What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Michigan State/Mel Tucker Hate Thread

I almost hope Tugger drags MSU into court. They deserve each other. Remember, Ishbia brought Tugger to Denver and sat with him in front of the world during the NBA playoffs. I took that as the ultimate slap in the face.
Considering their sordid history I would imagine the last place MSU wants to be in an open court where opposing counsel can dig into their past and present responses to inappropriate sexually related activities by people on the university payroll.

My questions are was she a university employee at the time the incident happened, and did they do a facetime call or something? I understand the moral turpitude clause would make it fireable regardless of the employer/employee relationship. If she wasn't an employee or student I don't know how title ix comes into play or how this becomes a harassment case in terms of employment, maybe one of our esteemed legal experts could weight in? The second question is how did she know he was stroking the man sausage, did he tell her on the phone (why would he do that), or were they facetiming and he just decided to whip it out and go to town? All strange. He is an asshole anyway and a terrible coach, just glad it wasn't CU that had to deal with him.

My questions are was she a university employee at the time the incident happened, and did they do a facetime call or something? I understand the moral turpitude clause would make it fireable regardless of the employer/employee relationship. If she wasn't an employee or student I don't know how title ix comes into play or how this becomes a harassment case in terms of employment, maybe one of our esteemed legal experts could weight in? The second question is how did she know he was stroking the man sausage, did he tell her on the phone (why would he do that), or were they facetiming and he just decided to whip it out and go to town? All strange. He is an asshole anyway and a terrible coach, just glad it wasn't CU that had to deal with him.
This is the opening language from Title IX, so I think this covers non-employees if she is involved in an “activity” on campus which sounds pretty broad.

No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.

This is all in the article linked above (USA Today)
She is not a university employee. She runs her own non profit advocating for victims of sexual assault and harassment. She was paid by the University as a special guest speaker on 3 occasions. I also am curious whether title ix applies, but I don’t think so.

He told her what he was doing during the call and she could hear parts of it. Not a FaceTime.

boy, we dodged a bullet. CU would not have been able to handle that.
Wasn't he supposedly bopping our recruiting social media girl here?

boy, we dodged a bullet. CU would not have been able to handle that.
Wasn't he supposedly bopping our recruiting social media girl here?

I have heard rumbling of stuff going on here, anyone willing to share? or start a Barzil thread?

I agree 99.99%. The ONLY counter I have to this is who this particular lady happens to be, which is why I find this situation slightly peculiar.
Thumb’s down - shocking.
But objectively, this particular woman, a survivor or SA, has effectively become a professional SH/SA advocate. Her job is educating individuals, groups, and team on the continuum of harm, recognizing predatory behavior, who to talk to, ensuring victims know they don’t need to remain silent.

Point is, for her to continue this relationship with the knowledge, experience, and tools that she has seems “peculiar” (not that she isn’t a victim, not that she somehow deserved it, not that Tucker’s actions are warranted or excusable…merely, because of who SHE is and what she does…this situation is peculiar).

Let it play out, folks.

Suspension for extreme inappropriateness, misconduct on university policies, and allegations of civil & legal violations under investigation warrants the actions Sparty has taken.

Speculating on claimant's credibility is never going to lead to anything good on a message board. It's pretty much impossible to go there without appearing to be slandering a victim. Conversely, rushing to judgment for anything unproven at this time isn't a good look either. I know it's boring and not the way sports fan boards work, but in this case we're best served by not coming hard with a hot take of personal opinions based on speculation and whatever biases we carry with us to these conversations.

Last edited:
Let it play out, folks.

Suspension for extreme inappropriateness, misconduct on university policies, and allegations of civil & legal violations under investigation warrants the actions Sparty has taken.

Speculating on claimant's credibility is never going to lead to anything good on a message board. It's pretty much impossible to go there without appearing to be slandering a victim. Conversely, rushing to judgment for anything unproven at this time isn't a good look either. I know it's boring and not the way sports fan boards work, but in this case we're best served by not coming hard with a hot take based on personal opinions based on speculation and whatever biases we carry with us to these conversations.
Amen
Bad situation
Bad actor
Victim is being heard
MSU is terrible at handling these things
Grab your popcorn and be patient

Thumb’s down - shocking.
But objectively, this particular woman, a survivor or SA, has effectively become a professional SH/SA advocate. Her job is educating individuals, groups, and team on the continuum of harm, recognizing predatory behavior, who to talk to, ensuring victims know they don’t need to remain silent.

