What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Paterno is out tonight / Possible riots at PSU?

LOL

Normally I would agree that we should wait for specific evidence but in this case the amount of stuff that has already come out, the nature of what has come out, the hesitant acknowledgement of certain facts already by the parties involved, etc. can lead us to be pretty sure that something happened with Sandusky and the Paterno and the PSU administration knew enough to stop it and didn't.

We still may see some changes in degrees of severity and response but I feel pretty confident right now that Sandusky should have been arrested, Paterno and the administrators who had knowledge and didn't act should have been fired and should be subject to further investigation, and that a high probability exist that others were involved as well.

We probably will never know everything that happened even after the courts take their shot at this case but even with what we know I am confident that action had to be taken and additional action still needs to be taken.
I'm certain Sandusky is guilty, BTW. Its just all the "who knew what, when, and where?" stuff that I'm not certain about.

I'm certain Sandusky is guilty, BTW. Its just all the "who knew what, when, and where?" stuff that I'm not certain about.

At this point the details are still not clear but we already have statements from and/or involving Paterno and the administration of the university that leave little doubt that Paterno, the AD, and the president knew something was going on and that the didn't stop it. You can question how much they knew, you can argue that they did "something" in retiring Sandusky and maybe talking with him. As educators this is not enough, morally or legally.

In the process of trying to defend their actions these people have already admitted that they had a degree of knowledge and involvement. JoePa's comments regarding "should have done more." make it clear that he had knowledge and involvement. Comments from others involved do the same.

Bottom line is that any number of people could have put a stop to this by simply getting the police or child protective services involved and didn't. The unstated part that is clearly evident is that they tried to keep it in house to prevent embarassment of themselves and football program. When these actions result in ongoing violation of children, regardless of the reason, then those involved have to be held accountable and what they stand for has to be returned to it's rightfull place behind the health and safety of the children.

At this point the details are still not clear but we already have statements from and/or involving Paterno and the administration of the university that leave little doubt that Paterno, the AD, and the president knew something was going on and that the didn't stop it. You can question how much they knew, you can argue that they did "something" in retiring Sandusky and maybe talking with him. As educators this is not enough, morally or legally.

In the process of trying to defend their actions these people have already admitted that they had a degree of knowledge and involvement. JoePa's comments regarding "should have done more." make it clear that he had knowledge and involvement. Comments from others involved do the same.

Bottom line is that any number of people could have put a stop to this by simply getting the police or child protective services involved and didn't. The unstated part that is clearly evident is that they tried to keep it in house to prevent embarassment of themselves and football program. When these actions result in ongoing violation of children, regardless of the reason, then those involved have to be held accountable and what they stand for has to be returned to it's rightfull place behind the health and safety of the children.
For instance, McQueary said he did tell the police. But no police department in the area, from what I understand, has any record of him telling them anything. Could he have told a cop who then covered it up or is he lying?

I'm done speculating. Its time to let the system work things out.

For instance, McQueary said he did tell the police. But no police department in the area, from what I understand, has any record of him telling them anything. Could he have told a cop who then covered it up or is he lying?

Either way he continues to see Sandusky around campus with young boys? And oh by the way, he is the one GA out of 22 who gets a job on the coaching staff at PSU. Way to easy.

You can give the benefit of a doubt in a lot of things but when it is children getting raped then you err to the side of the children, nobody did and children continued to be victimized. No excuses can justify this.

McQueary grows up with the Sandusky's adopted kids as neighbor friends. His father's a big pal of Jerry's. McQueary has one life dream - go to Penn State, play Penn State football, get degrees from Penn State, stay in State College and work at Penn State. All of those dreams were blown apart when he turned that corner and saw what he saw. Kablooey.

Ever lost all of your life-dreams by the single turn of a corner?

Worse, McQueary didn't realize it. He tried to deny Sandusky that kind of power. All of his behaviors can be explained like that - "I can't win in a His Word Against Mine" argument - that's my dad's great friend. That's a local legend, millions love him! I can't win. But do I have to let him destroy my life-long dreams, too? I can't even stay and get my Grad degree?!!" He swallows. In EVERY phallic reference of that word, too. He swallows. And he gets his degree, he takes a lifelong dream-job, and he swallows. Period.

Here's another aspect to the Scumdusky Interview, though. "Try to re-victimize US? Think again. Signed, Other Victims Who Were Gonna Stay Hidden."

JPinCO noted above, abusers have a type. Here is an article talking about the "type" Sandusky the perv preferred. I don't know if it is ture, but the suggestion was his preferred type were young black boys 10-12 with tall athletic builds. Absolutely disgusting.

ttp://www.opednews.com/articles/Did-Race-Explain-Penn-Stat-by-earl-ofari-hutchin-111111-582.html

The author suggests the fact he was preying on underprivileged minorites aided in the keeping the whole thing quiet for so long. Words can't describe how much this sickens me....

