What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Pac-12 Championship Game Thread

Mac:
"So proud. UW did a great job. I love these guys. Focus on Bowl and get 11 wins."

"Trainers told him Sefo could go."

"I told the players I loved them. Couldn't be prouder. We wanted to win the Pac."

He basically wanted to say how proud he was of the kids and that we still have a chance to be one of the best CU teams ever.

For better for worse, he led this team. This is the only game we lost when he finished the game during this season. Dude is a warrior who carried this team on his back many times. He gave his heart and soul to this program and sacrificed his body. Today, he failed, the offensive line failed, the predictable offensive play calling failed, the run defense failed, etc. But you can't deny this kid an opportunity to play the bowl in what will probably be in 4-5 weeks from now, unless he's hurt. If he can't be productive, he has to sit. If he can truly go, he must get out there.

Since this is still only amateur athletics for the players, this is all he'll have. He may not get a long crack at professional football. If he's healthy, the program owes him the chance to go out there one last time.

How many more big hits does Sefo have to take? I love MM but he needs to start thinking about Sefo's future, and the program as a whole. He should have stayed with Montez. Sefo has done enough for this program, I'm almost to the point where I don't have the heart to watch him take hit after hit after hit.

I was really unimpressed with the passing accuracy. I think the heave-it-high throwaway TD has been headlined already: "worst thrown TD in history" but that was a pretty common throw. I can't imagine inaccurate passers doing well against stronger defenses.

Oh well. 41-10. But, at least it wasn't Joel Klatt in the last conference championship game. That was, uh, - was that 2005?

Disappointing loss to be sure. I was interested in how many CU players were wearing #16 (Jawille Alini) on their arms or on their eye black. I think that that incident was a bigger distraction then is being talked about.

I will never understand how Tedric didn't pick off those two passes on possessions that led to UW touchdowns. Those were both easy plays that would have been made by a player that was focused on doing his job.

Either way it was obvious from the opening kick off that we were not ready to play. I'm not sure they were ready either, but their game plan that focused heavily on blowing us off the line of scrimmage and gaining 5-7 yards on first down was more effective in settling them in, and more importantly was easier to execute in the heat of the battle.

Sefo's accuracy has been a problem for four years and tonight was no different. When he couldn't run, it was all over.

Bring on the Montez (or Lytle) era. As much as I respect Sefo, he is not an elite level gb.

One way or another, it was a great season and I will miss the Saturday afternoons of 2016.

The game was what it was. My quick takeaways:
I had a great conversation with RG before the game.
Living in Southern California for the past twenty years, I'd forgotten how great the people in Colorado and Boulder are. Met a few new friends and witnessed a lot of love for the program in attendance tonight.
The program is definitely trending up. #TheRise

Disappointing loss to be sure. I was interested in how many CU players were wearing #16 (Jawille Alini) on their arms or on their eye black. I think that that incident was a bigger distraction then is being talked about.

I will never understand how Tedric didn't pick off those two passes on possessions that led to UW touchdowns. Those were both easy plays that would have been made by a player that was focused on doing his job.

Either way it was obvious from the opening kick off that we were not ready to play. I'm not sure they were ready either, but their game plan that focused heavily on blowing us off the line of scrimmage and gaining 5-7 yards on first down was more effective in settling them in, and more importantly was easier to execute in the heat of the battle.

Sefo's accuracy has been a problem for four years and tonight was no different. When he couldn't run, it was all over.

Bring on the Montez (or Lytle) era. As much as I respect Sefo, he is not an elite level gb.

One way or another, it was a great season and I will miss the Saturday afternoons of 2016.

TOuched on a lot of good points here. Credit UW. Their players stepped up and made plays. Our guys had ints bounce off their hands. UW played a smart clean game and waited for CU to beat itself and they did. Proud of these seniors. I'll miss some more than others. The game would have been a lot closer with Montez. Either way UW wasn't going to lose.

From the beginning, with TT running into the reciever, w/o turning towards the ball at all, it was clear the Buffs were pretty uptight and awes by the situation.

How can all the morons rag on Sefo and say he choked, when everyone of them should know a leg or ankle injury can totally throw off a QB. The decicison on who to play the 2nd half should never have been left to Sefo - that was a loyalty move, not a smart one.

I and others have been calling for open kicking tryouts for the last 6 - 8 weeks. These coaches couldn't find anyone, anywhere? Ridiculous.

Good year men and thank you very much

Going into this I could see the potential for another 10-5 type game with the Huskies coming out on top. I never would have seen the first rout of the season coming.

It has been a terrific season even with this loss. Go out and put together a bowl win and finish things on a positive note Buffs!!

I believe the #16 was for this years senior class, you know, class of 2016

I thought our glaring weakness yesterday was a lack of separation and explosiveness from the receivers. The o line didn't give the QB's a lot of time but rarely were the receivers open at all. I'm glad to see this being addressed with the recruits and I had almost forgotten about Winfree. I thought he was going to be our number one receiver this year. I'm looking forward to seeing what Montez can do with the valuable experience he gained this year. I think Noyer surprises though and Lytle will redshirt. If Jeremy Irwin comes back like it sounds and we can add any type of TE threat, the O could be unvelievable.

Disappointing end to the season but it exceeded my expectations tenfold. Without a doubt the most fun I've had watching football in over ten years. The great thing about this is I think we're set to keep this going for the foreseeable future. Please don't leave JMFL, we'll keep you stocked with all the Pepsi's you want.

Let's finish the season with a resounding win in our bowl game, whichever it is.

GoBuffs!!

Really glad we seem to be having success recruiting the Oline, but man we need some LBs.
Yeah the front 7 and OL were absolutely dominated last night. Thats the area where Mac was probably looking to next year (OL). We need some DL help in the worst way next year. If we got handled like that with Tupou, Carrell, and Samson, I shutter to think what it will be like with out those three.

Is al
In his post game interview, Sefo was as down as I've ever heard him. That hurts. He's such a great young man. This is the part of sports I don't like.[/QUOT

Agree. Good young man.

Is the whole Sefo / Montez thing from last night just an internet phenomenon? Or does it matter in circles that matter (team, staff, RG)?

Thinking about it, we played a couple of really tough games down the stretch both physically and emotionally. I think those games kind of had a cumulative effect on our performance yesterday. We just seemed flat and slow. It was weird. On defense it was almost like we didn't want to hit anyone. On offense we seemed really sluggish. There just wasn't any fire.

Probably mentioned but just prior to Sefo being injured, he had a huge run. I wonder what could have been if he stayed healthy.

Back