What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread - Colorado vs TCU: Sko Buffs!!!

I can’t recall what or who started it, but some poster a few years back used mind-bottling rather than mind-boggling to describe something. I guess I’ve finally been around long enough to have been apart of a classic AB inside joke that isn’t remembered
It’s a Michael Scott-ism

It's soooo good to be back....I hit the dog that bit me Sat. again Sun.for the re-watch haven't done that since 01.
LOL the best part...TCU had standing room only recruits for the game...money says 1/2 of them were there to see the Buffs....Dykes can honk on Bobo's nose he really picked the wrong game to invite so many.
I fish bass tournaments here in TX. and the ultimate is a sandbag, to execute you KNOW you have a big bag, your bag isn't clear and you stand at the end of the weigh line....nothing like seeing their faces when you kick their ass.
TCU got sandbagged..it's glorious.
….soooo, still drunk??

I can’t recall what or who started it, but some poster a few years back used mind-bottling rather than mind-boggling to describe something. I guess I’ve finally been around long enough to have been apart of a classic AB inside joke that isn’t remembered

giphy.gif

They are legit. Wiley isn't the smoothest route runner but his hands and strength at the point of attack is legit. He's a draft pick for sure.
Reminds me of UW's Mark Bruener who was a very good TE for the Steelers for about a decade.

I really want to hear the logic behind not kicking it out. It nearly cost us at the end if it weren't for the offense scoring the go ahead and the d finally getting one stop
I remember looking at the NCAA's stat site after last season. CU was one of the worst in the nation at "Kickoff Return Defense" because it's based on average opponent starting field position and we always kicked it out of the end zone. Statistically, it's quite a bit better to sky the kickoff and land it at the 5.

What kind of lame-ass trust funder ends up at TC f*ckin U in Fort f*ckin Worth, Texas?
I…well, I don’t know? I let my emotions get me that time. Wearing a jersey should have been the telling sign that this kid isn’t set up for life after gaining the college experience.

I remember looking at the NCAA's stat site after last season. CU was one of the worst in the nation at "Kickoff Return Defense" because it's based on average opponent starting field position and we always kicked it out of the end zone. Statistically, it's quite a bit better to sky the kickoff and land it at the 5.
Well, that and the fact that we scored so rarely that it only took a few big returns to make our average look really bad.

Teams that have substandard athletes who don't want to tackle tend to do poorly on kick coverage.

Except for the fair catch rule

Not sure I'm following. Are you saying that average starting field position is worse than the 25 yard line? And / or maybe you lose the risk of a turnover?

Not sure I'm following. Are you saying that average starting field position is worse than the 25 yard line? And / or maybe you lose the risk of a turnover?
That's what I'm saying. Like the opening kickoff against TCU. Executed correctly and they started at the 15. Do it right and they will end up short of the 25. Then there are the penalties on the return team.

That's what I'm saying. Like the opening kickoff against TCU. Executed correctly and they started at the 15. Do it right and they will end up short of the 25. Then there are the penalties on the return team.
I agree with the strategy as long as you have a coverage team that isn’t going to give up the big return or a kicker who is going to kick off out of bounds. That unit wasn’t very good the other day

Why?

With the current sample size of our season, let’s just do touchbacks.

Our offense is our advantage, let’s make the opposing team earn their points outside of special teams.
Counterpoint: we have a ton of speed now and our coverage team can get there.

I go back and forth on this. On the one hand, the math is the math and if we're kicking off 6+ times a game this should add up to 30-40 yards of field position with opportunities to force turnovers. On the other hand, the risk of a big return by the opponent gives me a damn heart attack.

Counterpoint: we have a ton of speed now and our coverage team can get there.

I go back and forth on this. On the one hand, the math is the math and if we're kicking off 6+ times a game this should add up to 30-40 yards of field position with opportunities to force turnovers. On the other hand, the risk of a big return by the opponent gives me a damn heart attack.
I just need to see special teams have an error free day. No blocked FGs, no big returns, no shanked punts. Not everything has to be elite, but you can't lose all momentum by giving up deflating plays on special teams.

THAT is how you run goal-line O. It wasn’t even close to not getting in.

I know HCPrime remembers the Fridge on short yardage/goal-line with the Bears in the 80’s!
At some point this year the Buffs will be in that situation and in that formation again and Shadeur will fake it to the back who follows Thomas and Shadeur will simply walk it in off tackle.

One thing I forgot was that the Big12 loves their school gang-signs. Apparently even TCU has some weird frog hand signals. I remember this from Baylor and their stupid sic' em sign.

I forgot what it's like to be in a conference that supports football so much they're willing to go full cringe

One thing I forgot was that the Big12 loves their school gang-signs. Apparently even TCU has some weird frog hand signals. I remember this from Baylor and their stupid sic' em sign.

I forgot what it's like to be in a conference that supports football so much they're willing to go full cringe
Have you seen what Philly is wearing this coming weekend?

Back