What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread: CU at BYU (8pm MT, ESPN2)

Fortune has no confidence in his shot and is a turnover machine. Tad needs to restrict his minutes.

Would like to see more of Brown.

Fouls took White out of the game. He got his fourth with over 14:00 to go. Can't let that happen.
If I remember correctly, it was actually worse than that. I think he got his 4th with over 17 minutes left.

I'd put fortune on a short leash. Soon as he hits 2 turnovers he plays no more for that game. Let Brown and Peters take his minutes.

See if that gets through to him.

I'll amend my statement on Fortune, 2 of take your pick: turnovers, horrible fouls, head down drives 1 on 3, stuffs by the rim, low IQ plays, etc.

I know the loss isn't on him but I'd rather get Brown and Peters ready for conference play. Josh has had his chances let the freshmen learn from some mistakes.

Tough loss that could hurt come tourney time. That said, it was deserved.

Don't think this team has to worry about tourney time.

I thought this team would be better, considering the experience returning and you add white's play so far, it should be better. Gordon and fortune have not played well and would like to see Brown and Peters get a few more minutes.

If I remember correctly, it was actually worse than that. I think he got his 4th with over 17 minutes left.
He has shown a propensity to get into foul trouble. Since he, XJ and GK are our only consistent scorers, he needs to stay in games and not on the bench.

This loss shouldn't hurt much. Now the CSU loss, yeah that could be bad.

If they tank in MWC play. This team is in pretty good shape IMO right now. Had a feeling this one would be tough-that's one of the tougher places to win west of the Rockies. Got very good wins over Xavier and Texas, but still need to win 12-13 conference games. Thats doable given UO and UCLA once, and UCLA at home

If they tank in MWC play. This team is in pretty good shape IMO right now. Had a feeling this one would be tough-that's one of the tougher places to win west of the Rockies. Got very good wins over Xavier and Texas, but still need to win 12-13 conference games. Thats doable given UO and UCLA once, and UCLA at home

Actually I didn't look at the RPI #'s before I posted. We're in the low 100's and both BYU and CSU are below us. Not good.

I don't want to hear another word about small crowds at the CEC this year. Not. Another. Word.

I don't want to hear another word about small crowds at the CEC this year. Not. Another. Word.

Why?

Folks acting like the team is 3-7 instead of 7-3.

Wins over Texas and Xavier this year. Expect they'll be 10-3 entering conference play.

The negativity from fans is total bull****.

Why?

Wins over Texas and Xavier this year. Expect they'll be 10-3 entering conference play.

You don't **** the bed against CSU and BYU and expect people to be excited about going to a game. This is a senior laden team that shouldn't be having these issues.

You don't **** the bed against CSU and BYU and expect people to be excited about going to a game. This is a senior laden team that shouldn't be having these issues.
Or, people could just show up to watch basketball. The csu affair aside, team's been fun to watch. And didn't **** the bed against byu really, byu was favored, and is a tough road game. Certainly can't ever deflect the "fair weather fan" narrative if 2 losses makes you give up for the season.
Tl;dr - can and will continue to bitch about attendance. Come out and cheer them on

Our fans don't deserve Tad.

Looks like another year when everyone whines as they win 20+ games and go to the Dance but just don't meet the expectations of a fan base that has no reason to feel entitled.

Why?

Yes. I haven't posted for a while, got tired of the wide fluctuations in posts depending on the latest result. Beat TX, we're winning the conference. Lose to CSU, we're not making the NIT. Beat Xavier, we're back to dominating the PAC12. Lose to BYU, we're on the edge of oblivian.

It's a season, there will be ups and downs. Looking like a decent team, not sure how it will wind up, but I'm very sure we will neither win nor lose all remaining games. Maybe there should be a separate "Debbie downer" thread and a separate "over-the-top" thread for irrational posts.

The whine and cheese crowd will never be happy. Their arguments are irrational at best. Propensity to foul hasn't fouled out yet. White style leads to fouls. Blocking shots playing defense and driving to basket.

Like mentioned early need to win 14-15 games. That puts at 21-22 which is team ref season record. Also means conference record is solid.
Let it play out.

Our fans don't deserve Tad.

Looks like another year when everyone whines as they win 20+ games and go to the Dance but just don't meet the expectations of a fan base that has no reason to feel entitled.

I'll be a $20 donation to CU Athletics that this team doesn't make the tournament. The first stretch of conference play is rough and I don't think this team can bounce back from adversity. Not to mention the lack of a big man will be the end of us whenever we play one.

You have to give people a reason to want to go. When people see stuff like what happened last night, they rapidly come to the conclusion that they have better things to do.

If you're a huge basketball fan, it won't matter. Most people are not huge basketball fans.

I cringe every time Thomas A crosses half-court with the ball, and turns on the jets. Last night he was pretty under control and played well, while White was out

I'll be a $20 donation to CU Athletics that this team doesn't make the tournament. The first stretch of conference play is rough and I don't think this team can bounce back from adversity. Not to mention the lack of a big man will be the end of us whenever we play one.

Buffs will lose games. Even some early but stretch is st home with home rims. 15-6 rest of the way. That's the goal. Team believe in each other.

Wins over Texas and Xavier this year.
The Texas win is not as great as it once was. They're not ranked 22 anymore. RPI 125 or so, and falling fast.

Going to the dance is not confirmed by a long shot. They could well go to the dance and win 20+ games. They could win 20+ games and not go to the dance. They could do neither.

The Texas win is not as great as it once was. They're not ranked 22 anymore. RPI 125 or so, and falling fast.

Going to the dance is not confirmed by a long shot. They could well go to the dance and win 20+ games. They could win 20+ games and not go to the dance. They could do neither.

Got a nice win against Long Beach State and will be Top 50 by the end of the season when the Committee evaluates CU's resume. Bank it.

Actually I didn't look at the RPI #'s before I posted. We're in the low 100's and both BYU and CSU are below us. Not good.

RPI doesn't matter right now. Middle Tennessee, UNC Wilmington, and UT Arlington all have top 25 RPIs at the moment.

This next point is for this entire board-RELAX. We're fine. We should be 10-3 (forgot about the Fort Hays game) going into league play, and we've got a couple really good wins already-which was something we didn't have last year. Was the CSU loss concerning? Yes, but it may not hurt. There is no harm in losing to Notre Dame on a neutral floor or BYU in Provo. Enough with the sky is falling posts.

Last edited:
Conference play team could win between 10 and 15 games. That would include winning games late in the year. Really need 12 or more conference wins which includes 6 more losses. 22 wins with several wins being quality.

Back