What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 10/11-10/14

uw never got that bounce or big catch they usually get. asu looks solid to me everytime ive watched em. Like us, they have shot themselves in the foot util last night.

Wow, what a week. USC and Miami escaped by a point, Michigan needed OT to beat a terrible Indiana team. #2 Clemson, #5 Washington, #8 Washington state and #12 Auburn all lost. Alabama has this **** locked up.

What a crazy season.

Only good thing is asu is playing at Utah and home against usc the two games before us so they should be nice and sore for our game.

Went to the AFA/UNLV game yesterday, poorly played but exciting nevertheless.

First un-televised game that I've attended in years -- loved the pace!!!! It did make planning piss breaks a bit more challenging though.

The PAC 12 is dead meat as far as the playoffs are concerned, and if TCU slips up so is the BIG 12, there might actually be two BIG 10 teams playing against two SEC teams in the playoffs! Miami will lose still, Clemson QB injury will doom them, and after watching Ohio State last night, they are very likely the 2nd best team in the country.

Alabama
Ohio State
Wisconsin
Georgia

The PAC 12 is dead meat as far as the playoffs are concerned, and if TCU slips up so is the BIG 12, there might actually be two BIG 10 teams playing against two SEC teams in the playoffs! Miami will lose still, Clemson QB injury will doom them, and after watching Ohio State last night, they are very likely the 2nd best team in the country.

Alabama
Ohio State
Wisconsin
Georgia
  • Georgia still has to win at Auburn to go with the probably loss to Alabama in the CCG. Losing to Auburn may be enough to keep them out -> or at least not look any better than any other 2 loss team.
  • Ohio State already has one loss, and still has to play @ PSU (ranked in the top 5 - maybe underservedly), @ Iowa, MSU, and @ Michigan. They already lost to a decidely average OU squad. Then the CCG.
  • Wisconsin still plays Michigan then the CCG.
  • You didn't mention Penn State, but we will learn much about them the next 3 weeks: Michigan, @ OSU, @ MSU (then still has the CCG).

This may be the first year multiple 2 loss teams get in to the playoffs.

I would bet my left nut that usc would make the playoff with one loss. Washington has a good chance if they go undefeated the rest of the way but they aren’t getting in over a one loss team from another conference.

• Georgia still has to win at Auburn to go with the probably loss to Alabama in the CCG. Losing to Auburn may be enough to keep them out -> or at least not look any better than any other 2 loss team.
  • Ohio State already has one loss, and still has to play @ PSU (ranked in the top 5 - maybe underservedly), @ Iowa, MSU, and @ Michigan. They already lost to a decidely average OU squad. Then the CCG.
  • Wisconsin still plays Michigan then the CCG.
  • You didn't mention Penn State, but we will learn much about them the next 3 weeks: Michigan, @ OSU, @ MSU (then still has the CCG).
This may be the first year multiple 2 loss teams get in to the playoffs.

Your points on 1 and 3 are legit, but I think that Ohio State is going to punk Penn State at home by 20+ points because Coach Meyer does not like the whining from last year about the playoff selection and wants to clean up that narrative with a statement on Oct 28th.

Did anyone see what happened to Miller's leg? Announcers said it could be upsetting for some viewers to show the second angle did it just look totally gruesome?
Very broken. When he flipped over on the sideline, the lower half of his leg was rotated ~180 degrees.

I think one team to watch down the stretch is Notre Dame. Four games left against top 25 teams (USC, NC State, @Miami, @Stanford). They win out (seems unlikely) with their only loss coming to Georgia, they are in. But even at 10-2, they might have the most compelling case if more chaos happens.

I think UW is screwed unless they're sitting at 12-1 and there's only one or two other undefeated/one loss teams.

****ty OOC combined with horrendous loss dooms them unless the committee can't clearly put someone in over them. Frankly, I could see a 2 loss Big Ten champ getting in over them.

Alabama
Ohio State
Wisconsin
Georgia

I don't think your final four could possibly be right. If those 4 teams finish the year strong, the SEC teams and the Big Ten teams will probably be playing each other in their respective conference's CCG.

No way the committee puts in 2 teams coming off of losses.

For any Buffs fans who are disquieted by our overall lackluster performances of late ... this should give you some joy:

LINCOLN, Neb. -- It is a proud Big Ten West program that used to win consecutive national championships, that used to contend every season, that used to fill Memorial Stadium. Its best player just might win the Heisman Trophy. It is a program that can see that level of success only in the rear-view mirror, the distance measured in decades, a team that occupies that unsatisfying niche between mediocrity and relevance.

That would be Minnesota. But for a Nebraska fan, the description hits a little too close to home, which explains the angst and tension that is gripping Husker Nation these days.

Instead, let's talk about that proud Big Ten West program that plays in the grand, old stadium not far from the state capitol. Its players, outfitted in basic red and white, line up and run the ball. You know what they're going to do, and they know you know, and they do it anyway, which is why they keep winning year after year.

That's Wisconsin. But for a Nebraska fan, that description stirs nostalgia, and envy, and, yes, exasperation.

For the last 30 years of the 20th century, Nebraska football demanded respect. First under Bob Devaney, and then under his top assistant, Tom Osborne, the Huskers won five national championships and 16 conference titles. Osborne retired after the 1997 season, when Nebraska shared No. 1 with Michigan. That's 20 years according to the calendar, and, if you're a Husker fan, several eons ago.

:D

For any Buffs fans who are disquieted by our overall lackluster performances of late ... this should give you some joy:

:D
Joel Klatt was doing the color on the game, and near the end, he said it was sad to see what a once great football program had become. Said it was a measuring stick for the Buff teams he was on and that now it was a shell of its former self. I love you Joel, but I don't pity them. I'm fine if they never win another game. Ever.

Is it parity? I feel like there’s a lack of star power in football this season. Barkley, Love, Taylor, and Lindsay (heh) all have star power. There are some great QBs but not quite the Vince Young take every game over type of QB.

Now that JT Barrett is making better throws, Ohio State looks for real. But they also always do this when they get a string of weak defenses to roast. Bryant was great for Clemson but he’s injured. I actually think Auburn might be the 2nd best, 2nd most balanced team in the country and they just blew a 20-0 (23-0? Idk I stopped watching so I could focus on the CU game) lead against Eddy O and LSU’s weak offense. I don’t trust their coaches. Harbaugh still doesn’t have a QB. I refuse to believe Georgia and Miami are for real lol.

The problem for Auburn is the offense is so one deminsional. Malzahn gets really conservative and it is usually just enough to get Auburn beat. I think they can split Georgia/Alabama, but that loss on Saturday was brutal. Ugh.

Back