What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Michigan State/Mel Tucker Hate Thread

Don’t worry, I’m done.

I can already tell that this is not going to lead to anything productive.

What would be productive is to pay for a membership to Allbuffs. It's only 3 cents per month. You can choose an avatar that doesn't look like poop on a cake cone. Plus, when you're a member, the rest of the membership tends to agree with you, rather than thinking you're some kind of dumbass idiot.

Urban is the only coach I can think of that would fit that description. Would be a great hire for them, IMO. I mean, he’s a sleaze of the highest order, but he still swings a big dick in college football.

The experience we had as CU fans from 2020 doesn’t make me have any love for MSU, but they gotta beat Nebraska when they play later this fall.
Makes it juuuust slightly easier to root for MSU to win since Mel ****er won’t be coaching.

If I was involved in the hiring of a contractor at my job, formed a questionable consensual romantic relationship with that contractor, didn’t disclose this to my company and then got accused of sexual harassment and ending the professional relationship of that contractor, I get fired. Tucker is just lucky that he’s rich enough and enough money is on the line that he might be able to shake MSU down for millions of dollars.

Of course, but very few of us have actual contracts with our employers. The vast majority of workers in this country are at-will and can be fired at any time, for almost any reason. Tugger isn't in that situation, he has a contract that defines (in somewhat vague terms) what constitutes a breach on his part.

Dgn0WQe.gif

What would be productive is to pay for a membership to Allbuffs. It's only 3 cents per month. You can choose an avatar that doesn't look like poop on a cake cone. Plus, when you're a member, the rest of the membership tends to agree with you, rather than thinking you're some kind of dumbass idiot.
**** you!

Tucker is a POS, but he shouldn’t go down like this.

I don’t want to victim blame anyone, but how the hell is an alleged gang rape survivor who is teaching young people how to respond, prevent, and deal with such actions and situations act so casually/irresponsibly when the supposed call occurs to her.

She knows the impact of supposed people like that like the back of her hand, but she just chose to stay silent and risk potential further victims. She also erased all of her texts with him, so I have a hard time believing that someone who believed that they acted righteously would do something like that.

Speak up right away, not many months later when the accuser cuts off all contact with you for airing their dirty laundry.

Honestly, this seems more like a jilted lover who is trying to get a bag and retire while ruining the guy’s life who ghosted her in the process.

Yeah let’s just bury the guy and pretend that false accusations never happen.

If Tucker is proven guilty in a court of law or pleads guilty then yeah…throw the ****ing book at him!!

Otherwise, I thought one of America’s greatest freedoms is that you’re innocent until proven guilty.

Or are we just doing things like banana republics and presuming people are guilty until they’re proven innocent?

1. False reporting of sexual assault or harassment is exceedingly rare, almost negligible. Of course the data is spotty, but most studies put it between 2-6% of all reported incidents. Considering that out of every 1,000 sexual assaults only 310 are reported, that means for every 1,000 sexual assaults there are somewhere between ~6-18 false reports compared to 690 that go unreported, or in other words: unreported sexual assaults are somewhere between 38X and 115X more common than false reports.
  2. Trauma studies have shown that the brain struggles to process the trauma from sexual assault. Is it any surprise that a victim of horrific sexual assault would not respond in a way that you clearly expect (i.e. hang up the phone) when she was actively being re-traumatized, or that she would fail to report in what you consider to be a timely fashion?
  3. I must have missed the part where she's asking for money. You must have it on pretty good authority that she's trying to "get a bag"
  4. You are not exactly going out on a limb with the "if he's proven guilty in a court of law" proviso- only 2.5% of all sexual assault perpetrators are ever convicted.
  5. A big reason for the low number of convictions and the low number of reports is attitudes like the one you are expressing- immediately suspicious of the victim's motives or culpability. "What could she possibly have done to make Mel Tucker violate her like that? She must have done something." No. Mel Tucker is a piece of **** who is responsible for his actions.
If you "don't want to victim blame anyone," then stop doing precisely that.

JFC.

1. False reporting of sexual assault or harassment is exceedingly rare, almost negligible. Of course the data is spotty, but most studies put it between 2-6% of all reported incidents. Considering that out of every 1,000 sexual assaults only 310 are reported, that means for every 1,000 sexual assaults there are somewhere between ~6-18 false reports compared to 690 that go unreported, or in other words: unreported sexual assaults are somewhere between 38X and 115X more common than false reports.
  2. Trauma studies have shown that the brain struggles to process the trauma from sexual assault. Is it any surprise that a victim of horrific sexual assault would not respond in a way that you clearly expect (i.e. hang up the phone) when she was actively being re-traumatized, or that she would fail to report in what you consider to be a timely fashion?
  3. I must have missed the part where she's asking for money. You must have it on pretty good authority that she's trying to "get a bag"
  4. You are not exactly going out on a limb with the "if he's proven guilty in a court of law" proviso- only 2.5% of all sexual assault perpetrators are ever convicted.
  5. A big reason for the low number of convictions and the low number of reports is attitudes like the one you are expressing- immediately suspicious of the victim's motives or culpability. "What could she possibly have done to make Mel Tucker violate her like that? She must have done something." No. Mel Tucker is a piece of **** who is responsible for his actions.

JFC.
I wouldn't describe 2-6% as "exceedingly rare, almost negligible". the lower end is 1/50 occurrences

I think you're making a good point here, but that comment is not a good characterization

JFC.
“Ms. Tracy’s attorney told us from the very beginning that I should not lose my job over her allegations, but that it would take a lot of money to make it go away,” Tucker said. “Her twisting of our personal relationship months after it concluded is designed to revive her career and destroy my life, precipitated by her greed.”

Maybe our buddy Lou Holtz is coming back to coach, he is almost Jesus isn't he :unsure:

I've been reading all the CU content I can, but I'm gonna skip Lou's hot take. No way I ever get those 5 minutes of my life back.

I wouldn't describe 2-6% as "exceedingly rare, almost negligible". the lower end is 1/50 occurrences

I think you're making a good point here, but that comment is not a good characterization
2-6% of reported cases, meaning somewhere in the realm of 0.6%-1.8% of all cases. But fair enough.

Well, if there is one thing I've learned as a CU fan, it's that you can definitely trust everything Mel Tucker says.

I've been reading all the CU content I can, but I'm gonna skip Lou's hot take. No way I ever get those 5 minutes of my life back.

Very few links I want to click less than "Lou Holtz Joins Outkick..."

Glad everyone else has the same despise for Lou, his face and voice just irritate the crap out of me, and what he said and did in those Orange Bowls will never be forgotten. IT IS PERSONAL

I hate that Pat Macafee has a sound-alike voiceover at the beginning of his show cause every time the disclaimer is read aloud, I want to kill someone

Back