What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Paterno is out tonight / Possible riots at PSU?

After reading the article, I am amazed at his attorney for letting him talk. The dude really is his own worst enemy, he just can't help but try to convince all the rest of us he is actually helping these boys when he molests them. As others have observed, he is a full blown pedo who thinks he is doing good to those victims. Lock him away in a deep dark cell and try to forget he ever existed.

I wonder what Mrs. Sandusky thinks?

After reading the article, I am amazed at his attorney for letting him talk. The dude really is his own worst enemy, he just can't help but try to convince all the rest of us he is actually helping these boys when he molests them. As others have observed, he is a full blown pedo who thinks he is doing good to those victims. Lock him away in a deep dark cell and try to forget he ever existed.

Conspiracy theory.

Is his attorney working with others, knowing that Sandusky is toast no matter what happens, to try to draw more of the attention back to Sandusky and away from the other players in the drama and Penn State itself?

Maybe even Sandusky knows what is going on here and is part of it knowing that the evidence is going to put him away for the rest of his life, try to "make up" for the damage he has done to the university and his friends including JoePa.

Zero evidence of this whatsoever but might make sense as to why he is suddenly talking to everyone. He is in his 60's and facing going to jail as a rapist of little boys. Whether he gets 15 years or 500 doesn't really make a difference, he is going to be leaving jail in a box. His only hope is to a) delay going to jail as long as possible, and b) try to make up to his friends for the damage he has done them in some small way.

Agree - anybody who watched a few seconds of the interview would be convinced the guy is not normal. His attorney has to be a real grade A moron.

Last edited:
After reading the article, I am amazed at his attorney for letting him talk. The dude really is his own worst enemy, he just can't help but try to convince all the rest of us he is actually helping these boys when he molests them. As others have observed, he is a full blown pedo who thinks he is doing good to those victims. Lock him away in state penitentiary and let the other inmates do what they usually do to pedophiles. Let the guards ignore his pleas for help.

fify

A cop friend of mine basically explained that this is exactly how most child molesters feel. They just don't think they've done anything wrong.
Which I just cannot process. Thankfully. So, is pedophilia a mental anomoly/sickness and would you use it as a defense? If you did, could you argue that it is "temporary?" if you were his attorney, would you attempt to get him committed for his own safety regardless of your personal feelings? What if you have three sons? His attorney said "Absolutely! I would leaven kids alone with him!" Really? Would you say, "Hey! Jerry, I've got a tee time at 11:00. Mind watching Butch?" **** no you wouldn't. But you would say you would. You would say, "Jerry, no way you are close to my kid. But I'll see you in court. We will beat this!" That will be $250."

Last edited:
So why is McQueary changing his story now? Saying he stopped it to emails to former players but didn't say that in the grand jury. Who is this kid that the Sandusky's lawyer dug up to say he didn't do it in 2002? What happens if the one eyewitness event to the rape (mike m) isn't believed by the jury? Is Sandusky going to get out of this?

From what I heard on ESPN this morning, McQueary did tell the grand jury that he tried to stop it but it simply wasn't put into the testimony because it wasn't seen as being relevant to what he witnessed between Sandusky and the boy. Apparently only what needs to be in the grand jury testimony gets put in there.

Regarding the Sandusky interview, he certainly wasn't very convincing in that interview.

I was thinking the exact same thing, that I wonder what Mrs. Sandusky thinks of all this. I'd like someone to interview her.

She's probably thinking about what "sloppy seconds" meant for her and is filling every orifice with bleach.

This is something the Big 10 could actually do. I'm not sure they would, or if it's allowable according to the Big 10 bylaws, but the conference controls a big portion of the revenues that go to each school. If the Big 10 wants to send a message, this would be a good way to do it. I doubt they will, but who knows?

Can't do it per NCAA regulations......

Every single kid would be ineligible to compete....

Conspiracy theory... Zero evidence of this whatsoever but might make sense as to why
Mtn, I've thought exactly the same. "Why?" and then dredged up every thinkable answer - and what about the Unthinkables? Your "making it easy for others" idea seems awfully kind. But Jerry's a swell guy, apparently. I've wondered - more - if his rambling answers weren't well constructed/rehearsed. If I was going to The Ringleaders (be that as it may), I'd be saying, "See? Jerry will cave or fall apart, and he'll be begging for deals - you guys better get it together because HE WILL." If someone thinks Jerry's gonna remain silent and protect others, I think his interview performance should be an indicator that he won't.