JPinCO noted above, abusers have a type....
The author suggests the fact he was preying on underprivileged minorites aided in the keeping the whole thing quiet for so long. Words can't describe how much this sickens me....
Lefty, I was thinking that JoePa's statue would be left alone, that there really wasn't much that would FORCE a complete divorce by a Big Time Football Program from its Long Time Cherished Coaching Legend.

This article did it. KABLOOEY. I can NOW think of a reason why such a massive enema-level revulsive divorce - an eruption - would occur. Spew it out, bay-beh. Lordy. And I was "only thinking" that preying on disadvantaged kids gave limited "fight back" opportunities. Now, I see a whole other Older Generation Lash-Back At '60s Social Trends showing up.

Boy. It makes a LOT of sense. And as you said, "sickens" beyond words. Finally... I think I see a way that Penn State could lose ALL football leverage.

Penn St. will never live this down, if people remember OU's coke and automatic weapons days, the GB alcohol and booze allegations, the Baylor Basketball Killer, they will surely remember the DC pervert of Happy Valley. It will take years for the PSU folks to rebuild. Joe Pa will be forever connected to this and known as a pedo enabler.

So your theory is that this was perpetrated by an NCAA football coach inside an NCAA football locker room/shower, witnessed by an NCAA football grad assistant who reported it to an NCAA head football coach who reported it to an NCAA AD, but it has nothing to do with the NCAA? Interesting.

BTW, SMU's death penalty was handed down because players were being paid and the "athletic department personnel" looked the other way. Seems pretty off-the-field to me... As for the other arguments, almost all NCAA penalties come well after the fact and affect players and coaches that had nothing to do with the violations. I personally think this lack of institutional control - hell, their explicit buy-in led to criminal charges - is so much worse than SMU's that it warrants implementing the death penalty.

Um, paying players is certainly an on the field issue. It affects the competitive fairness of college football. That's what the NCAA is responsible for overseeing. They aren't a law enforcement agency, they're a governing body. Just because a criminal act is committed or covered up by somebody employed in college sports doesn't mean that the NCAA has jurisdiction, any more than law enforcement agencies have jurisdiction when a coach is sending text messages to a recruit during a quiet period in recruiting.

If you can explain to me how anything that happened at Penn State gave them an unfair competitive advantage over other schools, I'm willing to listen.

Heard on the radio this morning that the FBI is getting involved. Allegations, with verifying testimony, is that Symanski took children with him on bowl trips and had them in his room on these trips. Transporting children over state lines for immoral purposes picks up a number of federal criminal statutes.

The big part of this is that if proven in federal court it opens up Penn State to litigation in federal courts instead of state courts. This effectively strips them of the state limits on statutory liability meaning that awards or settlements could run into the millions.

Heard on the radio this morning that the FBI is getting involved. Allegations, with verifying testimony, is that Symanski took children with him on bowl trips and had them in his room on these trips. Transporting children over state lines for immoral purposes picks up a number of federal criminal statutes.

The big part of this is that if proven in federal court it opens up Penn State to litigation in federal courts instead of state courts. This effectively strips them of the state limits on statutory liability meaning that awards or settlements could run into the millions.

Um, it's still Sandusky... :lol:

Yeah, if they find that he took kids across state lines and molested them, he is in really really deep ****.... And taking PSU right there with him...

I was surprised to hear the NCAA stepping in although I am not sure what they can do. Maybe it is a hint by the NCAA to get rid of everyone because this is a stain on all of college athletics.

ta111109.gif

po111117.gif

wpswi111109.gif

ta111118.gif

wpnan111109.gif

Um, it's still Sandusky... :lol:

Yeah, if they find that he took kids across state lines and molested them, he is in really really deep ****.... And taking PSU right there with him...

Yes, you're right, I messed up the name, realized after I hit send and didn't have timeto go back and fix it.

If as they reported, the FBI gets involved, all the good old boys looking out for each other are going to be looking for an escape route.

Um, paying players is certainly an on the field issue. It affects the competitive fairness of college football. That's what the NCAA is responsible for overseeing. They aren't a law enforcement agency, they're a governing body. Just because a criminal act is committed or covered up by somebody employed in college sports doesn't mean that the NCAA has jurisdiction, any more than law enforcement agencies have jurisdiction when a coach is sending text messages to a recruit during a quiet period in recruiting.

If you can explain to me how anything that happened at Penn State gave them an unfair competitive advantage over other schools, I'm willing to listen.

Okay, that's not too hard. How about the obvious scandal that's going to cripple the program, is that enough on the field for you?

lawyered!

Why is this pervert still wasting our precious oxygen supply?

From what I hear regarding prison life is you don't have much of a chance of survival if you are a child molester.

There is some honor even amongst the worst of the worst, I hear Bernie Madoff has the respect of his peers in crime but a Sandusky type won't last 30 days in that population.

Back