What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Michigan State/Mel Tucker Hate Thread

What would be productive is to pay for a membership to Allbuffs. It's only 3 cents per month. You can choose an avatar that doesn't look like poop on a cake cone. Plus, when you're a member, the rest of the membership tends to agree with you, rather than thinking you're some kind of dumbass idiot.
It's $20 per year not 3 cents per month. Still very cheap. Please let us know where you're getting this world class discount.

Last edited:
Tugger not exactly helping his credibility in this situation.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mel-tucker-changed-story-misled-172226562.html

I know some here are expecting an eight figure buyout. I don't think so.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets the rest of this years money and gets to resign rather than be fired for cause with both sides having a non-disclosure.

This would allow him a chance to eventually rehabilitate his career in coaching. If he ends up with a fired for cause on his record related to a sexual offense in some states that makes him ineligible to work for a state school.

Can we just take a moment to think about how we would all act if we had an $85 million contract with a morality clause?

I would be the shiniest mother****er on the planet.

I'd part my hair on the side.
I would never be alone with anyone.
I'd call my wife "Mother".*
I'd drive 5 mph under the speed limit.
I'd avert my eyes if there was a bare ankle.
I'd wear sweater vests in 95 degree weather.
I'd reply to any beverage question with, "just water, please".

* chicks dig a dude with an $85 million contract

Last edited:
But you can’t talk to chicks.
He'd be trembling just thinking about what he would do once he had the $85 million.

And I would probably be a bad enough coach that I would get fired, with a full payout on the way, at least 2-3 years before the end of the contract so I wouldn't even have to wait that long.

I get one chick. Then I call her mother, she wears pioneer dresses, and we sleep in separate beds a la Ward and June Cleaver.
Would never call a woman “chick”

Would never drive a car until contract is over, would hire baby driver to take me everywhere

Can we just take a moment to think about how we would all act if we had an $85 million contract with a morality clause?

I would be the shiniest mother****er on the planet.

I'd part my hair on the side.
I would never be alone with anyone.
I'd call my wife "Mother".*
I'd drive 5 mph under the speed limit.
I'd avert my eyes if there was a bare ankle.
I'd wear sweater vests in 95 degree weather.
I'd reply to any beverage question with, "just water, please".

* chicks dig a dude with an $85 million contract
You’d turn into Mike Pence? That’s not worth 85M.

He'd be trembling just thinking about what he would do once he had the $85 million.

And I would probably be a bad enough coach that I would get fired, with a full payout on the way, at least 2-3 years before the end of the contract so I wouldn't even have to wait that long.
Karl Dorrell didn’t even wait that long…but he didn’t have 85 million on the table.

"Baby driver"?
Baby Driving GIF by Chelsea Method

Yeah let’s just bury the guy and pretend that false accusations never happen.

If Tucker is proven guilty in a court of law or pleads guilty then yeah…throw the ****ing book at him!!

Otherwise, I thought one of America’s greatest freedoms is that you’re innocent until proven guilty.

Or are we just doing things like banana republics and presuming people are guilty until they’re proven innocent?
Not in corporate America. MSU is doing the right thing.

Mel Tucker shouldnt ever coach again.

Tugger not exactly helping his credibility in this situation.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mel-tucker-changed-story-misled-172226562.html

I know some here are expecting an eight figure buyout. I don't think so.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets the rest of this years money and gets to resign rather than be fired for cause with both sides having a non-disclosure.

This would allow him a chance to eventually rehabilitate his career in coaching. If he ends up with a fired for cause on his record related to a sexual offense in some states that makes him ineligible to work for a state school.
His ceiling for the rest of his career is NFL position coach. I don't see how he gets another shot to run a college program.

Not in corporate America. MSU is doing the right thing.

