What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Paterno is out tonight / Possible riots at PSU?

OMG, WTF is STuart Scott talking about? Bringing up the Cavs 3 game winning streak last year? This guy is a ****ing moron.

Junc was talking about bigbang (interesting name for this discussion, btw) not knowing how to spell Sandusky's name....so his post was fine. You might want to preview your posts.

Oh ... excuse me for not reading 14+ pages of posts in order to ascertain the context of his post. Just naturally assumed Junc was being his usual ignorant self.

My bad. :rolling_eyes:

Why won't you just read the GJ report? It's all in there. Just read it.

Do you believe everything you read in a GJ report?

If so ... you might want to re-think that.

Abuses Detailed in Colorado Football Program

[SIZE=-1]By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS [/SIZE]

d.gif
ENVER, March 1 (AP) - The grand jury that investigated Colorado's football program found that two female trainers said they had been sexually assaulted by an assistant coach, and that a slush fund was created with money from Coach Gary Barnett's football camp, according to a report leaked to the news media.

Money was kept in 16 or 17 cash boxes, each managed by a different person with little oversight, according to the grand jury's findings, which were obtained by KUSA-TV and shared with The Denver Post.

On Tuesday, a person speaking on condition of anonymity who has seen the grand jury report confirmed the accuracy of the news reports to The Associated Press.

The grand jury reported that two trainers said they had been sexually assaulted by an assistant coach and that one was "coerced to perform sexual favors for players and recruits repeatedly over a two-year period." It was not immediately clear if the women testified to the grand jury.

The grand jury, which finished meeting last Aug. 19, handed up a single indictment accusing Nathan Maxcey, a former football recruiting aide, of soliciting a prostitute for himself and misusing a college-issued cellphone. Maxcey has not entered a plea. It was not clear why the panel did not issue more indictments.

The scandal surfaced a year ago. At least nine women have said they were assaulted by Colorado football players or recruits since 1997. A parallel investigation by Ken Salazar, the attorney general at the time, resulted in no charges; prosecutors cited concerns about evidence and the reluctance of the women to go forward with the cases.

Dan Hopkins, a spokesman for Gov. Bill Owens, said Owens would consult with Attorney General John Suthers about whether an investigation should be reopened.

In statements issued Monday night, Barnett said he could not comment because of grand jury secrecy rules. The president at Colorado, Betsy Hoffman, said the university did not tolerate sexual harassment and had made changes in the athletic department.

District Judge Jeff Bayless had ruled that the grand jury report should remain secret. The state attorney general's office is appealing the decision and wants the report made public.

The report concurred with an independent commission's finding last year that players used sex, alcohol and marijuana as recruiting tools without the football staff encouraging or sanctioning it. Grand jurors added that officials' denial of knowledge about the practices "demonstrates either conscious disregard of these circumstances or a lack of oversight of recruiting practices."

In November, The Rocky Mountain News published details of an audit report presented to the grand jury that questioned numerous unexplained transactions, including $780,000 in deposits to the Gary Barnett Football Technique School. The audit said the use of "large amounts" of money labeled petty cash was undocumented.

Not saying that the facts enumerated in the PSU GJ report aren't true ... I have no idea, and as I said in another post if even one of them is true it is damning ... just saying that a GJ report isn't admissible as evidence in court for a good reason, i.e., lack of the opportunity for cross-examination by the defense.

Last edited:
still not the same. at all. Anonymous reporting with unclear facts v indictments for perjury and a release of the text of the grand jury report. One is sensationalist inferences and the other is facts based on sworn testimony.

still not the same. at all. Anonymous reporting with unclear facts v indictments for perjury and a release of the text of the grand jury report. One is sensationalist inferences and the other is facts based on sworn testimony without the benefit of cross-examination in order to determine the veracity of the witnesses.

fify

Last edited:
Oh ... excuse me for not reading 14+ pages of posts in order to ascertain the context of his post. Just naturally assumed Junc was being his usual ignorant self.

My bad. :rolling_eyes:

Seriously? You accused someone of making a mistake, even though it was clear to the rest of us he didn't. When that's pointed out you retreat to the "Well excuuuuuse me" defense?

You didn't actually need to read all 14 pages. Only Junc's post with the quote from Big Bang. Nothing more...it was all in there, just like Ragu.

I don't have a problem with folks making mistakes. But it's annoying that you were quick to point out someone else's mistake (gleeful even?) but then defensive when you were wrong.

Does that all make sense?

Tom Rinaldi thinking he's at Ohio STate

[video=youtube;GeDCdhrppoc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeDCdhrppoc&feature=player_embedded[/video]

CNN host asks guest when PSU next game is when she is covering the PSU PC and fake "riots"
[video]http://www.twitvid.com/TUFTQ[/video]

Last edited:
Students now chanting "**** Sandusky" at least they are focusing on the right thing now.

I have a feeling there will be some sort of protest by the students at the game on saturday.

Seriously? You accused someone of making a mistake, even though it was clear to the rest of us he didn't. When that's pointed out you retreat to the "Well excuuuuuse me" defense?

You didn't actually need to read all 14 pages. Only Junc's post with the quote from Big Bang. Nothing more...it was all in there, just like Ragu.

I don't have a problem with folks making mistakes. But it's annoying that you were quick to point out someone else's mistake (gleeful even?) but then defensive when you were wrong.

Does that all make sense?

Go easy on L. He's been trying to show me up on something for years now. It always ends up the other way around. Tonight he finally thought he had me, but once again he was just woefully underinformed and slow on the uptake. I'm sure it's a very difficult time for him right now, so please take it easy on him.

or

:lol: :rofl: :rofl2: :lol: :rofl: :rofl2: :lol: :rofl: :rofl2: :lol: :rofl: :rofl2: Way to make an ass of yourself again, L....:lol: :rofl: :rofl2: :lol: :rofl: :rofl2: :lol: :rofl: :rofl2: :lol: :rofl: :rofl2:

Back