What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 12 network / direct tv (PACN now on fuboTV streaming)

Frankly, I've never understood this desire to be holy independent. If we can increase revenue for every school, increase exposure, and increase the quality of the product, why would there be any objections to having a partner? Sharing a large pie is often times better than keeping a small pie to yourself.

I don't object to the idea of having an equity partner. I don't want to see it controlled by somebody else, though.

So, what would AT&T's percentage of equity be? 10%? 20%? I don't know anything about equity partnerships, but don't you normally bring in an equity partner to provide some funding and to assume some risk? What is AT&T's "risk?" I would think very small. Shouldn't the amount of their partnership be based on risk incurred?

Thanks Eddie! This is one of my lesser worries nowadays. Not sure if I'm ready to see beat downs in HD anyways...

F- the whole thing I will keep watching like I always have, DTV Sunday Ticket, and XBMC/Kodi for the P12, not even going to pay attention anymore unless I hear they flipped the switch.
Sounds like an execution by electric chair.

Yup

DTV has a new more powerful partner on their side that wants the same deal from the P12 that DTV has been trying to get all along. Maybe more now because of the Uverse deal, and the sponsorship angle.

It would be nice to for them to have, but they already have the best sports programing.

Maybe according to their marketing department. The only thing that I'm missing is sunday ticket but my team plays in the market I live in and RedZone handles everything else just fine. Plus I have Pac-12 network which DTV doesn't. So their claim to have the best sports programming is bull**** to me. Plus my internet is faster and I don't have channels that I pay for taken away from me at a moments notice. You guys need to stop felatiating DTV and the NFL. You sound like battered women justifying staying with your ****ty spouse even after he mistreats you and pisses on your mom.

Last edited:
Maybe according to their marketing department. The only thing that I'm missing is sunday ticket but my team plays in the market I live in and RedZone handles everything else just fine. Plus I have Pac-12 network which DTV doesn't. So their claim to have the best sports programming is bull**** to me. Plus my internet is faster and I don't have channels that I pay for taken away from me at a moments notice. You guys need to stop felatiating DTV and the NFL. You sound like battered women.

Once again, this has never been about people that live in the footprint. It's about sports bars, and reaching recruits and alumnus east of Denver. Anyone living in Denver that b*tches about not having the Pac-12 Network only has themselves to blame. And congrats on living in the same market as your NFL tem, anecdotal evidence always furthers the discussion.

fox is streaming a bunch of games online this year. One less reason to need DTV, east coasters.

Maybe according to their marketing department. The only thing that I'm missing is sunday ticket but my team plays in the market I live in and RedZone handles everything else just fine. Plus I have Pac-12 network which DTV doesn't. So their claim to have the best sports programming is bull**** to me. Plus my internet is faster and I don't have channels that I pay for taken away from me at a moments notice. You guys need to stop felatiating DTV and the NFL. You sound like battered women.

Agree. I switched back to Comcast last year after a year with DTV and have been happy I did. I have several friends with DISH and they love it. DTV means more money for the Pac-12 sure, but I think Scott needs to hold his ground here.

Larry Scott wants the same deal that every other carrier agreed to with the Pac-12. Don't know why the hell DTV thinks its so special...

If people actually left DTV instead of being NFL whores it might have actually had an impact. But free Sunday Ticket is just too damn awesome to turn down. I'm just sick of seeing the anti Larry Scott bull**** when DTV/AT&T is/are being the asshole(s) in the situation.
In your opinion,... I think Larry Scott overplayed is little bitty hand and looks like an f-ing idiot, That's my opinion, mine, yours, they both have the same value they are opinions. Add to that the wretched state of our program and I will contiune to be a NFL whore and enjoy every freakin minute of it.

In your opinion,... I think Larry Scott overplayed is little bitty hand and looks like an f-ing idiot, That's my opinion, mine, yours, they both have the same value they are opinions. Add to that the wretched state of our program and I will contiune to be a NFL whore and enjoy every freakin minute of it.

And that's why it won't change. You give DTV it's power. Even after it mistreats you and then you expect a special deal from Larry Scott's little bitty hand while DTV has it's nutsack in your mouth.

Seems to me when your "title sponsor" is now the one leaning on you that they are not thrilled with the bang they are getting for their buck and wont sign up for any more of it. Instead they intend to stop the bleeding and look for a better deal and swallow what is existng and never pay that fee again, set a new precedence. Larry Scott has the #2 P5 conference, and his start times and exposure rival that of the CUSA. So explain to me who is overplaying their said "hand" again ?

It's cool man. You don't like the buffs all that much. Even when they are bad and hard to watch I'll still watch them, legally. Luckily for me I have Pac-12 net and every other channel. My dollars go to the conference not to Roger Goodell. And on the plus side my provider doesn't randomly take away TCM and AMC or threaten to take away NBC. I get to watch whatever I want without worry about contract disputes. I also get the benefit of super fast internet (which is important to me for pr0n and gaming.)

All DTV has is Sunday ticket and they throw the bank at the NFL because it allows them to be douchebags to their costumers and content providers. DTV is the Walmart of cable television providers.

It's cool man. You don't like the buffs all that much. Even when they are bad and hard to watch I'll still watch them, legally. Luckily for me I have Pac-12 net and every other channel. My dollars go to the conference not to Roger Goodell. And on the plus side my provider doesn't randomly take away TCM and AMC or threaten to take away NBC. I get to watch whatever I want without worry about contract disputes. I also get the benefit of super fast internet (which is important to me for pr0n and gaming.)

All DTV has is Sunday ticket and they throw the bank at the NFL because it allows them to be douchebags to their costumers and content providers. DTV is the Walmart of cable television providers.
Really, I have watched every game since i was a kid, had season tickets for 0-10-1 to a NC you freakin douche canoe. You sound like my whining teenage daughter. Might be time to change the napkin

Whore's gonna whore.
Did-that-go-the-way-you-thought-The-Other-Guys.gif

Back