Mel Tucker shouldnt ever coach again.
His ceiling for the rest of his career is NFL position coach. I don't see how he gets another shot to run a college program.
I agree with you completely that Tucker should never coach again. He doesn't belong on a college campus. If he doesn't reach an accord with MSU to resign and the firing for cause stands he will not be eligible for employment at public colleges in a significant number of states. I can't imagine many of the others wanting to deal with the PR nightmare that hiring him under those conditions would imply.

I know that many if not most of the lawyers on this site are running ways through their minds that he prevails in a court of law but the hole he has dug for himself is deep with steep sides. If he loses, and I believe there is a solid probability of that happening then he and his lawyers get nothing. That court verdict also becomes available for Ms. Tracy and any other woman who he might have acted inappropriately with to use against him. He is facing some very serious consequences if he doesn't settle and MSU and their lawyers know it.

Much of corporate America would blacklist him for what has come out already. Nobody wants to be sitting in a courtroom facing a plaintiffs attorney asking them "So you knew what he was accused of and what he admitted to prior to hiring and you hired him anyways, why did you think that was a good idea?"

There are corporations out there and schools out there however that just don't care. If he comes to an agreement to resign, sits out a year or two, then spends a year or two as a consultant for an NFL team what to you think the response would be if the Baylor Head Coach told his AD "I need Mel Tucker as my Defensive Coordinator, he's a good coach, a great recruiter, and he could be the difference in getting us to the playoff?"

As a head coach he is done but considering the marginal success he had overall at MSU he may have been done as a HC anyways.

I agree with you completely that Tucker should never coach again. He doesn't belong on a college campus. If he doesn't reach an accord with MSU to resign and the firing for cause stands he will not be eligible for employment at public colleges in a significant number of states. I can't imagine many of the others wanting to deal with the PR nightmare that hiring him under those conditions would imply.

I know that many if not most of the lawyers on this site are running ways through their minds that he prevails in a court of law but the hole he has dug for himself is deep with steep sides. If he loses, and I believe there is a solid probability of that happening then he and his lawyers get nothing. That court verdict also becomes available for Ms. Tracy and any other woman who he might have acted inappropriately with to use against him. He is facing some very serious consequences if he doesn't settle and MSU and their lawyers know it.

Much of corporate America would blacklist him for what has come out already. Nobody wants to be sitting in a courtroom facing a plaintiffs attorney asking them "So you knew what he was accused of and what he admitted to prior to hiring and you hired him anyways, why did you think that was a good idea?"

There are corporations out there and schools out there however that just don't care. If he comes to an agreement to resign, sits out a year or two, then spends a year or two as a consultant for an NFL team what to you think the response would be if the Baylor Head Coach told his AD "I need Mel Tucker as my Defensive Coordinator, he's a good coach, a great recruiter, and he could be the difference in getting us to the playoff?"

As a head coach he is done but considering the marginal success he had overall at MSU he may have been done as a HC anyways.
He wasn't that good here, either.

What he did was phone sex.
What he *thought* was that it was between two consenting adults.
Not a minor, not a student, no physical contact (as of yet)
He‘s being fired for embarrassing the university.
lt might not even rise to the level of a title ix violation (we’ll see)

So to say he’ll never ever ever ever be allowed to coach again seems a bit much. There is a decent chance He’s probably an analyst or assistant somewhere within a year or two.

What he did was phone sex.
What he *thought* was that it was between two consenting adults.
Not a minor, not a student, no physical contact (as of yet)
He‘s being fired for embarrassing the university.
lt might not even rise to the level of a title ix violation (we’ll see)

So to say he’ll never ever ever ever be allowed to coach again seems a bit much. There is a decent chance He’s probably an analyst or assistant somewhere within a year or two.
What he did was not in any way criminal.

What he did though was a sexual act with a person who he had financial influence over, he controlled her ongoing employment with the university.

Since the #Metoo movement and even before that there has been a big emphasis on these kinds of relationships. Many organizations prohibit them even if fully consensual because of the risk they carry for abuse.

In the world of educational institutions the label means a lot. If the process carries through to a conclusion that he is fired for cause then coaching at the college level again for him could be very doubtful.

