What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Random CU Olympic Sports Thread

The replay of the Buffs' victory over UCLA in volleyball is on the Pac-12 network right now.

If anyone is interested, the Pac-12 Network right now is showing the replay of the Buffs VB team beating #1 Washington.

[tweet]493390548213186560[/tweet]

[tweet]493390931157352448[/tweet]

Congratulations to Yannik!!!

We should get lumber jacking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Soccer season for the Buffs is about three weeks away and we have our first article in the Daily Camera - good choice to focus on the goalkeepers as CU graduated a very good one (Annie Brunner) and has quite a whole to fill. Fortunately they have three candidates with the most likely, IMHO, being the transfer from Colorado College, Kate Scheele. A year ago she had a very good season for CC and will be a junior this fall for CU.

http://www.buffzone.com/ci_26253651/cu-soccer-trio-will-battle-start-buffs-goal

[tweet]496020900953591809[/tweet]

[tweet]496028993498259456[/tweet]

Since this is the random Olympic thread I will post here. I am watching the swim meet on NBC right now and they just completed their obligatory Missy Franklin piece and it got me wondering, what is holding CU back from forming a Men's and Women's swimming and diving team?

The Pac is very oriented to Olympic sports and most of our peers already have these sports. It would be great to keep kids like Missy in CO. Any thoughts? I apologize in advance if this has been covered.

Since this is the random Olympic thread I will post here. I am watching the swim meet on NBC right now and they just completed their obligatory Missy Franklin piece and it got me wondering, what is holding CU back from forming a Men's and Women's swimming and diving team?

The Pac is very oriented to Olympic sports and most of our peers already have these sports. It would be great to keep kids like Missy in CO. Any thoughts? I apologize in advance if this has been covered.

Budget and an appropriate PAC level facility for two.

We used to have these sports but they got cut a few years back when the AD cut back on everything.

I agree that they are good fits for our affiliation with the PAC12. It also seems that while nothing like California or some other states Colorado does produce some talent in these sports who would be good candidates to build around. They are also sports where weather limitations are not a factor that would hold us back like in some other sports since they are inside.

Budget and an appropriate PAC level facility for two.

We used to have these sports but they got cut a few years back when the AD cut back on everything.

I agree that they are good fits for our affiliation with the PAC12. It also seems that while nothing like California or some other states Colorado does produce some talent in these sports who would be good candidates to build around. They are also sports where weather limitations are not a factor that would hold us back like in some other sports since they are inside.

When you say budgeting are you referring to travel and scholarships? I was thinking expenses would be low to maintain the team, comparatively.

We actually won a national championship this year for the club team so I think that there is some potential there to have a good team, but the Pac-12 is also very strong in swimming.

When you say budgeting are you referring to travel and scholarships? I was thinking expenses would be low to maintain the team, comparatively.

Yes, travel, scholarships, coaching, etc.

Compared to some other potential sports swimming would probably be relatively cheap in these areas but in overall terms the cost of adding any sport is still significant.

I would be in favor, lots of positive reasons, some of which you gave, but it comes down to if the AD is looking to fund additional sports at this time.

And on top of all this the facility question is a big one. We would have to find space for and the money to build an aquatics facility that is at least competitive with other schools including PAC facilities. I have no specific knowledge of how much this would be but just a random guess would put it in the $3-8 million range. A significant figure when they are putting a heavy focus on paying for the facility upgrades already on the board.

Back