What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official NCAA Tournament - Other Games Thread

How about the bull**** lane violation when Cuse missed the front of the 1-1 that gave them 2 points?

I was including that. 2 points on the lane violation, 2 points on the possession after they should have called out on Cuse, and then took away two points with the non-call on the goal tend.

Talking heads are defending the lane violation call. By the book, you could make that call on every free throw. You can't cross the line until the ball has hit the rim. How often does that get obeyed? Come on. To make that call for the first time all game in that situation? Awful officiating.

Talking heads are defending the lane violation call. By the book, you could make that call on every free throw. You can't cross the line until the ball has hit the rim. How often does that get obeyed? Come on. To make that call for the first time all game in that situation? Awful officiating.

Not sure if you're talking about Seth Davis or not, he confirmed the lane violation. But what does he know...

Last edited:
Not sure if you're talking about Seth Davis or not, he confirmed the lane violation. But what does he know...

Davis was leading it. He even went to the rule book with the specific by-law. He's a tool. That's like telling me that a hand check call 35 feet from the basket is the correct officiating decision at the end of the game when it hadn't been called once before all game.

This is why basketball has become such a difficult game for me to embrace. Nik is absolutely right - there's a lane violation every time there's a free throw. This was just another instance of an official helping decide the outcome of the game. And there's nothing anybody can do about it. Garbage.

So it you throw out the lane violation that's 2 points that Cuse scored you take away, yet they won by 7. I guess I need to figure out what kind of math that is.

If we're gonna play the bad calls game, there was a terrible goal-tending call on SU in the first half, and the Triche basket before the half should've counted plus gotten a free throw.

So it you throw out the lane violation that's 2 points that Cuse scored you take away, yet they won by 7. I guess I need to figure out what kind of math that is.

If we're gonna play the bad calls game, there was a terrible goal-tending call on SU in the first half, and the Triche basket before the half should've counted plus gotten a free throw.

Cuse won by 7, but they were being purposely fouled down the stretch. Those calls, especially the lane violation, allowed them to get up enough to ice it from the line.

You are right though, missed calls late in the game are what we remember.

Just stick to the out of bounds call, then. 3 point Cuse lead and they ended up getting the ball back. UNCA had an opportunity there to tie it up if the correct call had been made.

And you know basketball well enough to know that the score dramatically affects the flow of the game and what happens afterward.

Kind of like in a football game when a team misses a 55 yard field goal. Making it would have been worth more than 3 points. There's also the momentum gained and the other team likely starting its next possession at the 20 instead of the 38. The miss changes the complexion of the game.

No upsets so far today (of course CU will change that tonight).

IIRC, that means we'll have a bunch of 'em tomorrow ... they generally happen one day or the other.

F*ck Baylor. That's probation just waiting to happen. Dirty, dirty.

Also, did I just see their bench making gestures and shouting along with the fans when a SDSU player was about to shoot a free throw? WTF?

F*ck Baylor. That's probation just waiting to happen. Dirty, dirty.

Also, did I just see their bench making gestures and shouting along with the fans when a SDSU player was about to shoot a free throw? WTF?

Was that wrong ... should they not have done that? :huh:

images

Let's go Shockers!

Closed within 6 with a little over 12 minutes left.

Back