What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games Thread - Week 4

UConn has a RB with the last name Hypolite. A fairly uncommon name, he must be related to the Rabid Goldfish, no?

UConn has a RB with the last name Hypolite. A fairly uncommon name, he must be related to the Rabid Goldfish, no?

It's spelled Hyppolite though and it looks like he's from Mass., George is from LA. Still that would be the second person I've ever heard of with that name.

Crowd shot of Jim Jeffcoat at his son's game wearing a burnt orange shirt. Not sure how to feel about that yet. Guess I can go with the proud dad angle.

Meatchicken survives again. 24-21 over UConn. This follows last week's 28-24 win over Akron. Ohio State's gonna mudhole them this year.

original.gif

Air Force is bad. Anyone wish we'd hired Calhoun?

I do.

They've lost to Utah State & Boise State, are hanging in against a pretty good Wyoming team, and are starting a RS-Frosh QB. Calhoun's a good coach.

Besides, it would have been Calhoun instead of Embree. The last 2 years would have seen such better football.

MWC "Mountain Division" is pretty tough this year with Boise State, Utah State and Wyoming. A lot more difficult than Fresno's "West Division"

I am starting to wonder, though, if the service academies are going to find it difficult to compete again. They had a bit of a resurgence. But as we talked about a bit, the big programs have now figured out the spread offenses and have defenses designed to run sideline to sideline / make play in space.

Just like how Miami & Florida State pretty much ended option football among the major programs (sideline-to-sideline speed overwhelms it), this change may have fundamentally altered things so that the service academies don't have the speed to defend all these spread attacks and also can't be efficient enough with an option attack against a speed defense.

The Fortune 50 have now caught up with the market innovations.

I am starting to wonder, though, if the service academies are going to find it difficult to compete again. They had a bit of a resurgence. But as we talked about a bit, the big programs have now figured out the spread offenses and have defenses designed to run sideline to sideline / make play in space.

Just like how Miami & Florida State pretty much ended option football among the major programs (sideline-to-sideline speed overwhelms it), this change may have fundamentally altered things so that the service academies don't have the speed to defend all these spread attacks and also can't be efficient enough with an option attack against a speed defense.

The Fortune 50 have now caught up with the market innovations.

Navy is pretty good this year again, has a win at Indiana already. Hard to tell at this point if it's just Air Force struggling or a common theme. In defense of Air Force, facing Utah State, @ Boise State, Wyoming is as brutal stretch as you're going to find by MWC standards.

Navy is pretty good this year again, has a win at Indiana already. Hard to tell at this point if it's just Air Force struggling or a common theme. In defense of Air Force, facing Utah State, @ Boise State, Wyoming is as brutal stretch as you're going to find by MWC standards.

And they lost their starting QB in the season opener against South Cupcake St. or whoever they played....

Utah's up 20-6 on BYU.

If they can close this out, Pac-12 will have gone undefeated in non-conference games this week.

Nothing like running up the middle on 3rd & 7 while down 14 points in the middle of the 4th. Pathetic. Deserve to lose.

Loved this CSU fan tweet at Kiszla: [tweet]381613293879967744[/tweet]

Alabama does have Auburn which is a kind of a big deal, but whatevs.

The color guy for the Air Force vs Wyoming game is nauseating. He sounds familiar.

My ears are ready to pop.

The worst part of his recent firing, for me, is that he's back on XM radio 91 as one of the many recent fired coaches they employ. He sucks so bad. His radio persona is worse than his press conferences. He tends to steer every conversation into trying to tell everybody how much life coaching CFB coaches have to do, and that nobody realizes that, and how unappreciated CFB coaches are in this regard. He is so full of sh*t it's hard to fathom how big his ego is.

Back