But what does that mean? "Well, there IS a ring - there ARE others." Hard to believe. But I guess Birds Of A Perv flock together. Like DBT wrote, "unimaginable". Yep.

I don't know that Jerry will be The Lone Gunman. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Jack Ruby cruising around either. Rocks thru the back window is one thing. Laser-red-dots wouldn't be so difficult either.

I did chortle at the "bleaching every orifice" comment, but I suspect she'd done that long, LONG ago and never needed to afterwards. When Jerry uses the phrase "Sexual Needs" as he's talking about not using EVERY young person, I suspect he's got that great excuse. "My wife cut me off!" Yeah? Gee - why, Jerry? You're such a nice guy-!! Yeah. Right.

As for McQueary, I still think this is yet another huge piece of shrapnel. He turns a corner, sees what he sees, and his life-as-he-knows-it is over. He doesn't realize it, but I think he does now. There was NO ACT that would not ruin his life. He could blast him, kill him, do whatever to free the rape-victim. And then it'd STILL be McQueary-the-GA's word against Great Local Legend-And-Adored-By-Millions Sandusky.

Without cameras - probably iMax 3D, too - McQueary's life was done.

He was a grad student, seeking something more from his hometown school. That's all he ever wanted to do - play football there (he did), get degrees there (he did) and teach/coach there.

The His-Word-Against-Mine arguments. The What-Did-You-Do and Why-Didn't-You-Do-More ("Where's to iMax cameras?!! Why weren't they rolling?") argument. Look at those thousand students that rioted. McQueary turned that corner and his life was ruined.

He HAD to think - at some point - "OK, I'm gonna lose no matter what - why not get my degree, take the job and try to NOT let Jerry sodomize MY life anymore? Why keep piling victims up for Jerry's cause?"

But now, my question remains: "You worked for those people for 10 years - the ones that protected and sheltered Sandusky? Helped him even?"

It's tough to blame a hometown kid for having dreams of living in that hometown for all of his life. It's tough to criticize McQueary for that.

But he turned that corner, and life was never - and never will be - the same for him. But life as a witness still isn't like the life of a victim.

Just a simple turn of a corner...

Mtn, I've thought exactly the same. "Why?" and then dredged up every thinkable answer - and what about the Unthinkables? Your "making it easy for others" idea seems awfully kind. But Jerry's a swell guy, apparently. I've wondered - more - if his rambling answers weren't well constructed/rehearsed. If I was going to The Ringleaders (be that as it may), I'd be saying, "See? Jerry will cave or fall apart, and he'll be begging for deals - you guys better get it together because HE WILL." If someone thinks Jerry's gonna remain silent and protect others, I think his interview performance should be an indicator that he won't.

But what does that mean? "Well, there IS a ring - there ARE others." Hard to believe. But I guess Birds Of A Perv flock together. Like DBT wrote, "unimaginable". Yep.

I don't know that Jerry will be The Lone Gunman. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Jack Ruby cruising around either. Rocks thru the back window is one thing. Laser-red-dots wouldn't be so difficult either.

I did chortle at the "bleaching every orifice" comment, but I suspect she'd done that long, LONG ago and never needed to afterwards. When Jerry uses the phrase "Sexual Needs" as he's talking about not using EVERY young person, I suspect he's got that great excuse. "My wife cut me off!" Yeah? Gee - why, Jerry? You're such a nice guy-!! Yeah. Right.
Jerry was protected. For a long time. You can just about bet there are some people with juice who shared his tastes. This isn't uncommon. Go read about Marc Detroux in Belgium, or read "The Franklin Cover-Up" if you find a copy and can stomach it.

Left, I could not. But I can't disagree with your concept - we all know there are far too many sickos to believe we've finally ended it. But I think these all-boys-cults - and they have a lot of historical names, and some new ones, too, all their secret handshakes, nods, winks, nudge nudges - they're all capable of covering up who-knows-what. Yeah, the Real Manly Way. Uh huh. Turn the light on, watch the roaches scurry.

His attorney has to be a real grade A moron.

I cannot imagine any attorney that would have greenlighted that interview. I'll bet he wasn't even aware that Sandusky was doing the interview until he was watching it on TV, furiously dialing his client to tell him to STFU. Even a greenhorn public defender knows better.

