What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread: CU at BYU (8pm MT, ESPN2)

RPI doesn't matter right now. Middle Tennessee, UNC Wilmington, and UT Arlington all have top 25 RPIs at the moment.

This next point is for this entire board-RELAX. We're fine. We should be 10-3 (forgot about the Fort Hays game) going into league play, and we've got a couple really good wins already-which was something we didn't have last year. Was the CSU loss concerning? Yes, but it may not hurt. There is no harm in losing to Notre Dame on a neutral floor or BYU in Provo. Enough with the sky is falling posts.

You're right the sky isn't falling, but CSU is the kind of loss that can come back to bite in March. Whether for a dance bid or getting a lower seed. We had better hope both CSU and BYU find their way in the top 100 in the next 3 months.

You have to give people a reason to want to go. When people see stuff like what happened last night, they rapidly come to the conclusion that they have better things to do.

If you're a huge basketball fan, it won't matter. I'm not a huge basketball fan.

FIFY

Last edited:
True. I never try to hide that. But here's the thing, the difference between 7,500 people and 11,000 people in the stands at the CEC are people just like me.

That and the zero degree weather during the same game at 7pm on a Weds night. Even if they beat CSU attendance is likely similar.

Haha this conversation is incredible, the CSU loss obviously makes all quantitative and qualitative arguments worse.

I love Tad, I love defense and rebounding, but what I don't love is the lack of a killer instinct. We had BYU on the ropes in the second half and instead of instilling our will, we opened the door for them.

This team is led by the nastiest scoring trio we've had under Tad – White, XJ, and GMFK are dangerous matchups. With a supporting cast of Wes (best man-to-man post defender in the west), Fortune (he's a good shooter, just having a rough start to the year), Dom (injuries suck but it won't ruin his stroke), Peters-Brown-Siewart (solid frosh trio), and Tory (nice offensive x-factor and energy)....we should be OK. As long as we want it.

True. I never try to hide that. But here's the thing, the difference between 7,500 people and 11,000 people in the stands at the CEC are people just like me.
Sort of like how the difference between losing for 10 years and a Top 10 ranking is the difference between 35k in the stands for a CU football game and 50k in the stands?

Hard to argue with that position.

Haha this conversation is incredible, the CSU loss obviously makes all quantitative and qualitative arguments worse.

I love Tad, I love defense and rebounding, but what I don't love is the lack of a killer instinct. We had BYU on the ropes in the second half and instead of instilling our will, we opened the door for them.

This team is led by the nastiest scoring trio we've had under Tad – White, XJ, and GMFK are dangerous matchups. With a supporting cast of Wes (best man-to-man post defender in the west), Fortune (he's a good shooter, just having a rough start to the year), Dom (injuries suck but it won't ruin his stroke), Peters-Brown-Siewart (solid frosh trio), and Tory (nice offensive x-factor and energy)....we should be OK. As long as we want it.

Love the positivity, but the truth of it is some of what you state is not entirely based in reality. Wes has yet to step up fully, Fortune is a train wreck this season, Dom never had what you'd call a pure stroke, Peters-Brown-Siewart are definitely experiencing a tough learning curve and Tory is hurt. I'll be extremely happy if we can somehow sneak out 10-8 in conference.

Love the positivity, but the truth of it is some of what you state is not entirely based in reality. Wes has yet to step up fully, Fortune is a train wreck this season, Dom never had what you'd call a pure stroke, Peters-Brown-Siewart are definitely experiencing a tough learning curve and Tory is hurt. I'll be extremely happy if we can somehow sneak out 10-8 in conference.

As much as I'd love Gordon to have a great post game, it just isn't what he is. He's a great defender which I love, but he's never gonna be that low post threat on a nightly basis. With that said, our team depends on slashing and three point shooting. When the three ball doesn't fall, our offense is going to look worse than what it is.

I agree, I'll be happy with 10-8 as well. We will be up and down because we can't score on a consistent basis. We'll lose a couple we're supposed to win and vice versa due to the nature of our scoring.

I think this team is learning to lean on White and XJ for offense and Wes for defense. I think it's good these leaders have emerged, but we need folks like Fortune and King to really dial in and hit open jumpers. If Fortune isn't hitting the three he really has no reason to play, and he probably shouldn't be starting. I would actually like to see Brown in the starting lineup (I know, swapping a SR for a FR, absurd). Akyazili really stepped up off the bench and we need a few more members on the team to follow suit. In the end I think we're a bubble team that will need two wins in the Pac-12 Tourney to get into the dance.

CU, IMO, has much better talent than BYU. If you accept that as being true, why, then, did we lose? BYU lost, at home, to some school called Utah Valley for gawd's sake!

Their slumping shooters made their 3s. Live by the 3 was in full effect.
Also talent on bench with fouls and inadvertently thrown elbow.
Most importantly the focus for BYU was much higher than UVU.

Another fact is CU is 0-2 in games with 55+ total fouls called.

Their slumping shooters made their 3s. Live by the 3 was in full effect.
Also talent on bench with fouls and inadvertently thrown elbow.
Most importantly the focus for BYU was much higher than UVU.

Another fact is CU is 0-2 in games with 55+ total fouls called.
Yeah. I failed to account for DW sitting half the game. I did not pay much attention to the fouls. I assume they were legit but I've always thought good refs tried to avoid influencing the outcome of games.

Yeah. I failed to account for DW sitting half the game. I did not pay much attention to the fouls. I assume they were legit but I've always thought good refs tried to avoid influencing the outcome of games.
You assume too much

Also, PAC-12 refs (not these) actually enjoy influencing the outcome. I think they get a bonus

You assume too much

Also, PAC-12 refs (not these) actually enjoy influencing the outcome. I think they get a bonus

Pac-12 refs are generally the same people as WCC refs. Most refs work for multiple conferences. So... ****ty.

Back