I don't see it ever reaching that point. He has far too much to lose if it does and the university also has a lot to lose, they just want this thing and him to go away.

They will reach a settlement that allows him to resign, I just don't think he gets anywhere close to as much money out of it as many here think. The money he gets will immediately be compared to the money that each of the victims of Larry Nasser got.

As I stated the likely result of him resigning instead of being fired would be to sit out for a year or two then probably an NFL consulting job, move into a college consulting job, then back into the mix as a high level assistant.

At his age and with the mixed (at best) results he has had as a head coach his head coaching days may have been over after this job anyways but being a defensive coordinator for a top team in a major conference pays better than a lot of G5 head coaching jobs.

What he did was not in any way criminal.

What he did though was a sexual act with a person who he had financial influence over, he controlled her ongoing employment with the university.

Since the #Metoo movement and even before that there has been a big emphasis on these kinds of relationships. Many organizations prohibit them even if fully consensual because of the risk they carry for abuse.

In the world of educational institutions the label means a lot. If the process carries through to a conclusion that he is fired for cause then coaching at the college level again for him could be very doubtful.

I don't see it ever reaching that point. He has far too much to lose if it does and the university also has a lot to lose, they just want this thing and him to go away.

They will reach a settlement that allows him to resign, I just don't think he gets anywhere close to as much money out of it as many here think. The money he gets will immediately be compared to the money that each of the victims of Larry Nasser got.

As I stated the likely result of him resigning instead of being fired would be to sit out for a year or two then probably an NFL consulting job, move into a college consulting job, then back into the mix as a high level assistant.

At his age and with the mixed (at best) results he has had as a head coach his head coaching days may have been over after this job anyways but being a defensive coordinator for a top team in a major conference pays better than a lot of G5 head coaching jobs.

You are 100% right about the power dynamics of the relationship being very bad. And the MeToo. He’s too risky.

I think Hes going to get paid for these reasons. She probably will too. IF they both settle and sign NDAs and go away.

If he has text messages and other correspondence ( i believe he implied he did) that even hints at a consensual relationship and he takes it to court to save his reputation in a civil trial (Johnny Depp v Amber) it will be ugly for everyone in a he said she said mud slinger. I see him as having a lot to lose and Im sure there are lawyers that like the idea of a big payday in court (or a big settlement) and will convince him to challenge it.

Im sure there were witnesses to all this too. And all that stuff that may or may not have happened at CU would probably be dragged out too.

Last edited:
You are 100% right about the power dynamics of the relationship being very bad. And the MeToo. He’s too risky.

I think Hes going to get paid for these reasons. She probably will too. IF they both settle and sign NDAs and go away.

If he has text messages and other correspondence ( i believe he implied he did) that even hints at a consensual relationship and he takes it to court to save his reputation in a civil trial (Johnny Depp v Amber) it will be ugly for everyone in a he said she said mud slinger. I see him as having a lot to lose and Im sure there are lawyers that like the idea of a big payday in court (or a big settlement) and will convince him to challenge it.

Im sure there were witnesses to all this too. And all that stuff that may or may not have happened at CU would probably be dragged out too.
If he is willing to negotiate a resignation, and he would be an idiot not to, he will come out with some money. I just don't think it is going to be as much as many think.

Wouldn't surprise me if they settle for paying him the rest of this year and maybe a little more, bring it to something under $10 million which is still a massive amount of money for any of us but nothing close to $80 million.

As I've also stated before it will likely also include her being included in a 3 way agreement with the school paying her a healthy sum of money to sign the NDA. They may also end up making a substantial contribution to her organization to improve the optics of the whole situation.

A lot of people here ignoring the top line number. MSU and Tugger have a contract under which he’s owed $70+ million. That’s not a theoretical number like a tort case-it’s the minimum MSU will have to pay if they lose in court. Very few parties would be willing to risk that much if they can get out for a quarter of what’s owed.

Last edited:
Back