What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official realignment thread - SEC formally invites OU and Texas to join the conference in 2025

Its not just the conference its even some of the fans. Saw someone on a UCLA board advocating for Rice because of its academic and it being in Texas.

This fanbase should be all about a move of some sort into Texas because of how much we recruit down there. I'm fine with adding Rice-even if they're a 16th/travel buddy for Houston.

The CONFERENCE OF CHAMPIONS is ready to go global with all those awesome Olympic sports we have!

(Which nobody cares about except for two weeks every four years)
I actually think over the long term those sports do matter. Just check out the ratings women’s soccer and basketball keep getting.

I actually think over the long term those sports do matter. Just check out the ratings women’s soccer and basketball keep getting.
At the least, they matter from the standpoint of filling 24/7/365 of a conference network. Football has to dominate programming, but you want to lessen the seasonal spike in viewership in order to get better advertising rates.

If the game didn't mean anything to them they wouldn't keep doing non-conference scheduling contracts with us. And currently they don't have a real rivalry game unless you count Iowa (but they lose every year and UI would rather have the more competitive ISU game).
To be honest, I think they like the troll game they’ve got rolling Nebraska.

Its not just the conference its even some of the fans. Saw someone on a UCLA board advocating for Rice because of its academic and it being in Texas.
I’ll take Rice. Good academics. Pretty good at a lot of sports; mostly baseball and Olympic sports…and someone we could beat regularly in Football. Plus Texas.

If the game didn't mean anything to them they wouldn't keep doing non-conference scheduling contracts with us. And currently they don't have a real rivalry game unless you count Iowa (but they lose every year and UI would rather have the more competitive ISU game).

The That's changing-I had a civil exchange with one Fusker the other day after this started......He and I both agreed we need to be playing more and ideally be in the same league.

"OK. You got us. Time to swallow all pride, bend over, and stop pretending. You own our asses."
Yeah, I don't think ESPN would be very please with Texas agreeing to this. This move is their opportunity to get out from under the boondoggle / payoff to Texas that they had to make the last time Texas threatened to go to a league they might not control.

This whole super SEC conference talk is laughable. The reason college football is so popular is because people have rooting interest in the state or School they are part of.

There will still be money for that super conference but it will be very regionalized unless they can capture coast to coast, which would need to include, at minimum, 32 or so schools. It's like the NFC grabbing a couple of AFC teams and telling the rest of the NFL to F off.

If you think the Nebraska/Iowa/USC's fans will give a **** to that conference you are clueless.

What if the SEC worked with ESPN to do this by gobbling up all the major southern schools?

Miami, FSU, GA Tech, Clemson, UNC, Duke, NC State, Okie State to go with UT and OU to take it to 24?

Could this actually happen?

Except for Clemson, Miami and FSU those schools add nothing.

I think they’d be looking at the B1G and Penn State, Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin after those three. Just need one more (Notre Dame? Nebraska?) and you have a 24 team super conference.

Last edited:
Ohio State site says USC, UCLA, Oregon and… wait for it… Colorado are “VERY interested and all have made direct overtures to the Big Ten about membership”

If you are an Auburn or Texas A&M, tell me how going to 20 or 24 leaves you in a better position as a football program. The path is a whole lot clearer right now at 16 than it will be in that hypothetical.
In a division of their own, really good programs become mediocre relative to their competition. It’d be an NFL model without the parity.

Back