What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pryor leaves Ohio State (was: We now take you to Columbus, Ohio)

Why do we care what Bob Stoops does? Left that dungbeetle conference long ago. Now, Mike Stoops on the other hand......

This helps our chances a bit next year, mainly because now we won't have Tressel also game planning against us, which he would have been had he been just suspended. He is a cheat, but he can coach. I'm betting the list of candidates after next year will be: 1. Urban Meyer, 2. Bob Stoops 3. Pelini(especially if they do well next year). I think Pelini would take it in a heartbeat under normal circumstances, but will depend on the sanctions. I'm guessing the sanctions will now probably be less than USC's, but still something like vacate 2010, 1 year postseason ban and like 15-20 lost scholarships. Tressel will be banned from coaching for a few years.

This helps our chances a bit next year, mainly because now we won't have Tressel also game planning against us, which he would have been had he been just suspended. He is a cheat, but he can coach. I'm betting the list of candidates after next year will be: 1. Urban Meyer, 2. Bob Stoops 3. Pelini(especially if they do well next year). I think Pelini would take it in a heartbeat under normal circumstances, but will depend on the sanctions. I'm guessing the sanctions will now probably be less than USC's, but still something like vacate 2010, 1 year postseason ban and like 15-20 lost scholarships. Tressel will be banned from coaching for a few years.

carroll bolted early and it didnt help usc...

+22 is my guess although it depends on how we play against CSU, CAL and Hawaii and if OSU struggles at the start.

It will be lower than +22. Ohio State tends to play down to the competition in non-conference play.

I bet you do not see a big name end up at Ohio State. Glad to see Tressel is gone, but it really should not have taken this long. Gee's actions at the initial press conference look worse as time goes on.

Make no mistake either, Ohio State is going to get hammered.

Pelini has said that he wouldn't leave NU for OSU, now I know that could change, I'm just putting that out there. I really think OSU is going to go after Meyer HARD. Pelini's a decent coach, but he hasn't shown anything as far as the big time goes compared to Stoops and Meyer. I don't think he's on the same level as them yet...........he has the potential just depends on whether he can calm the fook down and make it happen.

Pelini has said that he wouldn't leave NU for OSU, now I know that could change, I'm just putting that out there. I really think OSU is going to go after Meyer HARD. Pelini's a decent coach, but he hasn't shown anything as far as the big time goes compared to Stoops and Meyer. I don't think he's on the same level as them yet...........he has the potential just depends on whether he can calm the fook down and make it happen.

I don't see Pelini leaving nebraska for a tainted program. I mean, nobody is tainted like nebraska--don't get me wrong--but I'm not talking about the anotomical sense of the word when I apply it to OSU.

Frankly, I hope Bo stays at nebraska forever.

NCAA is a joke. I know Tressel covered it up and was wrong but millions of dollars are being made by these schools (and coaches are given million dollar salaries) but we are punishing the kids that want to sell their team given rings or gold pants or get nice deals at the dealership for cars? Ridiculous.

I'm at the point that I want to bring in the wild wild west. If boosters want to give money to Joe Blow to represent their school let them do it. Think about the economic stimulus that would result with a bunch of 18 year olds with 250,000 and up signing bonuses. :smile2:

Don't be so sure about Bob Stoops not taking that job. He's an Ohio guy, and Oklahoma has been relegated to being UT's bitch. He's coaching in a dying conference at a school that will always be beholden to the whims of it's biggest rival. He can get more money and get out from under UT's thumb. I'd take it if I were him.

Don't be so sure about Bob Stoops not taking that job. He's an Ohio guy, and Oklahoma has been relegated to being UT's bitch. He's coaching in a dying conference at a school that will always be beholden to the whims of it's biggest rival. He can get more money and get out from under UT's thumb. I'd take it if I were him.

Red River Rivalry >>>>> Michigan/Ohio State game

I'd never leave OU for frickin Columbus, Ohio.

Red River Rivalry >>>>> Michigan/Ohio State game

I'd never leave OU for frickin Columbus, Ohio.

As for your first comment... are you nuts? OSU/UM have been playing for something like 100 years. That game defines college rivalries. UT/OU weren't even in the same conference for 60 years. There were times when the game wasn't even sold out. Don't allow recent history cloud the overall picture. UM/OSU is historically a much bigger game.

There isn't much of a difference between the two cities. Columbus is much bigger, though.

I can't see Bob Stoops or Urban Meyer running to OSU right now. Stoops has a pretty nice thing going in Oklahoma, albeit as Texas' bitch. I just don't see him leaving a job like Okie to head to OSU where they're no doubt looking at some pretty decent sanctions.

Meyer I kind of just hope he doesn't take the job as I like the guy and would prefer if he didn't drop dead of a heart attack trying to get them through their impending mess. What a stresser. Although, winning the B10 is a lot easier to win than the SEC, so that's a plus for them.

As for your first comment... are you nuts? OSU/UM have been playing for something like 100 years. That game defines college rivalries. UT/OU weren't even in the same conference for 60 years. There were times when the game wasn't even sold out. Don't allow recent history cloud the overall picture. UM/OSU is historically a much bigger game.

There isn't much of a difference between the two cities. Columbus is much bigger, though.

It's rare that I agree with Jimmy, but RRR is not to be downplayed. It is also over 100 years old, no difference if OU-UT weren't in the same conference all along, they still played each other every year. As of late, the winner of this game often had huge conference/national title implications, I can't remember this being the same UM/tOSU in recent times. Have you been to the event? I'd have to say it's very hyped up, heck, they put up a huge carnival/festival within the grounds area and the event easily garners over 100,000 folks. Now, I'm not saying that RRR is a bigger deal, but IMO, it's at least as big as the UM/tOSU rivalry. But at the same time, I don't give a crap for either game.

Meyer is the true home run hire as he was the guy they couldn't beat and he has history all over the region. Of course the Ohio doesn't initially appear determined to bring in an outside guy for 2011 and I'd take an ESPN gig and a better health situation over trying to keep up with all that Tressel accomplished and doing so in the face of bad, probably even worse sanctions on the horizon. And the Pelini era in Columbus would make Woody Hayes look like Jesse Duke in the annals of player treatment.

It's rare that I agree with Jimmy, but RRR is not to be downplayed. It is also over 100 years old, no difference if OU-UT weren't in the same conference all along, they still played each other every year. As of late, the winner of this game often had huge conference/national title implications, I can't remember this being the same UM/tOSU in recent times. Have you been to the event? I'd have to say it's very hyped up, heck, they put up a huge carnival/festival within the grounds area and the event easily garners over 100,000 folks. Now, I'm not saying that RRR is a bigger deal, but IMO, it's at least as big as the UM/tOSU rivalry. But at the same time, I don't give a crap for either game.

Wasn't just a few years ago when OSU Mich game was between #1 and #2?

Edit- it was 2006

OF COURSE THERE IS A CARNIVAL AND FESTIVAL it takes place during the Texas State Fair...

I have no idea who will ultimately get the job. Whoever it is will have their hands full. Sounds like the NCAA is gonna nail them to the wall. They deserve no less than what U$C got, maybe even more.

And its played at the COTTON BOWL. Love that place

Now that you provide an ESPN source.. it is by default that I rescind my statement. Carry on, gentlemen.

And BCS, who cares that it's the state fair, it's all part of the same package.

I was just showing that most of the sports writers and others might not agree. Most lists that I found through google showed mich osu as #1 and hardly any even had the RRR. And in 2006 the teams were #1 and #2 and both were undefeated going into the last game of the year.

Its also colder and losing population (which equals less elite recruits) OU can go down south and find more players than Ohio State can.

Back