What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Oregon State Prediction Thread

The good thing about the Oregon system is that the system is bigger than any one man. Chip Kelly leaving is ok. The system remains intact and is operating near peak efficiency. Also Helfrich is no Neuweasal. I believe he will eclipse Kelly's accomplishments and bring the title to Oregon, either this year or in the next couple. At the very least Oregon will continue its streak of BCS appearances for the foreseeable future.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not implying Oregon falls drastically and is going 5-7 in two or three years time. Hardly. Even still, Helfrich is naturally going to have to prove himself (and I'm not sure there's a whole lot he can do to truly cement his own name this year. I mean, Larry Coker rode the coattails of Butch Davis to a title in the immediate aftermath there). Just writing it off by saying we have the "Oregon way" (or whatever that incessantly used term is that Duck fans regurgitate) is hollow. We won't get a true sense of just what Helfrich can do until after the current crop clears out and how he goes about replacing and reloading. Helfrich is an intelligent guy, but Chip Kelly was truly something special.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not implying Oregon falls drastically and is going 5-7 in two or three years time. Hardly. Even still, Helfrich is naturally going to have to prove himself (and I'm not sure there's a whole lot he can do to truly cement his own name this year. I mean, Larry Coker rode the coattails of Butch Davis to a title in the immediate aftermath there). Just writing it off by saying we have the "Oregon way" (or whatever that incessantly used term is that Duck fans regurgitate) is hollow. We won't get a true sense of just what Helfrich can do until after the current crop clears out and how he goes about replacing and reloading. Helfrich is an intelligent guy, but Chip Kelly was truly something special.

Fortunately for us Helfrich is an astute recruiter. Who discovered that unknown kid from Hawaii that played backup QB and no one was recruiting? Mark Helfrich. Who coordinated the offense during the Kelly era? Helfrich. Also he's firmly planted on Oregon soil, being an Oregon native. He's not an opportunistic person like Kelly was just using Oregon as a stepping stone and always flirting with the NFL and making things uncertain at Oregon. With Helfrich there is certainty and continuation. We can only hope those dunces in Nebraska start winning some games so they don't try to steal our current OC Frost.

Fortunately for us Helfrich is an astute recruiter. Who discovered that unknown kid from Hawaii that played backup QB and no one was recruiting? Mark Helfrich. Who coordinated the offense during the Kelly era? Helfrich. Also he's firmly planted on Oregon soil, being an Oregon native. He's not an opportunistic person like Kelly was just using Oregon as a stepping stone and always flirting with the NFL and making things uncertain at Oregon. With Helfrich there is certainty and continuation. We can only hope those dunces in Nebraska start winning some games so they don't try to steal our current OC Frost.

No, no, one cannot ever pull for Nebraska for any reason whatsoever! Think how much you hate Oregon State, Washington and USC. Multiply x 1000000. There you have CU feelings towards the Nubs. It's impossible to even describe that lot. Ugh. At least you Pac12 guys have basic literacy. Just unbearable what we had to deal with in the Big XII when it came to fan base interactions. Still taking some adjusting.

Also, you may recall we're quite familiar with Helfrich from his days here as OC at CU in the not so distant past.

No, no, one cannot ever pull for Nebraska for any reason whatsoever! Think how much you hate Oregon State, Washington and USC. Multiply x 1000000. There you have CU feelings towards the Nubs. It's impossible to even describe that lot. Ugh. At least you Pac12 guys have basic literacy. Just unbearable what we had to deal with in the Big XII when it came to fan base interactions. Still taking some adjusting.

Also, you may recall we're quite familiar with Helfrich from his days here as OC at CU in the not so distant past.
I guess it's because we graduate high school here. I don't give a rat's left testicle about the BIG 10 and what happens out there. If Nebraska's success helps Oregon, then let them win. I only care about Ohio State, and the only thing I care about in that regard is that someone sucker punches them out of the NCG discussion. Hopefully that will happen tomorrow against Wisconsin.

We talking about the same guy who left CU for the Oregon job during spring practices when it was too late for CU to hire an offensive coordinator to replace him and, instead, had to promote someone who wasn't ready from within? That non-opportunistic guy? Yeah. **** him.

We talking about the same guy who left CU for the Oregon job during spring practices when it was too late for CU to hire an offensive coordinator to replace him and, instead, had to promote someone who wasn't ready from within? That non-opportunistic guy? Yeah. **** him.

To be fair, I hang about 90% of that on Lunchpail's (DH) arrogance and stupity. Helfrich always seemed like a decent guy, who was trying his best to establish an offensive identity for the Buffs, despite Lunchpail's being all over the map offensively. That led to a clash of wills that only the HC wins.

New OC wasn't ready? Every OC has to be "new" one time. I don't recall anyone not named Norm Chow, being born as an OC!

Even cuter how you have this party line "Went to my first Duck games back when they wore the yellow and green". .

The DUX color scheme is much more subtle and sophisticated now. You've graduated to: piss-yellow and puke-green, with cheap, flashy Pontiac-Mercury chrome thrown in for the NASCAR crowd!

To be fair, I hang about 90% of that on Lunchpail's (DH) arrogance and stupity. Helfrich always seemed like a decent guy, who was trying his best to establish an offensive identity for the Buffs, despite Lunchpail's being all over the map offensively. That led to a clash of wills that only the HC wins.

New OC wasn't ready? Every OC has to be "new" one time. I don't recall anyone not named Norm Chow, being born as an OC!

That OC hasn't worked above the level of WR coach since then. And BCS programs don't train OCs unless the HC is an OC himself.

Whatever you want to say about HaLkins (and pretty much any criticism is justified), the fact remains that Helfrich opportunistically left us high and dry.

That OC hasn't worked above the level of WR coach since then. And BCS programs don't train OCs unless the HC is an OC himself.

Whatever you want to say about HaLkins (and pretty much any criticism is justified), the fact remains that Helfrich opportunistically left us high and dry.
I don't know that I blame Helfrich at all. Hell, we all wanted to get rid of Halkins...and we didn't have to work with him everyday! I could imagine a coach wanting to get away from him badly. And if a top team's star coach calls you and asks you to be the OC for him, versus Juicebox? I would leave CU too. And I love CU. Juicbox was the black plague for the team and his staff. Helfrich took a great opportunity. I won't fault him for that. And it isn't like he could really change anything under Juicebox.

The good thing about the Oregon system is that the system is bigger than any one man. Chip Kelly leaving is ok. The system remains intact and is operating near peak efficiency. Also Helfrich is no Neuweasal. I believe he will eclipse Kelly's accomplishments and bring the title to Oregon, either this year or in the next couple. At the very least Oregon will continue its streak of BCS appearances for the foreseeable future.

Oh ***cough***phil knight***cough*** really?

Cry about it Bison. Your loss our gain. :thumbsup:

Back