Point is, for her to continue this relationship with the knowledge, experience, and tools that she has seems “peculiar” (not that she isn’t a victim, not that she somehow deserved it, not that Tucker’s actions are warranted or excusable…merely, because of who SHE is and what she does…this situation is peculiar).
This may get you in trouble. Or me.

There are questions. Consent has been disputed. There is an ongoing investigation. What he did was horrible. Like others, I don’t understand Title IX implications.

Let it play out, folks.

Speculating on claimant's credibility is never going to lead to anything good on a message board. It's pretty much impossible to go there without appearing to be slandering a victim. Conversely, rushing to judgment for anything unproven at this time isn't a good look either. I know it's boring and not the way sports fan boards work, but in this case we're best served by not coming hard with a hot take based on personal opinions based on speculation and whatever biases we carry with us to these conversations.
Due process is central to fairness for all. Your comments about these topics on message boards are key. It seems more acceptable to jump to conclusions on message boards. That’s not right, for either party.

Let it play out, folks.

Speculating on claimant's credibility is never going to lead to anything good on a message board. It's pretty much impossible to go there without appearing to be slandering a victim. Conversely, rushing to judgment for anything unproven at this time isn't a good look either. I know it's boring and not the way sports fan boards work, but in this case we're best served by not coming hard with a hot take of personal opinions based on speculation and whatever biases we carry with us to these conversations.

In other words shut the **** up people

Safe to say that Mel Tucker is not going quietly into the night. I suspect that MSU will pay Tucker a substantial sum of money to make him go away. And then they will pay Ms. Tracy a substantial amount of money to make her go away. And then they will pay a substantial amount of money to a new football coach in hopes of making all the losses go away.

Safe to say that Mel Tucker is not going quietly into the night. I suspect that MSU will pay Tucker a substantial sum of money to make him go away. And then they will pay Ms. Tracy a substantial amount of money to make her go away. And then they will pay a substantial amount of money to a new football coach in hopes of making all the losses go away.
Yup.

Is Lewis a legitimate target and threat to replace?

I feel like it’s a pretty safe bet they had a long term affair
Possible but I wouldn't bet on it.

Doesn't matter though. Unless she gives consent there is no consent, prior history either with him or otherwise matters zero.

Nik is right though, the appropriate way for MSU to handle it is to suspend him so he does not have contact with any university students or staff members and put the appropriate time and resources into a thorough investigation.

When the investigation is complete then give him due process with a hearing allowing him to hire and use legal representation. Probably appropriate to provide his counsel with legal standard discovery prior to the hearing.

Would also be appropriate since it is a personnel situation that the hearing be closed to protect his privacy and the privacy of his accuser(s) and potential witnesses.

If the school finds actionable evidence then they may proceed to terminate him or offer him the opportunity to negotiate a mutual separation.

The school also has the responsibility to turn over any evidence of possible criminal actions (different standard than school policy) to law enforcement for evaluation and action if called for.

We don't have any evidence that she was engaged in a sexual relationship with him, short or long term. Again it also doesn't matter, what matters is his conduct and her consent.

As fans though we aren't a part of the process for the school or the legal system. We have a right to speculate on him as much as we choose. He is the one who brought it on himself.

Unless there is some evidence to the contrary though the woman involved didn't initiate the actions and we have nothing that would call her statements into question. It is therefore very inappropriate to start speculating about her without evidence or actions on her part justifying that speculation.

Is Lewis a legitimate target and threat to replace?
OC Sean Lewis will get offers. We know he voluntarily left a head coaching gig because of competitive limitations (at least that’s widely speculated). I think he will be selective. Michigan State can pay a lot, but it likely won’t be a great situation to enter into, with a depleted roster and tremendous competition from OSU, Michigan, Penn State, USC, etc. A $50 million lotto ticket is hard for anyone to turn down, though.

Back