What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Paterno is out tonight / Possible riots at PSU?

Having read a few more things it sounds like the "whistle blower" law may apply to firing McQueary. Anyone have any comments or knowledge of that law? Guess that would be the ONLY reason they have kept him around so far.

Having read a few more things it sounds like the "whistle blower" law may apply to firing McQueary. Anyone have any comments or knowledge of that law? Guess that would be the ONLY reason they have kept him around so far.

Cal84 posted about it in another thread last night. Look at the other long Paterno thread here.

Why so people keep writting that "we don't all the facts?" As they pertain to Paterno yes we do, they came staright from his mouth in his grand jurory testimony. And he has even said that in hindsight he should have done more. And if there are other details that we don't it's very likely that these things would be even more damning to Paterno, such as a role he played in a coverup. It's hard to believe that as the czar of everything Penn State he didn't know that his friend and assistant coach had twice prior to the lockeroom incident been accused of molesting young boys especially when it appears that Sandusky was essentially forced into retirement in 1999.

Hey, BIGREDTROLL, since people keep quoting you I have to keep absorbing your pointlessness. If you never showed up here again, you would never know if your sainted institution was mentioned. Problems solved!

The media was unprofessional during that news conference but the vice chair board who is by the way the CEO of US Steel so he's no slouch was kind of asking for it by giving vague, "canned" answers to everything that was asked. If you're going to to make a move like this you better be able to explain it better then just repeating that "it was in the best interest of the university" over and over. Especially when there are discrepancies in how this was handled with Mcqueary being allowed to still coach and AD Curly being allowed to take take a leave of absence and even having his legal fees being payed the school.

Tom Rinaldi thinking he's at Ohio STate

[video=youtube;GeDCdhrppoc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeDCdhrppoc&feature=player_embedded[/video]

[video]http://www.twitvid.com/TUFTQ[/video]

I'll give Rinaldi some leeway here, he was probably up all night and was, after all, "under siege"

The media was unprofessional during that news conference but the vice chair board who is by the way the CEO of US Steel so he's no slouch was kind of asking for it by giving vague, "canned" answers to everything that was asked. If you're going to to make a move like this you better be able to explain it better then just repeating that "it was in the best interest of the university" over and over. Especially when there are discrepancies in how this was handled with Mcqueary being allowed to still coach and AD Curly being allowed to take take a leave of absence and even having his legal fees being payed the school.
Very botched presser, I really couldn't believe what I was watching until I remembered Bitsy in front of the cameras years ago.

Very botched presser, I really couldn't believe what I was watching until I remembered Bitsy in front of the cameras years ago.

several people think they forgot to check credentials at the door. a couple of the guys shouting questions at the vice chair were wearing penn state t-shirts, for god´s sake.

several people think they forgot to check credentials at the door. a couple of the guys shouting questions at the vice chair were wearing penn state t-shirts, for god´s sake.
Oh definitely, many of the questions were from students who were simply louder or more assertive than the actual media.

Why so people keep writting that "we don't all the facts?" As they pertain to Paterno yes we do, they came staright from his mouth in his grand jurory testimony. And he has even said that in hindsight he should have done more. And if there are other details that we don't it's very likely that these things would be even more damning to Paterno, such as a role he played in a coverup. It's hard to believe that as the czar of everything Penn State he didn't know that his friend and assistant coach had twice prior to the lockeroom incident been accused of molesting young boys especially when it appears that Sandusky was essentially forced into retirement in 1999.
I really dont think we do have all the facts probably but surely the ones we do have are unthinkable enough. Anybody that doesnt think Jopa absolutely had to be fired really makes me wonder but thats jmho.

Last edited:
I really dont think we do have the facts probably but surely the ones we do have are unthinkable enough. Anybody that doesnt think Jopa absolutely had to be fired really makes me wonder but thats jmho.

I agree. We don't have all of the facts, but the ones we do have are bad enough that it warrants cleaning house, IMO. Sounds like worse stuff might be coming out, too...

Sounds like Joe Pa might end up being glad he was sent packing before all of the facts come out.

Anybody catch that news conference the governor just had? Looks like it's gonna be a huge investigation.

Why do you continue to try and bring Nebraska into this situation? I'm just curious.......................I think it's ridiculous that you're trying to and I just can't see how you can compare the two programs in your head right now?

dude....it's a Buff fan. We're mentioned in every thread. I take it as a badge of honor :thumbsup2:
Yeah, your right. Somehow it got ingrained into me. Maybe I was a little pissed at the kamel comments about the "scandal" ****, as the nub fans love to keep bringing up, and the accusation that CU players raped women.

Anybody catch that news conference the governor just had? Looks like it's gonna be a huge investigation.

Did he say that the program was an embarrassment to the state of Pennsylvania?

cogovboa.jpg

Yeah, your right. Somehow it got ingrained into me. Maybe I was a little pissed at the kamel comments about the "scandal" ****, as the nub fans love to keep bringing up, and the accusation that CU players raped women.

In their defense, when we make accusations about steroids, abuse of women, hiding guns and hypocritically manipulating coach's polls... they know them to be true. I can see how they'd get the impression that every accusation against a football program has merit.

Why was the PSU President fired?
Sorry... missed this one on Page 18 or so... PSU's ex-prez Spanier (often spelled G$pan) is a "trained family therapist" who probably has some experience with child molestation. But allowing sodomizing child-rape cases to go unreported was his choice.

Fired. Oh yeah. Lose all professional licensing possibilities? That would be KIND to any potential patient, at least.

90 rioters have been named by police:

Fred Paterno, Jim Paterno, Jane Paterno, Adam Paterno, Mary Paterno... Damn, Joe!

I don't know what comments you're talking about, but okay. I obviously have no beef with you, was just wondering more than anything. Oh and in case this gets quoted and zbuff see's it again.......................I give a **** what you have to say turbo.

Back