What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 12 Coaching Carousel

fUCLA looks like they are botching the search, no Sumlin, no Petey, no Golden...as others observed, they look like the fuskers after firing Slopitch...

This makes me happy. June Jones is a solid coach. He'd do well in the Pac 12.
Yup. He's a better version of the pirate. What he did with UH was amazing, and what he has done with SMU is also outstanding. His recruiting is just getting better too.

Credit to Bama Charlie, but in the other carousel thread, June Jones to ASU looks like it will happen....just thought I'd put it here too since this is a P12 focused carousel thread...

Pac 12 South

USC-Kiffin
ASU-June Jones
U of A-Rich Rod
UCLA-?
Utah-Whittingham

Stiff competition for years to come

ASUHCJJ was recruiting very well for SMU. He did amazing things at UH. I'm curious to see how he makes the transition to big boy football though.

Link? You know "official" we like to be around here.

Just lots of smoke right now, including a Fox Sports reporter connected with SMU saying Jones has pulled his coaches off the recruiting trail for a major announcement.

The big thing with June Jones to ASU is whether Adrian Klemm goes with him. If I was the AD at Hawaii, I'd offer him the HC job. It would be a big step up for Klemm, but it would be worth the risk for Hawaii to get his recruiting prowess (alum, too). June Jones doesn't scare me as much as June Jones with Adrian Klemm.

Meh. I don't get overly concerned about who other schools are hiring. Every school is going to go get a solid guy, but that doesn't guarantee anything(see Hawkins, Fairbanks). All I care about is Colorado taking care of business on the field.

ASUHCJJ was recruiting very well for SMU. He did amazing things at UH. I'm curious to see how he makes the transition to big boy football though.

June Jones signature season with UH was 2007. They played 2 FCS schools, a horrendous Tyrone Willingham coached UW and got destroyed by UGA in the Sugar Bowl. Boise gets ripped for playing a bunch of pansies in conference plus the occasional BCS team that they get up for and beat. June Jones UH teams beat a bunch of soft OOC opponents, played a very soft conference schedule and got destroyed by any legit BCS competition.

1-11
8-5
7-7
7-5

Sorry, that's a weak hire by ASU. Chuck and duck offense with no defense and he couldn't dominate the weak Conf USA? Fraud Sumlin outcoached him? :lol:

Good for us.

I'm actually kind of liking all of these gimmicy spead offense hires in the Pac 12. It means that Colorado doesn't necessarily have to go head to head recruiting against them for our type of pro style player, and historically these offenses only go so far.

Damn. The combination of UCLA and ASU in this coaching search has been nothing less than hilarious. They can't get out of their own way - either of them. You'd really think that their respective leaders would have had some kind of idea as to who they wanted before they canned the guys they had. Incredible.

ASU's boosters just put their foot down. No JJ. :woot:

This is a much better way to hire rather than some lame committee. Leak that deal is being finalized with coach. Get fan reaction. Cancel deal. Repeat. This will most definitely ensure that the best coach is hired.

Damn. The combination of UCLA and ASU in this coaching search has been nothing less than hilarious. They can't get out of their own way - either of them. You'd really think that their respective leaders would have had some kind of idea as to who they wanted before they canned the guys they had. Incredible.
Well, not every school takes 2 years to do the canning...

Unreal on how they did June Jones. That won't go over well in coaching circles.

Hearing Jim Mora Jr. to UCLA.

:yeahthat:

I disagree with you on JJ's coaching abilities.

Based on what? He had a couple of good years at Hawaii running a chuck and duck offense. Failed NFL head coach.

SMU is paying this guy 2 million bucks for 7 wins in a weak conference? Why?

Back