In a previous career I worked as a probation officer to sex offenders. You can't fathom the cognitive disconnect these guys have- I can't tell how often you hear things like "that 6 year old came on to me"; things like that. And most of them believe that stuff too. They excuse their own behavior unlike any other criminal - no empathy for victims whatsoever; even the ones that fully admit their guilt tend to minimize or hide their true impulses. It's not a thought process that normal folks can comprehend. It's an incurable pathology - that's why so many are being sentenced to lifetime supervision these days.

JPC - actually, according to the Costas production crew, they were talking only to the attorney and HE VOLUNTEERED JERRY'S INTERVIEW! Yes. He asked Bob Costas if they could get Jerry on the line.

Not the other way around! Costas said he "knew better than to ask for Jerry", but the attorney volunteered Jerry's participation.

This is why yesterday's headlines were filled with "Defense attorneys around the country baffled by interview".

JPC, another comment about your past life's expertise... one of the bigger horrors that no one is mentioning - "What if Jerry's "kids" - his adopted kids and all those who continued to visit him - what if they stand up for him? What if they claim 'no abuse'?"

What will that REALLY mean? "No abuse" truly, or "I too was abused and covering up for Jerry gives me a chance to continue my OWN predatory ways"? After all, most abusers suffered like that as kids themselves, so will "No Past Abuse" be merely their way of covering up not a past of embarrassment, but a current reality of predation?

Last edited:
I heard Lavar Arrington speak about it, that dude was pissed. I dont blame him, he felt used as well im sure. If you havent heard him in that interview, its a good listen from someone that knows him. Why keeps coming up alot. I cant answer that because im not them. The only thing I can say, at least how it looks, is you have a sick mofo and a university that looked the other way. They acted once the heat got put on, otherwise, we probably never hear about this.

LaVar's first radio interview - last Monday morning - had little anger. It was almost 100% shock. Shell-shocked. He said, at one point, choking on every breath. "I worked with him. I worked with him work with those kids. Was I setting them up for him? I am sick." And he meant "I am now sick to my stomach."

His voice made that clear - he was NOW SICK inside him at the very thought that, while he was at PSU, he could have ever helped Jerry 'get' kids by using Lavar and every other PSU player and famous alum. Think about Cal Ripken and Arnold Palmer, doing those events for Second Mile. So many celebrities, so many folks that Sandusky's shrapnel might injure so badly.

Matt Millen's first TV interview, that Sunday night, had him frothing. "I want to take care of this myself. If this is true, I want to take care of it myself. I know it's wrong, but that's what I want to do."

As those people get interviewed by the FBI about the "missing boys" allegations, seeing photos of boys standing between them and Sandusky ("Do you recognize this boy? He's been missing" or "Do you remember him? He said he was a victim", each of them might be thinking exactly like Matt and LaVar.

LaVar's first radio interview - last Monday morning - had little anger. It was almost 100% shock. Shell-shocked. He said, at one point, choking on every breath. "I worked with him. I worked with him work with those kids. Was I setting them up for him? I am sick." And he meant "I am now sick to my stomach."

His voice made that clear - he was NOW SICK inside him at the very thought that, while he was at PSU, he could have ever helped Jerry 'get' kids by using Lavar and every other PSU player and famous alum. Think about Cal Ripken and Arnold Palmer, doing those events for Second Mile. So many celebrities, so many folks that Sandusky's shrapnel might injure so badly.

Matt Millen's first TV interview, that Sunday night, had him frothing. "I want to take care of this myself. If this is true, I want to take care of it myself. I know it's wrong, but that's what I want to do."

As those people get interviewed by the FBI about the "missing boys" allegations, seeing photos of boys standing between them and Sandusky ("Do you recognize this boy? He's been missing" or "Do you remember him? He said he was a victim", each of them might be thinking exactly like Matt and LaVar.
Have u heard the most recent one? Dude was very pissed and he obviously didnt buy Sandusky's interview. Seeing that guy play, I dont know I would want to make him mad.

Wonder now, McQueary is saying he reported to police. If any evidence shows up that he did and anything comes up to indicate that Paterno or the AD, or anyone from the university influenced a supression of the investigation then everything that has happened so far is going to look minor league.

As it stands I still think that we have just seen the tip of the iceberg. Lots of people are working very hard to try to get the cats back in the bag but as more and more comes out the strategy is going to turn to trying to put the blame on others rather than hide it, when that happens it will get very ugly.

Why? The NCAA has control over student athletics. It doesn't have control over what athletic department personnel do away from the field.

I would see no problem with PSU deciding to shut down the program, although I have no idea what that is supposed to do to help the victims. But if the NCAA has the power to shut down a program because of the off-field action of a coach or coaches, it's even more out of control than I think it is...

