What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 Season News (2017)

Who would have predicted we would win the south this year?

Nobody.

So, while on the surface USC seems like the obvious choice to win the south, I'll refrain from making any predictions. Too much can happen.

I'll say this, though: watch out for Oregon State next year. They remind me a lot of what we looked like in 2015. We have to go there next season and that game is far from a gimme.

Oregon State is going to be better than most of us think. They remind me a lot of CU in 2015. They are getting their sh!t together. They will beat some teams they shouldn't next year. We could be one of them.

I think Oregon State is going to be a lot better than most people think.
My apologies. You didn't directly state that they would challenge for the North, although, I would argue that in the context of a few of the threads these gems were posted in, that could be inferred.

My apologies. You didn't directly state that they would challenge for the North, although, I would argue that in the context of a few of the threads these gems were posted in, that could be inferred.
So, basically I said they'd be better than we thought, but never once said they'd win the north.

Apology accepted.

And I'll admit that I was wrong. They're not better than we thought they'd be.

Not that he'd been putting up big numbers or anything, but Starks was a big back that added an important short yardage toughness to UCLA's run game by committee. Significant loss for them.

Yeah, totally. Unsuspecting fan who is celebrating deserves to be absolutely leveled by D1 football player in full pads because they rushed the field. Makes total sense :rolleyes:

Imagine the uproar from everybody if a couple fans decided to blind side an opposing player in that situation.

"Sorry didn't see him" or "I had to protect myself". Seriously though, you have to be pretty stupid to run across the other team while they are exiting to their locker room.

Yeah, totally. Unsuspecting fan who is celebrating deserves to be absolutely leveled by D1 football player in full pads because they rushed the field. Makes total sense :rolleyes:

Imagine the uproar from everybody if a couple fans decided to blind side an opposing player in that situation.
How is that even close to a reasonable analogy? Players are allowed on the field, fans are not. If fans enter the field, that's at their own risk.

How is that even close to a reasonable analogy? Players are allowed on the field, fans are not. If fans enter the field, that's at their own risk.
I'd bet a mediocre lawyer could easily win a civil suit (or whatever it'd be called) on that USC player for doing that, had he actually caused any injury. Just because fans are rushing the field doesn't give a player the right to just maliciously go after them.

I'd bet a mediocre lawyer could easily win a civil suit (or whatever it'd be called) on that USC player for doing that, had he actually caused any injury. Just because fans are rushing the field doesn't give a player the right to just maliciously go after them.

I agree, but great pancake.

You're comparing that to a fan blind siding a player on the field which is ridiculous.

Now, if a player ran up into the stands and got clocked by a fan sitting there it's still wrong but I'd blame the player for entering the stands.

You know I like you TSchek, but when you start a point with:

”I'd bet a mediocre lawyer could easily win a civil suit (or whatever it'd be called)”

Should anyone read further?

Pretty lame if they press charges. The only sports related time I think charges were warranted was when Ron Artest ran into the crowd and beat the crap out of an innocent guy.
Maybe. Depends on how injured the guy ended up being from this situation. A Division 1 OL-sized player in full pads intentionally leveled an unsuspecting fan for no reason, when there were hundreds, if not thousands of other fans on the field as well. Just an example of University of Spoiled Children not getting their way and taking our their frustration.

Back