What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 12 network / direct tv (PACN now on fuboTV streaming)

I don't care anymore. I finally switched to Dish. Well, I do care about the revenue for CU. Just not my previous inability to watch CU football and basketball games on the Pac Net.

With the news that Dish has dropped the NFL network, and the Redzone Channel (which they championed big in advertising) are any of you buying into some of the talk radio rumors that Dish is looking to get out of the sports programming business completely except the standard ESPN ? That they are positioning themselves as the "cut rate" provider, and literally are in the process of cut rating their programming to Hausfrau status ? If this is anywhere close to true Larry has an even bigger problem then the big ass coverage problem he already has. Thoughts ? anyone else hearing anything ?

A friend of mine is in management at Dish along with my old boss (not c suite). They are laying people off everywhere they can so read into that what you will at a publicly traded company that was trying to keep customer service a core value. The NFL wanted to increase the fee a lot more than Dish was willing to accept. Tribune also tried the same thing and their 40 locals were blacked out. Dish has agreeed to come to peoples houses and put an over the air antenna up for free which is a pretty good idea.

Last edited:

Sounds like the realize that the previous provider model is now on shaky ground and theyre waiting for the dust to settle. The option not to even have a vote over selling an equity stake in the P12N to someone like ESPN was pretty telling to me that the Presidents have faith in Scott. After all, its not his fault that no one saw this coming back in 2011.

I switched to Dish. While I'm very happy I'll receive the Pac 12 Network, I have a few complaints. First, the guy who sold me the package said my cost for phone, Internet and TV would be around $190 per month. My recent bill is $228. That oisses me off. I bought an Internet package with 40Mbps service. My iPad measures around 5 for downloads. That pisses me off. Their customer service is AWFUL! That pisses me off. And now I no longer get Fox 31 or the NFL Network. That pisses me off.

Otherwise, I love The Hopper and The Joeys. I love the recording options.

I switched to Dish. While I'm very happy I'll receive the Pac 12 Network, I have a few complaints. First, the guy who sold me the package said my cost for phone, Internet and TV would be around $190 per month. My recent bill is $228. That oisses me off. I bought an Internet package with 40Mbps service. My iPad measures around 5 for downloads. That pisses me off. Their customer service is AWFUL! That pisses me off. And now I no longer get Fox 31 or the NFL Network. That pisses me off.

Yeah I really like everything about Dish except for the fact that I no longer get NFL network, NFL Redzone or the Fox channels. That is A LOT of college and Pro football that I no longer have access to. I will be dumping them in a few months and switching back to Comcast. They're they only ones that have their **** together with everything I need for football season.

Sounds like you are getting pissed on.

I'm definitely annoyed with Dish right now.

I didn't notice that Fox was missing until I tried to watch the end of the final round of the US Open. But I watch Ch 2 news every morning and not having that has been annoying.

Lots of factors could be impacting your iPad wifi download speeds, starting with your wireless router as the most likely culprit. You need to hookup directly to your modem with an ethernet connection to confirm your speeds coming in to the house.

Lots of factors could be impacting your iPad wifi download speeds, starting with your wireless router as the most likely culprit. You need to hookup directly to your modem with an ethernet connection to confirm your speeds coming in to the house.
Thanks. I'll test it at the desktop.

I never had anything but Comcast so I guess I don't have any real comparison but they are awesome in my eyes.

I never had anything but Comcast so I guess I don't have any real comparison but they are awesome in my eyes.
They are pricey but have never really had issues with this stuff. To me, it's worth the extra cost to not deal with it. Not having to wipe off a dish during a snow storm is a major plus too.

They are pricey but have never really had issues with this stuff. To me, it's worth the extra cost to not deal with it. Not having to wipe off a dish during a snow storm is a major plus too.
Yeah I just call every three or four months to complain and they drop the price. If my dog wasn't such an ass hole and stopped digging up the cable wire and chewing through it I would have zero issues lol.

Yeah. I had to do that at least twice last winter.

Yeah I just call every three or four months to complain and they drop the price. If my dog wasn't such an ass hole and stopped digging up the cable wire and chewing through it I would have zero issues lol.
Yeah. I had to do that at least twice last winter.

My old dog used to do that. Try coating the wire with hot sauce or chili powder when you rebury. Won't hurt the dog but their sensitive mouths and noses don't like it, once they taste it they should leave the cable alone.

My old dog used to do that. Try coating the wire with hot sauce or chili powder when you rebury. Won't hurt the dog but their sensitive mouths and noses don't like it, once they taste it they should leave the cable alone.
Yeah I have a husky so he doesn't give a **** about spices he will dig though anything. I just put it at the top of the fence and he doesn't care. He only cares if you bury smothering, it's a game to him lol.

Yeah I have a husky so he doesn't give a **** about spices he will dig though anything. I just put it at the top of the fence and he doesn't care. He only cares if you bury smothering, it's a game to him lol.

Ask your vet, there are certainly some things out there that are enough of a deterrent that are still harmless.

Had a neighbor once who's dog kept digging under the fence and escaping, even when he buried 18 inches of fence. He laid a line of electric fence underground, dog stopped quickly and never went back to it but I don't think I would want to shock my dog like that.

Directv goes out all the time come on.
I never have issues with it going out, never lose channels and often times get Sunday ticket for free. I wish they did have the Pac 12 network, but my parents have Comcast, I can watch anything at their place when something is only on the Pac 12 network. I also always have my dish installed low on the house and close to a door so if it as a bad snow storm it's easier to brush off (happens once or twice a winter).

When it comes to the Pac 12 network I would love to support it, but I'm not going to an inferior product to do so. I just decided to donate an exra $100 to the excellence fund each year which is more that CU would get than the small share me subscribing to it on dish or Comcast would net them. I know it doesn't help the conference or the network, but it still supports CU athletics.

I dropped Dish a few weeks ago. My local cable company (TDS) that already does my phone and internet offered a deal that was a lot cheaper for me. Not as much programing but right now I need the money more than a bunch of stuff I don't watch. I actually haven't hooked up the cable yet, we are just on antenna but will before the season starts.

And to me the PAC12 network is the key. I get all the NFL I want over free TV but I want my Buffs and I want a good signal for them. No PAC12 means that I wouldn't consider Direct no matter how good a deal they offered.

By the way, I hate comcast
Send "many thanks" to your local municipalities for allowing cable monopolies in their respective jurisdictions (in exchange for large campaign donations to siting councilmembers). With fat and lucrative service monopolies, the cable guys have no incentives to compete with the satellite cos.

A buddy of mine (and fellow CU alum) used to work for Dish. He described it as a horrible, soul-sucking place to work. They literally track the movements of every single employee from when they enter and exit the building to how long they are away from their desk throughout the day.

Back