What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 12 network / direct tv (PACN now on fuboTV streaming)

I have Logitech Harmony remotes with all TV's that run macros to get the right platform going on the TV and the Receiver (Cable Box, Roku, and in one case, an XBox). There is no hope of anyone but me troubleshooting it if they don't have it pointed straight at the TV properly for the macro to run its course.

To be fair, I set up it, so I know how all the wires are run. I had AV guys set up our outdoor speakers many years ago. Had them come back for some other work a few months later and had them show me how it was set up yet again - but somehow I can't get those ****ing outdoor speakers to work to save my life...

Logitech Harmony remotes are my bane. I never get them to work like they should.

now days we carry a phone (giving us access to a PC and TV) in our pocket. You would think you could watch whatever you want whenever you want?

My channel guide (Dish) is still showing Washington vs Idaho at 3:00. I'd like to record the game but I'm still trying to figure out where it's being shown. One site said 406-01 but that is the one showing Washington. Guess I'll have to make some phone calls.

My channel guide (Dish) is still showing Washington vs Idaho at 3:00. I'd like to record the game but I'm still trying to figure out where it's being shown. One site said 406-01 but that is the one showing Washington. Guess I'll have to make some phone calls.

P12 Mountain at 3.30

406-02

Now showing up on my channel guide & I just set the recording.

Other than getting the games, I'm very disappointed in the Pac 12 Network programming. Totally sucks.

Other than getting the games, I'm very disappointed in the Pac 12 Network programming. Totally sucks.
What else is there? It's a sports channel. Do you want another ESPN with "experts" spouting their opinionated garbage just to garner ratings?
I have very few issues with the network.

What else is there? It's a sports channel. Do you want another ESPN with "experts" spouting their opinionated garbage just to garner ratings?

The weekly Buffalo Stampede show (hosted by Mark Johnson) is worth watching. New episodes are aired on Pac-12 Mountain at 6 PM on Thursdays.

Agreed. All conference channels are going to lack content as they only have so much they can air.

All I get are the west coast feeds. No Buff Stampede. Hardly any Buff things. No soccer. No volleyball. Buffs that is.

Agreed. All conference channels are going to lack content as they only have so much they can air.
I don't know, maybe they could broadcast more sports?

Cross Country and track and field seem to be sports that a lot of Pac-12 schools are good at, but that are completely ignored by the network.

1. Skiing, gymnastics, beach volleyball, golf, swimming, diving, tennis, rugby wrestling, and fencing are all sports that conference schools participate in at very high levels of competition, but the P12N likes to pretend they don't exist.

2. None of those need to be broadcast live in order to be quality sports entertainment - NBC proves this every 2 years with the Olympics.

3. Not broadcasting live really reduces the costs.

4. "It's not an official P12 sanctioned sport" is a bull**** excuse. A. Most of them are, and B. water polo isn't an official P12 sanctioned sport either, but they still broadcast some of those matches.

The PAC 12 counts any national championships earned by member institutions in its running count, regardless of whether the sport involved is a conference sanctioned sport.

I don't know, maybe they could broadcast more sports?

Cross Country and track and field seem to be sports that a lot of Pac-12 schools are good at, but that are completely ignored by the network.

1. Skiing, gymnastics, beach volleyball, golf, swimming, diving, tennis, rugby wrestling, and fencing are all sports that conference schools participate in at very high levels of competition, but the P12N likes to pretend they don't exist.

2. None of those need to be broadcast live in order to be quality sports entertainment - NBC proves this every 2 years with the Olympics.

3. Not broadcasting live really reduces the costs.

4. "It's not an official P12 sanctioned sport" is a bull**** excuse. A. Most of them are, and B. water polo isn't an official P12 sanctioned sport either, but they still broadcast some of those matches.
Some good examples. I know they broadcast a lot of those sports above. My brother in law coaches one of those sports above and my wife records it when its on, so I know they broadcast them. However, I am guessing they get more viewership of a USC/UCLA re-run from 2004 than they would ever get for a tennis match. Money plays a big role here as well.

I think they should do a little more of a radio-like show where hosts have one different beat writers from the local towns/cities and then some more national guys to just talk about the football/basketball that is going on. Have guys like Adam, Howell, etc. call in for different segments and then also have guys like Joel Klatt give their input. Then they can have their hosts react to what is said. Sort of like what the SEC network does with Finebaum.

Given that AT&T just announced DirecTV Now which is to compete with Sling TV, I wonder how soon the P12N gets on DTV?

I see that as a definite possibility in the future, but as it stands right now I think our distribution agreements with Dish and the cable networks prevents this.

THIS. I hope we don't have to wait until the end of the media rights deals with ESPN, FOX, and other partners.

If I keep listening to radio broadcasts, Mark is gonna give me a damn heart attack for a three yard gain. Lmao.

I cancelled DTV in July and went with Verizon FIOS (doesn't have P12Net). I am certain that DTV will get P12Net soon.

You're welcome.

Reading this board mainly and people I know that have it say it sucks. Direct TV is all I've ever had except Comcast when I lived in an apartment complex.

Back