So your theory is that this was perpetrated by an NCAA football coach inside an NCAA football locker room/shower, witnessed by an NCAA football grad assistant who reported it to an NCAA head football coach who reported it to an NCAA AD, but it has nothing to do with the NCAA? Interesting.

BTW, SMU's death penalty was handed down because players were being paid and the "athletic department personnel" looked the other way. Seems pretty off-the-field to me... As for the other arguments, almost all NCAA penalties come well after the fact and affect players and coaches that had nothing to do with the violations. I personally think this lack of institutional control - hell, their explicit buy-in led to criminal charges - is so much worse than SMU's that it warrants implementing the death penalty.

JPC - actually, according to the Costas production crew, they were talking only to the attorney and HE VOLUNTEERED JERRY'S INTERVIEW! Yes. He asked Bob Costas if they could get Jerry on the line.

Not the other way around! Costas said he "knew better than to ask for Jerry", but the attorney volunteered Jerry's participation.

This is why yesterday's headlines were filled with "Defense attorneys around the country baffled by interview".

Jeebus. I haven't been paying attention to that due to work demands. Entirely perplexing. That guy should be disbarred.

JPC, another comment about your past life's expertise... one of the bigger horrors that no one is mentioning - "What if Jerry's "kids" - his adopted kids and all those who continued to visit him - what if they stand up for him? What if they claim 'no abuse'?"

What will that REALLY mean? "No abuse" truly, or "I too was abused and covering up for Jerry gives me a chance to continue my OWN predatory ways"?

Here's the trick to offenders - more often than not, they are very specific about their victim profile. As in; they show a tendency towards 11 year old boys, but not 8 year olds or 13 year olds. No girls. Or, only 15 year old girls and 6 year old boys. And they might key in on blond hair, or a kid's certain personality that they can groom. It takes years in mandatory counseling and testing (polygraphs, plethysmographs, etc) to determine an offender's triggers. So it's entirely possible that there are hundreds of kids that never got a whiff of Sandusky's advances, and would be completely shocked that he's capable of this. That's because he had no interest in those kids, and/or he sensed that he could not groom them into victims.

After all, most abusers suffered like that as kids themselves, so will "No Past Abuse" be merely their way of covering up not a past of embarrassment, but a current reality of predation?
Common perception, but not a predictive variable, based on the research. Sexually abused children have all kinds of problems in adulthood - violence, substance abuse, prostitution, etc - but they don't pose a statistically higher predisposition to sexually offend on children themselves. Rape behavior (on adults - different than pedophilia) could be more common in adults who were victimized as children. But it's been over a decade since I was up to date on the research. Adult rape is more likely about violence and power than about sexual attraction, whereas pedophilia is more likely about abnormal sexual impulses. Although those behaviors can intersect with true psychopaths / sadists. Sandusky may fall in that category too.

JPC, thanks for the discussion about how difficult it is to find triggers. Could Jerry's comments about "I don't seek out EVERY young person for sexual needs..." be any more clear or supportive of your comments? NOT EVEN IF THEY WERE WRITTEN SIDE BY SIDE.

Also, your correction about "common" misperception about abuse-victims becoming abusers themselves. I'll still be left wondering that in so many cases. It would be interesting to see what experts who meet/view the true victims can detect as a trigger (from years ago, when as you said, it could be the malleable personality, or blonde hair that is now brown, etc.) have to say about the children that Jerry elected to adopt.

I think of the story of one of his sons coming into that household, entering into a suicide pact with another 'step' sister (which failed on both counts) and then the birth moms wondering about the quality of care those kids actually received in that 'foster environment'.

So many questions and we'll never 'close the deal', I know. Even Jerry's answers will be his and his alone. Thanks for the comments.

I think you are too old for Sandusky.

LOL

Normally I would agree that we should wait for specific evidence but in this case the amount of stuff that has already come out, the nature of what has come out, the hesitant acknowledgement of certain facts already by the parties involved, etc. can lead us to be pretty sure that something happened with Sandusky and the Paterno and the PSU administration knew enough to stop it and didn't.

We still may see some changes in degrees of severity and response but I feel pretty confident right now that Sandusky should have been arrested, Paterno and the administrators who had knowledge and didn't act should have been fired and should be subject to further investigation, and that a high probability exist that others were involved as well.

We probably will never know everything that happened even after the courts take their shot at this case but even with what we know I am confident that action had to be taken and additional action still needs to be taken.

Back