What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official RPI Watch 2014-15

I binge re-watched the games the other night (which I highly recommend if you're bored and your wife is watching garbage reality TV in another room). But it also reveals a lot when you watch a bunch of games in a row, and it did, the defense I found......concerning. As @jcatcher pointed out KenPom has our defense pretty solid, clearly I love stats, but they aren't telling the whole story here. As @tante alluded to, Tad's teams have never created a lot of TO's, it's just not the way his defensive schemes are made up. They don't go after steals nor create many TO's because they play straight man to man defense and don't gamble. What we're seeing this year are guards going after steals - and not getting them taking themselves out of the play and subsequently creating 5 on 4 opportunities for the offense. We're also seeing the guards getting beat off the dribble but still staying with them moving laterally then letting them go and trying to strip from behind. These are two things we've hardly ever seen, both of these things create more work and issues for the interior defenders. They've got to defend 4 on 5 or leave their man to cut off a guy driving the lane. The front court is also doing something we haven't seen, go for blocks....Blocks can be good and bad (@goose is nodding and pointing at Birdman), but we're seeing a lot of guys leave their feet, which generally isn't a great defensive tactic.

The defensive #'s certainly aren't bad, but some of the defensive principles of the team do show some signs of concern.

Bottom line: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw36ivnRHRQ

San Francisco's average height is 77.2"

CU's is 78.0"

If you use KenPom's "effective height", we're the 62nd (+1.8) biggest team in the nation, they're 108th (+1.0).

We're not playing DU. We scrimmaged them. Maybe what you're thinking of.

Also, DePaul is looking solid. They just beat a competent N Illinois squad by 11.

I'm confused by the words 'competent' and 'Northern Illinois.' That team (program) is... sub-par, at best. #NeverForget

Dan Monson. He was the first Gonzaga hot commodity coach, bolted Gonzaga after only 2 seasons when they made Elite Eight. He then went to Minnesota and it didn't work out, only 1 Big Dance in 7 seasons. He's since been at LBSU, this is his 8th year there. They were complete **** when he took over and now they're one of the top Big West squads and never an easy out. He puts together the most brutally tough OOC schedules you'll ever see.

LBSU up 59-58 on Washington, 7:54 remaining.

The man has no fear. Saw them in Honolulu a few years back at the Diamondhead Classic, fun bunch to watch.

San Francisco's average height is 77.2"

CU's is 78.0"

If you use KenPom's "effective height", we're the 62nd (+1.8) biggest team in the nation, they're 108th (+1.0).

64 spots is a pretty big difference. Anyway, we'll find out in a few hours. Buffs by 10+

64 spots is a pretty big difference. Anyway, we'll find out in a few hours. Buffs by 10+

Retard. 46 spots and that isn't a big difference. Less than 1 inch. Stay in the football forum.

Uva up on Maryland, them and Duke are probably the best in the ACC, maybe Louisville too. Something is up with Carolina, they look soft to me or something. They pass the eyeball test, I don't what their problem is?

Maryland's whole "VIRGINIA SUCKS" and "**** YOU REF" chants are really not a good look, especially while getting owned. Just seems classless and trashy.

Duke holding slim lead in Madison

Nothing wrong with classless trash.

But you have to be able to back it up...

Wazzu falls to Idaho 77-71

USC 77-61 over Loyola Marymount

Cal in OT with Montana

Edit: Cal headed to 2nd OT with Montana. Big battle.

Last edited:
Wazzu may be the worst team from a P5 conference this year. Ugly.

Disappointed in Auburn tonight. Couldn't get it going.

Back