What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pryor leaves Ohio State (was: We now take you to Columbus, Ohio)

Now do we see OSU make the huge U turn.

They have figured out that this is something that they can't bluff their way out of. Next step is to "accept" the resignation of Tressel and try to dump as much blame as possible on him making him the fall guy. Their new argument will be "Yes we had some problems but they weren't systemic. They we as a result of decisions by our coach outside of his authority and the university standard, when we found out the truth about him we got rid of him so we should be treated lightly in regards to sanctions."

We all know that this isn't true, it would be impossible to not know that things were going on unless they simply wanted to not know but it may give the NCAA an excuse to go lightly since OSU "doesn't have a record of issues in the past."

Now we need resignations from NCAA committee members that allowed players to play in a bowl game but be suspended from regular season games the next year. F'n ridiculous.

I'll be honest haven't followed the story very closely but I am surprised he ended up resigning. It seemed OSU was going to try and wait this out and go head to head with the NCAA. Memorial Day "resignation" is very fishy in my mind.

Will be interesting to see where Tressel ends up.

I'll be honest haven't followed the story very closely but I am surprised he ended up resigning. It seemed OSU was going to try and wait this out and go head to head with the NCAA. Memorial Day "resignation" is very fishy in my mind.

not exactly a PR coup, is it?

Does this mean that they decided that the stall and ignore strategy wasn't working, or does it mean that they see some even more damaging information coming out that if Tressel is still around will cover them in the smell of it. Be interesting to see what more comes out in the next few days or weeks and how successful they are at deflecting it to Tressel and away from the school.

"i'm sorry I disappointed some people" "I could have done some things better". Nice acknowledgment of his lies and schemimg. What a total POS. I'm betting ESPN, or someone similar, offers him a contract within a week. He isn't too bad compared to M Irvin

Does this mean that they decided that the stall and ignore strategy wasn't working, or does it mean that they see some even more damaging information coming out that if Tressel is still around will cover them in the smell of it. Be interesting to see what more comes out in the next few days or weeks and how successful they are at deflecting it to Tressel and away from the school.

seemed like the Ray Small allegations got the ball rolling.

damn. i wanted him coaching next year so there wont be a damn * next to the score when CU whoops their ass.

I cant say Im surprised by the resignation, seems it was headed in that direction for awhile. However, I am surprised that it happened today.

has any school won a national championship in about the last 10 years without subsequently being caught of cheating?

ok, so i'm overstating it slightly, but sheesh. i wonder if this whole thing will wipe some of the self-satisfied sanctimony off the face of the sweater-vest now.

Reading the article from CU at the Game, he's a native of Ohio and bought a house there. Never know I guess.

Pelini, Meyer and Patterson's names being thrown around. I wouldn't be surprised to see Stoops or Stoops lite in the mix. Big news, obvioulsy tOSU is going to get a real sanction, color me slightly skeptical, but pleasantly surprised at this point.

Pelini, Meyer and Patterson's names being thrown around. I wouldn't be surprised to see Stoops or Stoops lite in the mix. Big news, obvioulsy tOSU is going to get a real sanction, color me slightly skeptical, but pleasantly surprised at this point.

sadly i think defuses a lot of the sanctions... I hope i'm mistaken...

Back