoff hand signal.
one GIF

Tech would like a word

One thing I forgot was that the Big12 loves their school gang-signs. Apparently even TCU has some weird frog hand signals. I remember this from Baylor and their stupid sic' em sign.

I forgot what it's like to be in a conference that supports football so much they're willing to go full cringe
Not a Big 12 thing. Came from the SWC

1693928009912.png1693928061679.png
1693928073134-png.64266
1693928409870.png1693928419444.png1693928432312.png1693928453826.png

Attachments

• 1693928073134.png
    1693928073134.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 485
I remember looking at the NCAA's stat site after last season. CU was one of the worst in the nation at "Kickoff Return Defense" because it's based on average opponent starting field position and we always kicked it out of the end zone. Statistically, it's quite a bit better to sky the kickoff and land it at the 5.
All it takes it the one, but if you take out the long return, the TCU average starting position after KOs was the 25, and that includes the kick out of bounds starting at the 35... the KO coverage wasn't THAT bad in general, but again, all it takes is one to turn a game and if you can't beat the 25, you really should be taking the touchback.

TCU 18
TCU 25
TCU 29
TCU 35 (OOB)
TCU 21
CU 8
TCU 21

All it takes it the one, but if you take out the long return, the TCU average starting position after KOs was the 25, and that includes the kick out of bounds starting at the 35... the KO coverage wasn't THAT bad in general, but again, all it takes is one to turn a game and if you can't beat the 25, you really should be taking the touchback.

TCU 18
TCU 25
TCU 29
TCU 35 (OOB)
TCU 21
CU 8
TCU 21

I don't think just taking the touchback is how Prime rolls.

TCU 18
TCU 25
TCU 29
TCU 35 (OOB)
TCU 21
CU 8
TCU 21
Agreed. An entire game can change on a big return. The reward of ~5 yards of field position isn't worth the risk.

Last edited:
Any word on the ratings/viewership for the game?
Sportsmediawatch.com usually posts Tuesdays, but it will be Wednesday this week due to the holiday. They predicted 3.6M viewers, but I'm not sure how that will pan out.

They were pretty close on their predictions for FSU/LSU (They predicted 9.3M, it got 10.3). They predicted 4.1M for WVU/Pitt; it got 3.7.

Just wanted to throw a shoutout to Rodrick Ward for his Special Teams play, and his speed is legit, Neely had a video about how fast he was, and he was the only one that can almost run with Edwards. Would be nice to see us get up on people and get more guys playing time, especially with Ward being a Grad Transfer

On the now immortalized Bishop Thomas play, I have to ask wtf #3 for TCU was doing. It looks like he has a chance to take on Wilkerson in the hole and just.... doesn't. It's like he wanted no part of Savion.

ETA - holy ****, I just remembered #3 was Perry! LOL. CU football past/present in a nutshell?

On the now immortalized Bishop Thomas play, I have to ask wtf #3 for TCU was doing. It looks like he has a chance to take on Wilkerson in the hole and just.... doesn't. It's like he wanted no part of Savion.

ETA - holy ****, I just remembered #3 was Perry! LOL. CU football past/present in a nutshell?
When you watch the Bishop block all the way from start to finish, you notice that he even gives him a little knee/thigh whack to boot, it was WWE punishment to the fullest, and I really like what Bishop brings to the game, just a nasty powerful package.

Back