What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread - Colorado vs TCU: Sko Buffs!!!

Crazy how many Tunginbil(sp?)- like analysis there was before this game, even on the radio as we were driving to Ft Worth some dummy was talking about CU was 1-11 last year and had no chance in this game. Might as well tell me what the 1922 CU record was because it's just about as relevant.

Shout out to the Buffs bash tailgate and CU section, great group of fans and we represented well. Walking out of that stadium as victors felt so satisfying, high fived every Buff fan I saw

Counterpoint: we have a ton of speed now and our coverage team can get there.

I go back and forth on this. On the one hand, the math is the math and if we're kicking off 6+ times a game this should add up to 30-40 yards of field position with opportunities to force turnovers. On the other hand, the risk of a big return by the opponent gives me a damn heart attack.
Are we assuming the other team never fair catches it?

Not a Big 12 thing. Came from the SWC

1693928073134-png.64266
The SHOCKER

Counterpoint: we have a ton of speed now and our coverage team can get there.

I go back and forth on this. On the one hand, the math is the math and if we're kicking off 6+ times a game this should add up to 30-40 yards of field position with opportunities to force turnovers. On the other hand, the risk of a big return by the opponent gives me a damn heart attack.
I agree. It is an interesting idea in applying the stats, if they suggest that overall field position is worse for returns overall. I appreciate the idea of working every angle and I love the aggregation of marginal gains approach.

But, I agree and would still go with the 0% chance of a big return or TD if you kick it out of the endzone every time.

I think this also gets answered in looking at Prime's commitment to going for it on fourth and short consistently. He is not risk-adverse, at all, and I have to respect that.

Any word on the ratings/viewership for the game?

Sportsmediawatch.com usually posts Tuesdays, but it will be Wednesday this week due to the holiday. They predicted 3.6M viewers, but I'm not sure how that will pan out.

They were pretty close on their predictions for FSU/LSU (They predicted 9.3M, it got 10.3). They predicted 4.1M for WVU/Pitt; it got 3.7.

HOLY ****ING ****

Sportsmediawatch was WAY off on thier prediction.

TCU/CU garnered a 3.8 rating and 7.26 M viewers:

1694012661491.png

For context, only 8 regular season games from all of the 2022 season drew more viewers. Only 3 did so from the 12:00 slot: OSU/Michiga, OSU/Penn State, and Alabama/Texas.

Those are the type of numbers that will get us a B1G or SEC invite next time around if we're doing it consistently.

I can see the Oregon game exceeding these ratings depending if both teams are 3-0 and the broadcast slot/network it is on.

SIAP

Johnny Hodges is a guy I'd want on my team. Unless the problem is coaching, they'll get this defense fixed. Too much talent to be performing like this & they clearly have player leadership.

Back