What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official "I'm off the bandwagon" thread

I could see Sparkles going to UCF when O'Leary kicks the can. UCF has a 5000% better chance of getting invited to a BCS conference over CSU

CSU already is a good school, it would have to be SEC Elite level for him to leave.

Sorry for the confusion. By "good school", he meant a general category of schools that have at least an 80 yard practice field. Again, apologies.

Decent P5 job offering and McElwain is gone, he's in a position not to jump at a job that is a no-hoper for the sake of career advancement, but he's gone if the right gig comes open.

Much like our concern over Boyle though, the blue bloods (or those like Nebraska that think it) aren't coming for McElwain just yet.

CSU already is a good school, it would have to be SEC Elite level for him to leave.

Tennessee isn't an elite but rumors have Jones connected to Michigan. South Carolina isn't elite but Spurrier is up in age and could retire at any time.

Sonny Dykes is on an ever shorter leash at Cal, Rutgers and Purdue want to win more than they are. A number of ACC schools aren't pleased with current standings.

Then you add that Michigan and Florida are likely to hire somebody who is already winning in a P5 program creating those opening.

McElwain isn't staying in Ft. Collins in favor of any of those options.

Sonny Dykes is on an ever shorter leash at Cal

No He isn't.

He had a bad season last year and was considered a questionable hire, but has since stormed out of the gate this year, quieted all of his team chemistry issues and has Cal playing exciting ball, he could lose every game for the rest of the year and not face a hot seat for next year.

huh?

Dykes stormed out of the gate this year, quieted all of his team chemistry issues and has Cal playing exciting ball, he could lose every game for the rest of the year and not face a hot seat for next year.

You are right in that after last year he has done surprisingly well. Very rare that a coach loses a team and ever gets it back and it looks like Dykes has done just that.

At the same time I'm not sure that he has turned the corner entirely. After last year if he loses it again I could see him being out the door. Not saying it's going to happen but they have lost 2 in a row and now face Oregon, a well coached Oregon State team on the road and SC on the road followed by Stanford.

After what happened last year it could very well turn ugly again.

You are right in that after last year he has done surprisingly well. Very rare that a coach loses a team and ever gets it back and it looks like Dykes has done just that.

At the same time I'm not sure that he has turned the corner entirely. After last year if he loses it again I could see him being out the door. Not saying it's going to happen but they have lost 2 in a row and now face Oregon, a well coached Oregon State team on the road and SC on the road followed by Stanford.

After what happened last year it could very well turn ugly again.

It could also not.

Dykes is in the clear and add to that Cal is in less than NO position to go buying out anyone right now, especially not Dykes and McElwain at the same time.

Speaking of "off the bandwagon," I was listening to Irv today on the way back from lunch. He gets a lot of old codgers who call in. Even older than me. An old codger asked Irv what he thought of Mac. Irv said, "Well, I haven't seen any improvement. They are not improving." Then it happened. The old codger asked Irv if he's seen the Cherry Creek vs "Valory" Christian. He said, "That Dave Logan is a helluva coach, don't ya think, Irv? So, if McIntyre doesn't get it done, do you think they'd consider hiring Dave Logan?" :sad2:

Speaking of "off the bandwagon," I was listening to Irv today on the way back from lunch. He gets a lot of old codgers who call in. Even older than me. An old codger asked Irv what he thought of Mac. Irv said, "Well, I haven't seen any improvement. They are not improving." Then it happened. The old codger asked Irv if he's seen the Cherry Creek vs "Valory" Christian. He said, "That Dave Logan is a helluva coach, don't ya think, Irv? So, if McIntyre doesn't get it done, do you think they'd consider hiring Dave Logan?" :sad2:
Back when the goats fired Sonny, I remember Irv had the CSU AD on (whoever it was at the time). Irv asked if they would consider Logan for their head coaching job. The guy said "are you serious?" :lol:

First: Older? Unpossible!

Second: Irv's kid, Greg Brown was part of that WB & CO horrible hot mess, as the DC who was using 70's defensive schemes to defend 2010 spread offenses (plus Irv is still PO'ed that Arnold Weber dropped basesball and his HC position at CU). Like the rest of the Denver media pack, Irv and Joe are in love with Sparkles up in Ft Fun.

Irv is so old he still fails to realize that my great grandpa died 20+ years ago.

"Hey 'Tini's grandpa, how's your dad doing?"

"Well Irv, he's been dead for over 20 years."

It's a fairly common event.

Irv may have an agenda due to his son, but one thing both Irv and Joe understand very well is talent and recruiting (particularly Joe).

Irv may have an agenda due to his son, but one thing both Irv and Joe understand very well is talent and recruiting (particularly Joe).
If you asked them to analyze a current commit I doubt the could name more than lynott

If you asked them to analyze a current commit I doubt the could name more than lynott

I'm sure your right about that. I just meant they harp on the fact they believe it is all about the talent first. They've also seen a lot more ups and downs at CU than most of us posting here.

Not a yes or no question for me. If Mac makes changes to the staff this off season and improves the recruiting as well as quality of coaching then no I am not off the bandwagon. If Mac fails to make any changes then I say can his arse and I am off the band wagon.

25 years ago this would be true. At this point I doubt either one could name 10 players on CU's roster much less talk coherently (well they can't do that anyways, let try factually) about specific recruits or needs.

But they can still sing "Sunrise, sunset" or whatever ads they are still doing. Do they still have Scott's Liquid Gold? Started in a garage on Garfield Street.

25 years ago this would be true. At this point I doubt either one could name 10 players on CU's roster much less talk coherently (well they can't do that anyways, let try factually) about specific recruits or needs.

But they can still sing "Sunrise, sunset" or whatever ads they are still doing. Do they still have Scott's Liquid Gold? Started in a garage on Garfield Street.
I like 'em because they talk college football. And they, especially Joe, know college football. But I've noticed that they have less and less interest in and knowledge of what is happening up in Boulder. I'm not sure if they've even interviewed Mac. Maybe they've just lost interest like most fair weather types of fans. "Call me when you're winning."

Yeah, realized that after posting. However, that also means we need 7 wins, not 6.
Sorry my response was pretty douchy. Next year won't be easy, but MacIntyre needs to get it done and earn his pay.

MM will fire himself just like hawkins. This was a bad hawaii team and cu had so many chances on offense and were a disaster. I don't see this team winning more than 2-3 games,. Someday the lising mentality will end, but none of us will be here to see it...allegedly

Back