What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pregame Thread - CU vs CSU at Mile High

4-8 with considerable improvement. We win won we shouldn't and lose one we ahoulsnt

No, I'm absolutely not. It is a rivalry game, but the rivalry is emphasized more by CSU players (which has been discussed here ad nauseam). The game probably carries a bit more significance to CU players than playing WSU or ASU or UofA, but not much more, and probably less than playing Oregon, UCLA or USC. Which is why we have to match CSU's intensity, which means that my post explicitly recognized the "rivalry" aspect of this game. Why is 2002 "completely irrelevant?" Or are you just throwing **** out there again?
CSU is more vocal about it (ie. Graham), but that doesn't mean in 2014 that MacIntyre isn't emphasizing it greatly. With MacIntyre I am not concerned about the team being physical. There was a quote from a Stanford guy in Adam's interview with Forman where the Stanford guy said in 2012 vs. SJSU they had never been hit that hard and was wondering what he is doing to get his kids to hit like that. The team brought it last year, I don't see it being different in year 2.

And why is 2002 relevant? Both teams are 100% different. Use 2009 or some ****, but 2002 was just too long ago to use as a good example.

GIYC_3.jpg

GIYC_1.jpg

GIYC_2.jpg

GIYC_4.jpg

courtesy MileHighSports

Anybody know what time the parking lots open on the 29th?

Last year it was 4 hours before kickoff. I've been running under the assumption that it will be the same this year but I wasn't able to find any details confirming that yet. Gates open at 5pm though.

CSU is more vocal about it (ie. Graham), but that doesn't mean in 2014 that MacIntyre isn't emphasizing it greatly. With MacIntyre I am not concerned about the team being physical. There was a quote from a Stanford guy in Adam's interview with Forman where the Stanford guy said in 2012 vs. SJSU they had never been hit that hard and was wondering what he is doing to get his kids to hit like that. The team brought it last year, I don't see it being different in year 2.

And why is 2002 relevant? Both teams are 100% different. Use 2009 or some ****, but 2002 was just too long ago to use as a good example.

Why is 2009 relevant? It wasn't even the same coach. Only 2013 matters. And we came to play that year. So we'll definitely come out with our hair on fire, hit CSU harder than they've ever been hit and beat CSU a gazillion to nothing.

Listening to Joe during my lunch break. At least Irv and Joe talk a lot of college football. But it strikes me that Joe no longer pays attention to what's going on

Both those guys sound like they were around when the Dead Sea was sick.

You guys rip on Joe. But he's a hero. He served as a machine gunner in Viet Nam. And, frankly, I like him and thinks he is pretty knowledgeable. I do wish he'd spend a little more effort learning what's going on up in Boulder.

Oh, and he's a fellow Texan. :thumbsup:

You guys rip on Joe. But he's a hero. He served as a machine gunner in Viet Nam. And, frankly, I like him and thinks he is pretty knowledgeable. I do wish he'd spend a little more effort learning what's going on up in Boulder.

The only time I can listen to him is when I am visiting Denver, the station they are on must use a squirrel cage to power the transmitter because the signal doesn't carry.

I give grief to those two because they passed their prime a long, long time ago. Now they have devolved into mostly a bunch of trivia that even I am not old enough to remember. They used to get a lot of very good interviews because of Irv's contacts in the sports world, he knew everybody who was somebody. Now all those guys are long retired or dead.

That said Joe has been a Buff fan since way back. When he was younger and prior to the internet days he did go to practice and he knew the team as well as anyone in the Denver media. He was a big fan of Coach Mac before Mac got it turned around. He used to go at it pretty well with the fusker fans and didn't back down an inch.

Unfortunately we are talking about 35 years ago. The last few times I've tried they were fairly unlistenable.

You really are losing it in your old age. This is a Colorado board , not a Texas board.

Their starting RT is out the whole season and another potential starter Jordan Finley is out til week 4

Their starting RT is out the whole season and another potential starter Jordan Finley is out til week 4

Finley may miss than 4 weeks. He had knee surgery in April. Losing Hathaway really hurts them at RT. I assume we read the same article from the Coloradoan. Their good TE, Cartwright, looks like he'll play but he's not 100% with a knee issue.

Listening to Joe during my lunch break. At least Irv and Joe talk a lot of college football. But it strikes me that Joe no longer pays attention to what's going on in Boulder.

BTW, CU is opening at 3 or 3-1/2. I wish I lived in Vegas.

I'm violating my "don't bet on CU" rule for this one; put up $100 when they had CU at -2.5.

Now you know who to blame if we lose.

maybe this happens every year but this year it seems like each fan base really thinks their team is going to win...

csu fans haven't been more confident than ever before (winning 8 games against nobody will do that) while we think this may be the best
CU team we have had in the last four years + (too much kool-aid ?)

So Hathaway, Finley and Cartwright are out? That sucks. I hate it when there are injuries, whomever you play, you want to see the other team's best shot, and for your team to be able to deliver theirs.

Reactions: aik
There is an absolute ton of sunshine pumping coming out of Fort Collins for this football team based on articles from Coloradoan, Loveland Herald and the Post. Especially after last night's scrimmage.

I think the CSU faithful are about to learn the hard way, what it feels like to be fed a line of BS from the HC, only to find that there will in fact be plenty of growing pains during the season.

Back