What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pick your top candidates for DC!

Choose your favorite of top 4 candidates (according to Rivals)

• Gibbs

Votes: 19 17.0%
  • Pendergast

Votes: 61 54.5%
  • Orlando

Votes: 13 11.6%
  • Seto

Votes: 19 17.0%

• Total voters
Not a bad choice for us though. Younger, 5 yrs of DC in Pac, LB guy so full replacement of Baers resp, recruits same footprint, poly...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would he go with a guy with a regional connection? Texas? Cal? Or will he go after a guy with a great defensive mind? Philosophically, what kind of defensive scheme does Mac prefer?

Does anyone know if it is true that HCMM wants a younger, more dynamic DC who is also a good recruiter? I certainly can buy that but then that would count out my #1 choice, Orgeron.

A. I don't trust the source of that
B. I doubt HCMM would ever allow that to slip out, not his style to be that loose lipped
C. But it would seem likely that he'd be looking for someone young and energetic.

Would he go with a guy with a regional connection? Texas? Cal? Or will he go after a guy with a great defensive mind? Philosophically, what kind of defensive scheme does Mac prefer?
I get the strong sense that Mac is the type of coach that likes to hold the opposing offense to fewer points than what his offense puts up. Philosophically, of course.

Depending on who he hires I could get back on the MM wagon. The D was depressing. Improve that stat by 20 slots and we win at least 1 conference game.

This in part may come down to how much RG can afford to pay our new DC. Pendigrast is obviously on the market and would be, at least on paper, an example of a sweet hire for us, like a major upgrade over Baer. Baer was already in the Pac and saw his market value drop over time as his Defenses before going to SJSU were not very good.

Pendigrast is seen as a bit of a hot commodity supposedly in the coaching ranks-I presume he turned down some roles last year. His last and only defense at USC was awesome especially in light of where they were before he got there and after just 1 year on the job (and with the scholarship restrictions on top of it...)

But he made $900,000 at USC.

http://247sports.com/Coach/Clancy-Pendergast-720

Now someone like him after spending a year out of coaching and possibly having a preference for the Pac may be willing to make less than that, but still that is a healthy salary increase over what Baer was making. Based on everything we have seen from RG, and even the administration when they stepped up the salary to hire RG as well, something tells me if RG and HCMM wanted a guy like that, they would find the money for him.

I wonder if the multi-year contract is being held for the new DC or if it's going to slide to someone else on staff?

I wonder if the multi-year contract is being held for the new DC or if it's going to slide to someone else on staff?

I have to believe it is going to be used for the new DC especially if they want a big dog or young high flier. I am sure lindgren would be keen to get it but his place seems secure given the vast improvement in our Offense in 2014

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know enough about the potential candidates to pose an opinion on the subject. I only hope we are able to get two assistants that store better than the ones we are losing. Better coaches, better recruiters.

This in part may come down to how much RG can afford to pay our new DC. Pendigrast is obviously on the market and would be, at least on paper, an example of a sweet hire for us, like a major upgrade over Baer. Baer was already in the Pac and saw his market value drop over time as his Defenses before going to SJSU were not very good.

Pendigrast is seen as a bit of a hot commodity supposedly in the coaching ranks-I presume he turned down some roles last year. His last and only defense at USC was awesome especially in light of where they were before he got there and after just 1 year on the job (and with the scholarship restrictions on top of it...)

But he made $900,000 at USC.

http://247sports.com/Coach/Clancy-Pendergast-720

Now someone like him after spending a year out of coaching and possibly having a preference for the Pac may be willing to make less than that, but still that is a healthy salary increase over what Baer was making. Based on everything we have seen from RG, and even the administration when they stepped up the salary to hire RG as well, something tells me if RG and HCMM wanted a guy like that, they would find the money for him.

I'm sold.

This is a great time to get rid of some more dead weight on the staff, not only on defense. I hope more upgrades are made than just the two.

This is a great time to get rid of some more dead weight on the staff, not only on defense. I hope more upgrades are made than just the two.

Doubt any of the offensive coaches leave. Walters and Bernardi seem like our two best position coaches. I could see them bringing in a running back coach though. Honestly two coaches is probably a good amount of change when one of them is a D coordinator.

Doubt any of the offensive coaches leave. Walters and Bernardi seem like our two best position coaches. I could see them bringing in a running back coach though. Honestly two coaches is probably a good amount of change when one of them is a D coordinator.

Could see any of the remaining D staff being on notice. Just depends on who the DC is and if they want their own staff. Maybe we do see some change in responsibilities throughout the staff though

I would be surprised if we don´t lose anyone else, especially on the D side of the ball. Even if HCMM has final say, a new DC is going to assert plenty of influence on that side. I would think Jeffcoat has to be on the chopping block as his unit did not fare very well and he has not been very helpful in recruiting.

Of course many of us are hoping that Neinas is gone and replaced by a RB position coach and someone else filling in for Neinas on ST. The other thing that might be interesting on D, is what is the position focus of the DC. Pendergrast for example doesn´t appear to have a strong LB focus in his background. Perhaps we will need a dedicated LB position coach too. This could influence what HCMM does regarding which unit he supports as well.

Hello all, long time no visit...

Has anyone thrown David Gibbs' name out there? He appears to be without a home, as the DC/interim HC at Houston through the bowl game. He makes $300k, and is a former Buff with a good pedigree.

Has anyone thrown David Gibbs' name out there? He appears to be without a home, as the DC/interim HC at Houston through the bowl game. He makes $300k, and is a former Buff with a good pedigree.

Can I interest you in a Native American themed white buffalo painting?

Interesting. Houston had a good D last year, and the one thing we have to offer is being in a P5 conference. I imagine he has Texas ties in recruiting too.

Back