What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games 10/17 - 10/21

Lots of talk to right now about Franklin not being able to win when it matters.
They have horrible play calling. They constantly go 4 wideout when the QB was playing scared and they had strong running game. Honestly I don't know what they thinking.

Don’t be surprised if Florida State is playing in the national championship game this year.

I mean, he’s not on the level of Saban or Smart, but nobody else is, either. By your standard, Ryan Day, James Franklin, Jim Harbaugh, and Brian Kelly are all frauds as well.
I think James Franklin is special. I seen Mark Richt personally, he's way better than Mark. I just never thought Penn State was anywhere near Michigan or Ohio State. Especially offensively

Riley is the dude who recruits his ass off, overwhelms teams with his talent, is a subpar game day coach when the times occur where his talent level is good enough.

Whether you call that a fraud, or a good but not great coach, or whatever, I think we've got enough data at this point to start to just call it that for him.

There is no reason they should have lost tonight. There is no reason we should have come within an onside kick of tying them. There is no reason they should have been rolled by ND. But here we are.

Unless they turn things around, it's hard to imagine they'll be ranked when the time they play UCLA.

With that talent, finishing the season out of the top 25 - that's poor coaching.

I think James Franklin is special. I seen Mark Richt personally, he's way better than Mark. I just never thought Penn State was anywhere near Michigan or Ohio State. Especially offensively

Maybe he should think about moving on then, because his records against Michigan and OSU are terrible, as are his records against top ten teams (admittedly, most of those games are probably Michigan and OSU).

Maybe Harbaugh splits from Ann Arbor after this year and Franklin lets Michigan know he's interested.

Maybe he should think about moving on then, because his records against Michigan and OSU are terrible, as are his records against top ten teams (admittedly, most of those games are probably Michigan and OSU).

Maybe Harbaugh splits from Ann Arbor after this year and Franklin lets Michigan know he's interested.
That's stupid. Most of those games are just Michigan and Ohio State. He never loses games he's suppose to win. Richt was always losing to a Boston College, etc.

Riley is the dude who recruits his ass off, overwhelms teams with his talent, is a subpar game day coach when the times occur where his talent level is good enough.

Whether you call that a fraud, or a good but not great coach, or whatever, I think we've got enough data at this point to start to just call it that for him.

There is no reason they should have lost tonight. There is no reason we should have come within an onside kick of tying them. There is no reason they should have been rolled by ND. But here we are.

Unless they turn things around, it's hard to imagine they'll be ranked when the time they play UCLA.

With that talent, finishing the season out of the top 25 - that's poor coaching.
I think he's a great play caller, and one of the best offensive minds in the game. Alex Grinch is a liability for that program right now. If I'm Riley, I'd plan on firing Grinch at the end of the year, and trying to replace him with either Air Force DC Brian Knorr or SMU DC Scott Symons. Both have top 20 defenses, but Symons might be an easier guy to pull. AFA's staff is full of guys who have either been there forever or people who have done more than one stint on that staff, and there's a reason for that. He needs a guy who can basically be the Head Coach of his defense, and he doesn't have that-its like Leach in a way.

Speaking of Air Force.....I'd argue they should be well inside of the top 20 now, even though I thought their offense wasn't that crisp today. USC and North Carolina (I'll get there in a minute) both should fall out, and I'm probably ranking them ahead of Tennessee and probably Duke too (something like AFA 18 and Duke at 19). That program is still not getting enough attention-even locally. They're a ton of fun to watch, and I think they're in the driver's seat to be the Group of 5's New Year's Six rep. Troy Calhoun gets a lot of **** on here because his name comes up every time this job comes open-and I thought he was coming after Midnight Mel left. The dude is the most underrated coach in the sport, and its not close. They stuck with what they do offensively after that cut block outside the tackle box ban. Army and Navy did not.

Good piece on how incredible what Calhoun and company are doing down there is.

On that UNC game......I think Tony Elliott bought at least another season with that W. We say this a lot-I mean there were posts on here talking about the Oregon game in 2016 being that kind of a program changer, but that legitimately could be for UVA. As far as UNC......that's an embarrassing loss. FSU should win out and take the ACC on paper.

Meanwhile in Seattle......
Watch This Hold Up GIF by Apple TV+

Last edited:
That's stupid. Most of those games are just Michigan and Ohio State. He never loses games he's suppose to win. Richt was always losing to a Boston College, etc.

I could care less about Richt, but if you're suggesting that he's never going to be able to get past OSU and Michigan, then why stay at PSU? To consistently play third chair?

Huskies with they're 4th turnover less than a minute in to the 2nd half.

That stretch they're in is unreal-

@Notre Dame
Utah at home (who has been their daddy for the last several years)
Cal
Oregon
Washington

That's a 7-5 team. That defense is pathetic.

Bryson Barnes looks like a Utah quarterback. Makes quick decisions. Mobile enough, while not being a Mahomes or Williams. I don't know how Whittingham does it, and frankly I wish they weren't following us to the XII next year.

If you looked at just the talent on the roster, at the beginning of the year, the conference would have looked like this though:

Oregon
USC
Washington
the rest of the conference.

If they get rolled by UO and UW, which seems pretty freaking likely right now, USC fans are going to be less than excited about going into the Big Ten with their staff the way it is.

Having said that, it starts with Grinch. Utah scored more against USC than they did against Weber State. Notre Dame scored more against them than they did Navy and Central Michigan. It pisses me off that we never could get over on an Alex Grinch defense.

Losing to Stanford up by 29-0 is so epically laughable at this very moment!
Stanford is terrible
“Klatt’s comments were so spot on
When you are up 29-0 starting tge second half, your goal is not to win 63-0, your goal is to win”
UCLA is not going to lose this lead
Uggghhh
PTSD

Coaches crack me up. ASU is moving the ball, 9 straight run plays get the ball into UW territory - hey, let's throw 3 straight passes and miss a fg!

What have they done to not be #1? What has Michigan done to take their spot?
They have looked unimpressive vs poor teams in their conference and don’t have any wins that are considered good. Michigan doesn’t have any good wins either, but they haven’t struggled with anyone.

Ohio State has struggled some here and there, but have two top 10 wins on their resume.

Until tonight, Washington has lent really struggled with anyone and has a top 10 win.

Why are we putting any weight on what teams did last year on what the rankings should be in week 8 of this year?

I’ll say it. Dillingham might actually end up being a solid coach.

He’s doing this with an injury riddled team and former high school coaches in charge of position groups. They’ve been markedly better since he took over the offense. 1-5 yes, but considering the bad luck they’ve had with injuries, color me impressed.

They have looked unimpressive vs poor teams in their conference and don’t have any wins that are considered good. Michigan doesn’t have any good wins either, but they haven’t struggled with anyone.

Ohio State has struggled some here and there, but have two top 10 wins on their resume.

Until tonight, Washington has lent really struggled with anyone and has a top 10 win.

Why are we putting any weight on what teams did last year on what the rankings should be in week 8 of this year?
I can't argue with that. The pollsters are always dropping teams that struggle with lesser opponents. I'm sure that's not something they want to do with a team that hasn't lost in two years, whether we like it or not. Or it's the SEC bias.

Back